Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking the rules here, but this has to be one of the BEST adverts I've seen. So simple, but so touching (especially if you love horses like I do):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPG7PcI67dE

Lovely, made me cry. Simple but very, very touching. Ad agencies please note, sometimes less is more.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Somersby Cider advert is one of the best I've seen for quite a while. I love the way they take the piss out of Apple! "Less apps more apples." :D
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not an advert - or is it ? but I can't stand the Bombardier beer things with Rik Mayall on Dave. It's just Lord Flashheart from Blackadder, but more tedious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Listerine Zero mouthwash. Disgusting advert that puts me off my food if I'm eating when it's on.
  • User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The incessant Lottery syndicate adverts which seem to be plaguing the documentary channels..

No I don't want to sign up and play some frickin lottery in Toga thank you.....
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lighterlitelife.com, just seen it and the way the woman cocks her head and shrugs her shoulder really put me in a mood.
    Forum Member
    "I'm gonna be a chocolate digestive!"

The thought that someone was paid for this, that the advert was created and then greenlit makes me weep for humanity.
  • LilylilacLilylilac Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ones where the idiot family are playing charades..... The wind the bobbin up one is the worse one, absolute shocking writing, what morons get paid for dreaming up this drivel? Or I should say what idiots pay other idiots to dream up drivel like this.
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another victim of the Corsadyl mouthwash ad!
    Missed dinner and was settling down with some tasty supper to watch Scott and Bailey and am confronted with some woman brushing her teeth and spitting toothpaste and blood in the sink in the ad break.
    Has put me right off.
    Fecking advertisers. :mad:
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fosters gold adverts are about as funny as being kicked in the nads.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Juan Sheet is back showing his bum in the new Plenty advert!:mad:
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anybody seen the advert with that i dont know tablet and you got a guy in the middle with laser lights everywhere and hes singing something like Love you. Whats the song?
  • g4jcg4jc Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »

Do not like him! :mad: Bring back the Bounty ladies! :D:D:D
  • manic maniacmanic maniac Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Wow, haven't posted here in a while :p well here's ten because there are so many:

20. Highland Spring - Ok, this is a spring water advert featuring a Scottish mole that jumps onto a geyser of said water laughing and then uses empty bottles to blow through to create a tune while waving it's arms. Doesn't sound that annoying does it? well I just think the whole thing is cringe-worthy, for some reason.

19. Pizza Hut - This one doesn't actually annoy me THAT much, but my god, the voice and that song she is singing is horrible!

18. Think! - Ok David Coultard, I'm bloody sick of your tutorial on driving safe, good message, but overplayed advert. The radio advert, however, is annoying. "I start the engine like David Coultard, I walk about like David Coultard, I think I am David bloody Coultard!" :mad:

17. Royal Navy - God, I hate this advert, one of the worst of the year so far, it annoyed me most around January and disappeared for a while, but now I've noticed is coming back on more. "You push, you pause, you pish, you sleep, rise, find, go-SHUT UP!!!!!!!! :mad: reminds me of the Santander "You Save" advert from last year, which was one of the worst of last year as well :mad:

16. Skittles - This advert is stupid and confuses me, pardon the pun, where the girl finds the other girl making out with the other girl's "boyfriend", which turns out to be a walrus, and the girl says it's not her boyfriend, it just looks like him, and then blabs on about Skittles Confused. Am I missing something here? :confused:

15. Stella Artois - A new one from them, but nowhere near as annoying as the lift advert or the C'est Cidre President from last year (shudders), but I find this one more boring than annoying, and am still against them because of those previous adverts.

