BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 54)

Comments

• ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    How odd. I wonder what causes it? I was under the impression that Newcastle never had any trouble, especially as they didn't even riot in "The riots"
    What was the Scotswood riot?

There is always trouble after the Derby matches.
    The Scotswood/benwell riot was in 1991 or 2 if I remember correctly. It was nasty and lasted a few days.I think it started when the police questioned a group of youths and just escalated.
    Forum Member
    We had a very pleasant run/walk along the coast and the usual excellent meal afterwards.I was sitting with 2 folk from the American Embassy, who were very interesting about the situation in Korea as both had been posted there and they were also discussing some of the gross things they have eaten out of politeness. We had a new member today, who is from Birmingham.He kept saying 'I'm sure I know you from somewhere'. It turned out that he is a Wolves fan who tries to get to as many matches as possible and the pub I ran was a great favourite with the Away fans because we had nice customers and didn't allow any more than good-natured banter between opposing sides.As soon as I told him the name, he remembered that is where he knew me from. His son was at Newcastle University, too.Small world!

Afterwards, 4 of the runners came back here for coffee and to pick some of our lemons and we had a lovely afternoon with them. They were also trying the stuff from the dehydrator and were very impressed with it all.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »
    We had a very pleasant run/walk along the coast and the usual excellent meal afterwards.I was sitting with 2 folk from the American Embassy, who were very interesting about the situation in Korea as both had been posted there and they were also discussing some of the gross things they have eaten out of politeness. We had a new member today, who is from Birmingham.He kept saying 'I'm sure I know you from somewhere'. It turned out that he is a Wolves fan who tries to get to as many matches as possible and the pub I ran was a great favourite with the Away fans because we had nice customers and didn't allow any more than good-natured banter between opposing sides.As soon as I told him the name, he remembered that is where he knew me from. His son was at Newcastle University, too.Small world!

Afterwards, 4 of the runners came back here for coffee and to pick some of our lemons and we had a lovely afternoon with them. They were also trying the stuff from the dehydrator and were very impressed with it all.

small world :)
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worst rioting in decades? Hardly:rolleyes:~ the police must have very short memories. The Scotswood riots were awful, especially as there was hardly any police presence.There was a huge police presence at the match, they were talking about it on the local news during the week and the fans were saying that the police were over reacting.There is always trouble after the derby matches and they were prepared for it.

i think the police did a great job as they managed to get the situation calmed down

there has always been trouble at footy matches this year more than most :o
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    i think the police did a great job as they managed to get the situation calmed down

there has always been trouble at footy matches this year more than most :o

They should ban them then!
  • Janet29Janet29 Posts: 22,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should ban them then!

we dont get much trouble these days, crowds not big enough
    Forum Member
    Janet29 wrote: »
    we dont get much trouble these days, crowds not big enough

As far as I know there is no real trouble between Liverpool and Everton fans, but it is a different situation to most regions because the clubs are in the same place and plenty of families are red and blue mixed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I know there is no real trouble between Liverpool and Everton fans, but it is a different situation to most regions because the clubs are in the same place and plenty of families are red and blue mixed.

we do get problems when we play Burnley

but yes ive never read any trouble between Everton and Liverpool fans even though there is strong rivalry

hows Ringo and Rover?
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member

Nice guy - shag and tell, lovely tag by which to be remembered! Another autobiography from a child:rolleyes: Sounds as though his will read like a shagging hall of fame - and who the devil cares:(
    Forum Member

What a coincidence - given that you don't live in a heaving metropolis! Always nice to see a friendly/familiar face when you're away from home though:cool:
    Forum Member
    we do get problems when we play Burnley

but yes ive never read any trouble between Everton and Liverpool fans even though there is strong rivalry

hows Ringo and Rover?

Ringo is in prime position on the couch watching "the village" and Rover has overdosed on junk food (sheba) and is snoring away with a smirk on his face. :D
    Forum Member
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    What a coincidence - given that you don't live in a heaving metropolis! Always nice to see a friendly/familiar face when you're away from home though:cool:

Hello Jojo.:) Did you get the puppy?
    Forum Member
    Evening everyone:)

I've had vertigo on and off all week but yesterday and today it seems worse??? I'm a bt fed up with it now and have been trying to keep away from the PC screen - although it doesn't seem to make much difference:rolleyes:

The tiny Pom has arrived, they collected her yesterday and she's adorable, but so tiny. We might need advice from you Moots in the care of tiny creatures, but she won't be feeling the cold, she's very fluffy. The only photos I have at the moment are on my phone and I'm not sure I know how to upload them to Flickr:confused: I spent a very happy hour sitting/lying on the kitchen floor yesterday afternoon, introducing myself to her!

I'm going to see the kittens on Wed afternoon so hopefully I'll have some better pics - I'm hoping I get to choose our kitten but I'm not sure if that's what she's offering until I get there.
    Forum Member
    Hello Jojo.:) Did you get the puppy?

You'll have read my post now - she's so cute and so tiny!

There are some good photos of her on FB but I don't think you do FB do you? I might be able to take them from there and put them on Flickr - I'll have a go in a while:cool:
    Forum Member
    acker wrote: »
    Evening sr :)....I was trying to think of something funny to say about a mango cutter, but even im knackered with that one :D

Hi acks - We get mangos given to us by a guy who works with OH - usuallty a whole box which is a pity as I don't really likek them! I have mushed them up though and frozen the fruit - it thaws quite soft and pappy but it's good in/with puddings.

We just cut them all round the skin and twist:cool:
    Forum Member
    Morning Honey and Eddy :D

Lovely to see the improvement in the weather :D

Hi Flora - did you manage to get around to any gardening?

I planted about 20 primulas in tubs just to liven them up! I'll have my own gardening programme on TV at this rate - with Hicky as Alan Titchmarsh:D
    Forum Member
    I am giddy with happiness after watching "the village":rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/10953775@N05/

I think this is a link to Flickr!!

ETA - just tried it and it works for me:D She looks a bit like a hedgehog!
    Forum Member
    I am giddy with happiness after watching "the village":rolleyes:

I only watched one episode and gave up:rolleyes:
    Forum Member

LMAO! She is certainly cute and very hedgehog like.:p

I have to be up at 5, so I will say nighty night....:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ringo is in prime position on the couch watching "the village" and Rover has overdosed on junk food (sheba) and is snoring away with a smirk on his face. :D

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

awww how cute is she:D

she does look like a hedgehog.....whats her name? :D
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes she does - but a very cute one ! :D
    Forum Member

Oh what beautiful markings she has. :) How old is she? Thank you for showing the picture :cool:
    Forum Member
    LMAO! She is certainly cute and very hedgehog like.:p

I have to be up at 5, so I will say nighty night....:)

Night Arte
    awww how cute is she:D

she does look like a hedgehog.....whats her name? :D

No name as yet, they've been innundated with suggestions!
    Barracute wrote: »
    Yes she does - but a very cute one ! :D

She looks less like a hedgehog when she sits up!
    Oh what beautiful markings she has. :) How old is she? Thank you for showing the picture :cool:

She's almost 12 weeks, just a few days off I think

She has one vaccination left to have, she's been wormed and micro chipped although how the vet found space for a chip I have no idea!!

Wolf sable, or sable wolf I think the markings are called.
This discussion has been closed.