TWO big stars QUIT Home and Away!!

RainRain Posts: 9,688
Forum Member
Axle Whitehead and Luke Mitchell have filmed their final scenes as Liam and Romeo and the characters will depart next year - source - TV Week out today in Australia.

Comments

• dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,074
    Forum Member
    Rain wrote: »
    Axle Whitehead and Luke Mitchell have filmed their final scenes as Liam and Romeo and the characters will depart next year - source - TV Week out today in Australia.

I really should care more but this dosent suprise me i use to love Home and away up to 2009 now its a completly different show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    No real loss. Two of the weaker characters imo. Liam's character has been redundant since his split with Bianca and the on/off Romeo/Indi is boring to watch. Not surprised either as these kind of stars tend to stay only 3 or 4 years max.
  • Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    They'll maybe try their luck in Hollywood now.

Quite a few of the Australian actors try it there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Romeo ... "I know I was s*****g Ruby who troed to kill you, but how dare you get off with my best mate Liam not me, even thou Im the wettest self centerd male in the bay"
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louise32 wrote: »
    They'll maybe try their luck in Hollywood now.

Quite a few of the Australian actors try it there.

They should try coming to the uk. They might have better luck over here!
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neighbors is miles ahead these days
  • Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    Depends I suppose.

Quite a few of them did brilliantly but I suppose the odds of being next Guy Pierce or Chris Hemsworth aren't great.

But you never know.
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    1) Opens thread expecting to see news of "big stars" quitting H&A

2) Reads that it's only Luke Mitchell and Axle Whitehead.

3) Thinks "Oh, is that all?"
    Forum Member
    I think it be a nice touch if they left the way they came, we firist seen romeo being dropped into town by liam so it be nice if they both had enough of the bay and just drove off
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Good riddance. Both their characters were spent.
  • rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strongly doubt either of these two will crack Hollywood, but I guess I'll miss Luke Mitchell's chest. That's about it.
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Good riddance. Both their characters were spent.

they complety changed romeo, he arrived as a happy go lucky flirty confident guy then indi sucked the life out of him
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    they complety changed romeo, he arrived as a happy go lucky flirty confident guy then indi sucked the life out of him

I could not agree more! Indi just sucked the personality out of him and it really showed so much that they addressed it on-screen with his constant moaning about how boring he had become. Trying to make him work those jobs for Dennis and give up his surfing background. Now he cannot even surf because of his injuries - why not take him back to his roots before he leaves.

Wasn't Annie Campbell meant to be returning - they could have her return and leave with him.
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member

Yep he had potential especially with his mum and sister and their backstories. I think it's the writers who sucked the life out of him to be honest, like with most aspects of the show they couldnt think of any storylines apart from love love love love love.

As for Axle or whatever his character's name was, not that I watch the show these days, but if I did, I wouldn't miss the Rob Storey of the 2010s.
    Forum Member
    Rain wrote: »
    I could not agree more! Indi just sucked the personality out of him and it really showed so much that they addressed it on-screen with his constant moaning about how boring he had become. Trying to make him work those jobs for Dennis and give up his surfing background. Now he cannot even surf because of his injuries - why not take him back to his roots before he leaves..

Wasn't Annie Campbell meant to be returning - they could have her return and leave with him.

Id love that to happen but lucy addorio doesnt seem to have much time for the history of the show , the ideal story for his exit would either be annie returns and they decide to go traveling or he goes through an identity crisis

miles returns and makes him see how much hes changed as he goes for one last surf he smiles and leaves the bay either alone or with liam ready to take on the world his last line being in his cocky tone plenty more girls to see:D
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    Can't say I'm sad about this. I'm just glad it's not Dex leaving.
  • Scorpio87Scorpio87 Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sad to hear Romeo's leaving as i've been waiting for ages for Romeo/Indi to reunite so its going to be highly annoying if the split up again after about a week. I get the feeling he might be killed off which is sad as i love Romeo/Indi together but i do like the thought that it might give Indi a proper storyline with a bit of depth.

As for Liam i'm not particularly surprised hes leaving. The writers clearly don't know what to do with him and considering he has no real ties to the Bay it does seem odd for him to just stick around and work at the restaurant. I like Liam and still think he had more to give but since his whole life was taken off him and given to Heath its been made pretty obvious they have no future plans for him.
  • ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was inevitable that Luke would leave after Rebecca going. his character just remarried indi so I can't see him just leaving, I think it might be a tragic ending! As for Liam he's not had a decent storyline for a long time so no great loss.
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    summer_ste wrote: »
    Yep he had potential especially with his mum and sister and their backstories. I think it's the writers who sucked the life out of him to be honest, like with most aspects of the show they couldnt think of any storylines apart from love love love love love.

As for Axle or whatever his character's name was, not that I watch the show these days, but if I did, I wouldn't miss the Rob Storey of the 2010s.

Romeo isn't as obscure as Rob though.
  • dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scorpio87 wrote: »
    I'm sad to hear Romeo's leaving as i've been waiting for ages for Romeo/Indi to reunite so its going to be highly annoying if the split up again after about a week. I get the feeling he might be killed off which is sad as i love Romeo/Indi together but i do like the thought that it might give Indi a proper storyline with a bit of depth.

As for Liam i'm not particularly surprised hes leaving. The writers clearly don't know what to do with him and considering he has no real ties to the Bay it does seem odd for him to just stick around and work at the restaurant. I like Liam and still think he had more to give but since his whole life was taken off him and given to Heath its been made pretty obvious they have no future plans for him.

<This>

Agree with everything you have said here but particular the - BIB.
    Forum Member
    away from the subject a tiny bit, is anyone on here on backtothebay iv been on it since about 2006 but now it seems quite dead and theres alot of censorship your tread and post now has to be approved and when i asked about site updates my post wasent:confused:
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never liked Liam, only come round to him recently, so not sad to see him leave but disappointed about Romeo, but then he has been wasted the past year or so on the tedious Ruby/Indi rubbish. He was a real breath of fresh air when he first arrived too, shame.

It's about time Home and Away brought back some big hitters from the nineties and noughties, there's a big chunk of history that's been all but wiped out except for the mainstays like Alf, Irene and Leah. My first choices would be Jesse McGregor, Hayley Lawson and Steven/Selina. Or get Sally back.
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    Ouch. Although both characters have had weaknesses lately, they are two of the better actors and more established guys which is a shame

Suppose Heath and Bianca will be for keeps..was always rooting for Liam and Bianca!
  • ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    away from the subject a tiny bit, is anyone on here on backtothebay iv been on it since about 2006 but now it seems quite dead and theres alot of censorship your tread and post now has to be approved and when i asked about site updates my post wasent:confused:

I'm on it but haven't been on for a while, I never really posted anyway I only go on to read the spoilers.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member

I loath going there now. If you say anything negative about the Braxtons on the freakin' Braxton thread you get shot down in a second. Slowly but surely it's turning into a Braxtons fan page.