Albums to look forward in 2014 - January and Feburary

constantino_chrconstantino_chr Posts: 673
Forum Member
✭✭
I was looking at a list I made of albums which are coming out in January and February of next year and they are really exciting!!!

http://iplugtoyou.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/albums-to-look-forward-to-next-year.html

September Girls - Cursing the Sea
Warpaint - Warpaint
Bombay Bicycle Club - So Long, See You Tomorrow
Katy B - Little Red
Planningtorock - All Love's Legal
Angel Olsen - Burn Your Fire For No Witness
St Vincent - St Vincent
MØ - No Mythologies To Follow

These are all confirmed releases are there any I've missed out that you think I ought to have included? (these are just my personal picks)

I will be doing one of these every two months so stay tuned!!:D

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    So far I'm looking forward to:

Little Red - Katy B
    Wanderlust - Sophie Ellis-Bextor
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why would anyone release an album in January?? sounds silly to release it just after xmas when people are generally broke
  • WafcSeanWafcSean Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    why would anyone release an album in January?? sounds silly to release it just after xmas when people are generally broke

Adele didn't do too badly with 21. :p
  • Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bruce Springsteen- High Hopes, out in January
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    http://iplugtoyou.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/albums-to-look-forward-to-next-year.html

Warpaint - Warpaint
    Bombay Bicycle Club - So Long, See You Tomorrow
    Katy B - Little Red

these...

planning to spend only £40 for music in january
  • AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Temples - Sun Structures

Out on February 10th, bought the pre-order, along with a ticket to the Shepherd's Bush Empire show on March 8th. Saw them in Brighton in October and they were amazing, so have high hopes for the album and seeing them in a different venue.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie E-B - Wanderlust
    Katy B - Little Red
    Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett - Cheek to cheek (confirmed for 1st jan but yet we have seen no tracklisting, no album cover and it isn't even available to pre order)
  • thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New album by Presidents of the USA
  • Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sophie E-B - Wanderlust
    Katy B - Little Red
    Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett - Cheek to cheek (confirmed for 1st jan but yet we have seen no tracklisting, no album cover and it isn't even available to pre order)

The GaGa/Bennett album has been put back to later in the year
  • constantino_chrconstantino_chr Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So far I'm looking forward to:

Little Red - Katy B
    Wanderlust - Sophie Ellis-Bextor

I predict an all killer/no filler record here!!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To get ahead of the race, set the standard, little competition?

Plus, considering most of these artists are more 'indie', first week sales are irrelevant to smaller labels, it's about being a slow burner and getting critical acclaim.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Wanderlust

Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter

And the UK edition of Sky Ferreira - Night Time, My Time
    Forum Member
    kryskrys wrote: »
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Wanderlust

Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter

And the UK edition of Sky Ferreira - Night Time, My Time

Is that finally going to be released next year?
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member

yes in febuary.
    Forum Member
    Sex wrote: »
    yes in febuary.

Better late than never I guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope so. It's possibly an exclusive to Shop Direct, who own Very, Isme, Littlewoods, Woolworths and K&Co. They're all offering it for pre-release with a February 4th release date. Apparently Very are also running ads for it, so it sounds legit. Standard version only though, no sign of the deluxe.

Pre-release details are here: http://www.very.co.uk/amelia-lily-be-a-fighter-cd/1266625803.prd?_requestid=337964
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nina Nesbitt - Peroxide
    We Are The In Crowd - Weird Kids
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

sales are lower so it's easier to get a higher chart placement which in turn gives free publicity
    Forum Member
    I predict an all killer/no filler record here!!:D

Yeah I'd say it's gonna be a good album. Her debut and the Danger EP were flawless so I'm really excited for it :D
    I hope so. It's possibly an exclusive to Shop Direct, who own Very, Isme, Littlewoods, Woolworths and K&Co. They're all offering it for pre-release with a February 4th release date. Apparently Very are also running ads for it, so it sounds legit. Standard version only though, no sign of the deluxe.

Pre-release details are here: http://www.very.co.uk/amelia-lily-be-a-fighter-cd/1266625803.prd?_requestid=337964

So does that mean it won't be on iTunes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was really hoping the'd take this opertunity to change that dreadful artwork:eek:
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Amelia will flop hard. Her X Factor fans are probably long gone. I think she will regret leaving it so late.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WafcSean wrote: »
    Adele didn't do too badly with 21. :p

Her debut '19' was also released in January! That didn't do too badly either...;-)
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Say Lou Lou even though I don't even know what it will be called, but if it's even half as good as their singles then it will be a musical masterpiece!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

think of all the music vouchers people get as presents over Xmas..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So does that mean it won't be on iTunes?

I guess not. It would probably be like Nadine's Tesco deal. But Amelia hasn't confirmed anything about the release yet, so hopefully we'll find out soon.