"but decided on..... Diamonds are forever"

:eek:

:D

What planet is she and her mentor on?

Comments

• Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, I couldn't believe it when Tamera said that. Whoever truly does pick the songs - whether it is the metors or producers, really hasn't got a clue. How embarrassing and ridiculous.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bohemian Rhapsody is so hard to do it's best left for joke acts.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bohemian Rhapsody would have been ridiculous. You need a classical voice for that - G4 did it, Rhydian could have done it :confused:
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, Bohemian Rhapsody would have been a disaster - bad choice IMO
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She wants to thank her lucky stars someone talked her out of it.
  • noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Bohemian Rhapsody would have been ridiculous. You need a classical voice for that - G4 did it, Rhydian could have done it :confused:
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    I have to say, Bohemian Rhapsody would have been a disaster - bad choice IMO
    She wants to thank her lucky stars someone talked her out of it.

Oh boy, the choice to do a song she ultimately forgot the words to was a wise one.

Bohemian Rhapsody is just one of those songs you cannot do without some major s**t in your locker and people easily forget that Freddy mercury was just one of THE most talented vocalists of all time.

Some songs should be left alone and this is one of them.
  • rokaroka Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Had she pulled it off, and I have no reason to think she wouldn't, with her voice it could well have been that 'moment' Borelow was on about. She/they made a mistake in not doing it imo.
    And I can't think of a single song in the entire world that 'should be left alone', if the scissor sisters can do Pink Floyd and Rolf Harris can do Zeppelin then anything can be done. Whether it ends up any good or not is an entirely different matter of course.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roka wrote: »
    Had she pulled it off, and I have no reason to think she wouldn't, with her voice it could well have been that 'moment' Borelow was on about. She/they made a mistake in not doing it imo.
    And I can't think of a single song in the entire world that 'should be left alone', if the scissor sisters can do Pink Floyd and Rolf Harris can do Zeppelin then anything can be done. Whether it ends up any good or not is an entirely different matter of course.

Seeing that she forgot the words to 'Diamonds Are Forever', is it not likely she may have forgotten the lyrics to 'Bohemian Rhapsody' too, given that there are far more of them to learn?
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She hasn't managed to emotionally connect to even one of the songs she has performed yet. She would have sucked the life out of it.

Even Adam Lambert can only just about pull it off. Tamera would have been screwed, good job somebody could foresee what a car crash tv moment it would have been.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noelw1969 wrote: »
    Oh boy, the choice to do a song she ultimately forgot the words to was a wise one.

Bohemian Rhapsody is just one of those songs you cannot do without some major s**t in your locker and people easily forget that Freddy mercury was just one of THE most talented vocalists of all time.

Some songs should be left alone and this is one of them.

Noel, you are absolutely correct. Even though I'm a Tamera fan no one should ever touch this song no matter what...it belongs to Freddie Mercury. May him R.I.P. :(
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BoRhrap ?

The lowest notes are at the top of the 2nd octave. The top note hovers near the 6th and cant be "cheated", it has to be hit with the kind of tech and power she currently lacks.

Tamera is not ready to attempt that kind of song.Perhaps in the future , she could, but right now, the arrangement would have to be adapted a great deal in terms of range and style for her to even manage it.
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

For which they should have been charged with crimes against humanity. :eek:
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    Please please please, Tamera do Bohemian Rhapsody this week.

;)
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    Seeing that she forgot the words to 'Diamonds Are Forever', is it not likely she may have forgotten the lyrics to 'Bohemian Rhapsody' too, given that there are far more of them to learn?
    It's this blatantly obvious fact that leads me to believe that she must have been joking about Bohemian Rhapsody - surely? Not that I have seen any sign so far that she has a sense of humour. Anyway, for many reasons, not least the fact that I hate that song more than practically any other, I'm glad she didn't sing it. It's bad enough when a competent (but unpleasant to my ears) singer like Freddy Mercury sings it.
  • johnny-go-gojohnny-go-go Posts: 153
    Forum Member

I agree. I think the producers would have had her doing The Braids version of Bohemian Rhapsody, think it's from the film High School High, I'd do a link if I knew how. If she had done this and did it well I think it would have been 'the moment' people are waiting for. I'd go as far as saying that they only changed song so late in the week because she had problems remembering the lyrics.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    even if she had pulled that version off , and it wouldn't have been easy to do live, then I am not sure it would have given her the wow moment as it would still have been a very marmite thing to do , and i'm fairly sure doing a hip hop version of a classic song wouldn't go down well with the typical x factor audience

shes got to do something that is going to convert people that are lukewarm to her atm and I really cant see something like that doing it , don't think I have ever seen anyone do justice to bohemian rhapsody on one of these shows and not seen any evidence from her so far that she would have been the first, even with that alternative version

rather than being a wow moment for her , it could have been a nail in the coffin moment
  • LadybrandyLadybrandy Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Is tamera a silly girl she should have picked her song carefully the first time around
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the real life, is this just fantasy
    Caught in a landslide, with no escape from reality
    Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see
    I'm just a poor girl, I need no sympathy
    Cause I'm easy come, easy go
    Little high, little low

Yep, I think she was joking!
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    Rangermick wrote: »
    Is this the real life, is this just fantasy
    Caught in a landslide, with no escape from reality
    Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see
    I'm just a poor girl, I need no sympathy
    Cause I'm easy come, easy go
    Little high, little low

Yep, I think she was joking!

More like:

"Is this the real life, is this...... errr ummm errr Oh I've forgotten the words again. Still, I'm 16, legal and look pretty, so the singing doesn't matter at all."
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The problem with Bohemian Rhapsody is that a) it's a group song, not a solo and b) it's about 6 mins long, so would have to be cut to ribbons to fit into the less than 2 minute time slot each X-Factor contestant is given to perform. It just doesn't work in the TV talent show context. Especially when the person who has been given the song is a teenager who is raw and lacks performing experience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More like:

"Is this the real life, is this...... errr ummm errr Oh I've forgotten the words again. Still, I'm 16, legal and look pretty, so the singing doesn't matter at all."

Not sure what to say really! :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More like:

PMSL. :D
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    The problem with Bohemian Rhapsody is that a) it's a group song, not a solo and b) it's about 6 mins long, so would have to be cut to ribbons to fit into the less than 2 minute time slot each X-Factor contestant is given to perform. It just doesn't work in the TV talent show context. Especially when the person who has been given the song is a teenager who is raw and lacks performing experience.

It can be done as a solo song, but I would never recommend anyone without a lot of experience, a monster range, and at least some classical training attempt it.

Tamera may have a monster range,but it's too soon to tell as she hasn't learned to use her voice to it's max yet. She definitely isn't ready to tackle this one, regardless.

I do hope she succeeds enough that we can easily hear how she progresses in years to come(and think she just might! :) ) She truly does have so much potential, and is one of the most interesting contestants in terms of raw talent (in the real sense,not the way the term has been cliche'd and thrown around) to come along on these shows ,imo.