14. Dairy Lea - The ads from last year with the kids talking in the fridge and what not slightly bugged me but I always knew they would bring out a much more irritating advert. The one with the kids constantly opening the fridge door and laughing at a stupid toy cow that moos when you open the door, with a new edited version featuring me in the background shouting "F*ckin' stop it, ye'll break the feckin' door!" :mad: : p

13. Foxy Bingo - This is just, Christ, ehm, well now we're getting into the REALLY crap territory is all I can say about Foxy's horrific tuneless karaoke bus complete with cheesey bad actors. As bad as last year's "Born Free" ad. :(

12. Moneysupermarket - I HATE this stupid advert, with Alan, the new fat idiot representing middle-aged, so-called "epicness" from insurance, following on from last year's Brian :mad: and Gary. One of the worst adverts this year, which annoyed me throughout January, is back again for another round. I hope Alan's NASA shuttle blows up. Or at least stays in space.

11. Bertolli - Yeah, I know I'm not in the minority in hating this advert, the one with the grannies who've taught their dog to remove men's clothing so they can take pervy pictures when the guy in the ad's clothes get ripped off. I agree if it was the other way round people would be screaming bloody murder about sexism, which is irritating, but either way, this advert is annoying.

I'll think of another 10 later, hopefully they'll entertain for now :) while I'm up at this time, bored :p
  • Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    The moneysupermarket advert featuring the space shuttle is so stupid even my 5 year old thinks it's stupid. He saw it for the first time the other day and shouted out "He's wearing the wrong helmet." I told him it was supposed to be funny. None of us think it is funny though. It' s just maddening.

My most hated advert though is the one with the kid in the kitchen being called chef. Ugh.
    Forum Member

16. Skittles - This advert is stupid and confuses me, pardon the pun, where the girl finds the other girl making out with the other girl's "boyfriend", which turns out to be a walrus, and the girl says it's not her boyfriend, it just looks like him, and then blabs on about Skittles Confused. Am I missing something here? :confused:

I hate that one too. It's a perfect example of what happens when people are allowed to be creative when they actually don't have a single imaginative or clever bone in their body.

Seems like the sort of advert that dreadful Mother ad agency would put out.
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,373
    Forum Member
    It's not an advert - or is it ? but I can't stand the Bombardier beer things with Rik Mayall on Dave. It's just Lord Flashheart from Blackadder, but more tedious.

He is getting a bit long in the tooth for this sort of thing isn't he :D
    Forum Member
    Stinky Kev wrote: »
    I'm in the navy and have to admit that advert represents absolutely nothing to do with my job. It fails to mention the 14 hour days and nights, being away for months at a time and being told what to do by some jumped up posh idiot who's inhaled that silver spoon that he was born with in his mouth so much that it's started to stick out of his arsehole!!!

All military recruitment ads annoy me, I personally think the UK forces are seen by successive governments as cannon fodder for their endless and unwinnable wars and it offends me massively that young kids who can't get a job after leaving school will be duped into thinking it is a glamorous life, when the reality is the reverse (my hubby was in the forces and it is far from glamorous!).
    Forum Member
    Isme - Carol Vorderman... enough said! :mad:

Don't you know, all women secretly want to dress like Carol Vorderman :D

mutton and lamb spring to mind....
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The moneysupermarket advert featuring the space shuttle is so stupid even my 5 year old thinks it's stupid. He saw it for the first time the other day and shouted out "He's wearing the wrong helmet." I told him it was supposed to be funny. None of us think it is funny though. It' s just maddening.

My most hated advert though is the one with the kid in the kitchen being called chef. Ugh.

I hate that ad :mad: Its probably supposed to be "cute", but surely the people who are COOKING/PREPARING THE FOOD are chefs and that kid is an annoying twunt who orders everyone about pretending to be G Ramsay :mad:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    He is getting a bit long in the tooth for this sort of thing isn't he :D

Every time I see those ads I cant help thinking "Lord Flashheart" :D
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Every time I see those ads I cant help thinking "Lord Flashheart" :D

See post 979 ! :D
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    g4jc wrote: »
    Do not like him! :mad: Bring back the Bounty ladies! :D:D:D

:D:D:D
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »

I like him. He looks a bit like Nicholas Cage crossed with Paolo Di Canio.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That depressing NSPCC advert asking for £2 a month is back again! :mad:
This discussion has been closed.