2014 Celebs. Who do we think?

Comments

• Jorf68Jorf68 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Andrew_M wrote: »
    Same! He is an obscure enough name to turn out to be true. Similar (if memory serves) to Patrick Robinson off Casualty last year :-)

He is on the cover of this months gt magazine . Maybe just a good agent adding to a strictly rumour to increase his public profile.
    As an aside he is on'out' actor so perhaps strictly are looking to have a bit of controversy by suggesting a same sex pairing. Unlikely but good for the publicity wheel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    It's still looking to be early September as with previous years, so still a little while to wait yet.

(is David being rumoured anywhere other than this Twitter account or not?)

awwww :(
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I'll put in a random shout for Jo Pavey as a sporty figure - she's a 40-year old mother of two, and she's just won a bronze in the 5k at the Commonwealth Games. She'd probably rather wait until she's retired if she did it, but there's plenty of room for comments about how inspirational she is and that from the judges.
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Leon Taylor? Retired diver just made a Strictly reference as a commentator during the diving finals. Also Jo Pavey is a good shout.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    Leon Taylor? Retired diver just made a Strictly reference as a commentator during the diving finals. Also Jo Pavey is a good shout.

Well, there's no more Splash to fill up his schedules... (thankfully!)
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    In terms of sporty bods, I think we may well get a footballer this year. We know Craig Bellamy turned them down and if last year taught us anything, it's they cast in types (Dave for Paul Hollywood, Fiona for Teri Hatcher, Ben for Thom Evans etc), so perhaps they'll keep going until they get a footballer who says yes?
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member
    Nicola Adams !!

Frank Lampard might be available as a footballer - his new team don't start playing until March 2015 so he is "training" with Man City.
    Forum Member
    Retired or retiring athletes seem like a good shout..anyone would be crazy to risk injuring themselves so soon to Rio..like Jade Johnson did.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Nicola Adams !!

Frank Lampard might be available as a footballer - his new team don't start playing until March 2015 so he is "training" with Man City.

Lampard's other half, Christine Bleakley, could give him some dancing tips.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jorf68 wrote: »
    He is on the cover of this months gt magazine . Maybe just a good agent adding to a strictly rumour to increase his public profile.
    As an aside he is on'out' actor so perhaps strictly are looking to have a bit of controversy by suggesting a same sex pairing. Unlikely but good for the publicity wheel.

bib: yes. And very nice it is, too.;-)

Hope he'll sign up for Strictly.
    Forum Member
    I hope we get another rumour in tomorrow's papers. They seem to like a Sunday splash so maybe.

Still can't work out whether or not the David Ames rumour is genuine or a bit of wishful thinking from that gossip site. Either way he's not particularly tall so might be a good partner for Janette (and a much welcome change pace from Oh My Godet Julien)
  • allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about Supernannys Jo Frost? She seems like a likeable character
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope we get another rumour in tomorrow's papers. They seem to like a Sunday splash so maybe.

Still can't work out whether or not the David Ames rumour is genuine or a bit of wishful thinking from that gossip site. Either way he's not particularly tall so might be a good partner for Janette (and a much welcome change pace from Oh My Godet Julien)

I can imagine Janette getting a contender- she was the only newbie in terms of pros not to get a good run- given Aljaz and Kevin made it to the final and Anya the Semi Finals. Therefore, if David Ames gets confirmed I think he'd be an excellent shout for the partner for her (although Ola and Kristina might be in with a shout as well... and there may be someone a bit more well known for Janette)
    Forum Member
    If the producers are feeling vengeful they may well sink Ola with a dud (which, really, she can't complain about given that Paul was her only ever nailed on duffer)

EDIT-

Also, I'd quite like it if we saw Alexander Armstrong this year. That dreadful singing show he did has been sufficiently forgotten and the BBC clearly aren't adversed to hiring ITV reality stars (if the Mark/ Alison rumours are true). He'd be quite a high profile name and appears to be a huge fan of the show if his annual ITT appearances are anything to go by.
  • LamballeLamballe Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Damahepa wrote: »
    I can imagine Janette getting a contender- she was the only newbie in terms of pros not to get a good run- given Aljaz and Kevin made it to the final and Anya the Semi Finals. Therefore, if David Ames gets confirmed I think he'd be an excellent shout for the partner for her (although Ola and Kristina might be in with a shout as well... and there may be someone a bit more well known for Janette)

I can't see Kristina getting another young celeb. She's due an oldie this year, in my opinion. By rights she should have had Tony Jacklin last season, and would have had it not been for Natalie Lowe's broken foot.

Now I've said that, she'll probably get paired with the youngest of the lot!
    Forum Member
    Lamballe wrote: »
    I can't see Kristina getting another young celeb. She's due an oldie this year, in my opinion. By rights she should have had Tony Jacklin last season, and would have had it not been for Natalie Lowe's broken foot.

Now I've said that, she'll probably get paired with the youngest of the lot!

They've got a bit of a habit of giving Kristina the tallest man in the series (well, for the past two at least with Ben and Colin) so I fully expect her to go to Alan Hansen (if he signs up)
    Forum Member
    Thought I'd add some more names to the official rumour line-up (in the hope of getting some more!)

Women

Helen Skelton- Did Special and impressed bosses. The Sun
    Frankie Sandford- Signed up for last series but then got pregnant, and accepted a place in the 2014 edition instead. OK Magazine
    Michelle Collins- "Put herself forward" for the show. Metro
    Judy Murray- "In talks" but has apparently since denied it. Wants to dance with Artem (who's going to tell her?) Daily Mail
    Caroline Flack- Wanted to get one up on SiCow. Daily Mirror
    Kate Adie- Name has literally just appeared on a celebrity betting website that suggests her name might have been leaked. bettingpro.com
    Helen Flanagan- Is on the BBC's wishlist (and has turned down the series of Celebrity Big Brother that would overlap with training). The Sun
    Carol Cleveland- Signed up to show that "older generation" can dance. The Sun.
    Alison Hammond- Doing it for the Big Girls. The Sun.

Men

Gregg Wallace- Has signed up and is having tattoo removal procedures in preparation. Daily Mirror
    Thom Evans- Signed up as eye-candy on the male side. The Sun
    Dave Berry- Following in the footsteps of Lisa Snowdon. Daily Mirror
    Alan Hansen- Offered a big money deal after quitting MOTD. Daily Mirror
    Ross Kemp- The top of the bosses wishlist. Said himself he'll do it when he has time. Daily Mirror
    Joe McElderry- Rumoured every. single. year. Digitalspy.co.uk
    Mark Wright- Again, a perennial rumour, but now corroborated with the report he has signed up in lieu of Michelle. The Sun.
    James "Arg" Argent- Apparently producers desperately want him to sign up. The Daily Star.
    Grayson Perry- Put himself forward as a contender (but will only be dancing as a man) Daily Express
    David Ames- Named as signed up by Celebbritain.com

Thanks but no thanks

Craig Bellamy- Doesn't want to risk his credibility.
    Fatboy Slim- "Too freestyle".
    Michelle Keegan- Wants to focus on acting.
    Mary Berry- No co-ordination.
    Paul Hollywood- Will do it "eventually" but not this year.
    Maureen Lipman- Doesn't want to be judged.
    Gregg James- Wants to focus on radio career (but was originally signed up).
    Kirstie Allsop- Wanted to sign up but was denied the chance by her C4 bosses.
  • pon farrpon farr Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't mind seeing any of the following,

Helen Flanagan
    Rhian Sugden
    Louisa Zissman
    Charlotte Crosby
    Klariza Clayton
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Saturdays are on tour through most of September. Will Frankie be able to do that and SCD?
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Unlikely I would have thought, especially considering his partner is Christine Bleakley - the BBC would never want to mention her, never mind have her as a guest in the audience when you consider the manner in which she left the BBC for ITV back in 2010.
  • white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pon farr wrote: »

Helen Flanagan
    Rhian Sugden
    Louisa Zissman
    Charlotte Crosby
    Klariza Clayton

Charlotte Crosby would probably wet herself on the dancefloor! Elf &Safety issues....;-):D:D
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pon farr wrote: »

Helen Flanagan
    Rhian Sugden
    Louisa Zissman
    Charlotte Crosby
    Klariza Clayton

No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    Maybe.

For the first 4 at least, it's like the list from hell! A load of empty headed wastes of space whose fame exceeds their talent!
  • Funky MangoFunky Mango Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I'd quite like it if we saw Alexander Armstrong this year. That dreadful singing show he did has been sufficiently forgotten and the BBC clearly aren't adversed to hiring ITV reality stars (if the Mark/ Alison rumours are true). He'd be quite a high profile name and appears to be a huge fan of the show if his annual ITT appearances are anything to go by.

Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see the lovely Xander on Strictly. He may love the show, but he hates doing any dancing himself :o:(
    Forum Member
    Francesca Jones, perhaps?
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about Supernannys Jo Frost? She seems like a likeable character

That would be fabulous *faints*

:D:D:D