What would people like to see for the Dr Who 50th?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
Forum Member
What I think would be nice for the 50th if they could get an actress who looks like Susan ;)

What I am thinking is it would be nice if the 11 Doctor and Susan bump into each other :) but course Susan not knowing that the 11 Doctor was her Grandfather when she meets him and Matt Smith the11 Doctor could be tearful when he meets her (These are tears of sadness because how he truly miss her and what she represents) and maybe Susan think she recognize the11 Doctor [that is he looks familiar to her :)] but her still not knowing who he was

This is what I think should happen on the Dr Who 50th :) but saying all that I have myself come cross on this forum something that may relate to the First Dr Who Story ;) (Not what I have put down) but I think I need to be careful what I may say next. So all I am going to say is “SPOILERS” :p

So what would you like to see for the Dr Who 50th? :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    It's a nice Idea. I would love him to meet up with her at some point at least.

The Actress who played the original Susan is still alive (Carole Ann Ford). And even though she looks older, she could have just aged on Earth in the future (where he left her). So I would much prefer it was played by her!
  • Brian2005Brian2005 Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Tom Baker back as the Dr as well as Peter Davison and a few other classic Dr's, no Dave T as its to obvious
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Dalek-Cybermen battle, but much more blanced.

And Matt Smith dressing like each previous Doctor. Bonus points if he acts like them.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Mrfipp wrote: »
    A Dalek-Cybermen battle, but much more blanced.

And Matt Smith dressing like each previous Doctor. Bonus points if he acts like them.

I saw a photo of Matt wearing a leather jacket the other day and it made me think of how great it would be to see him wearing Nine's jacket, with elements from the other Doctors costumes. I'm thinking Ten's trainers, Nine's jacket, Seven's umbrella, Six's trousers, Five's leek, Four's scarf, and One's pocket watch (I'm not sure what I would include from Two, Three and Eight's costumes).

I don't care how silly or mismatched it would look, it would just be a bit of fun, and only for one scene at that, while also providing a little nod to the past. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    It's a nice Idea. I would love him to meet up with her at some point at least.

The Actress who played the original Susan is still alive (Carole Ann Ford). And even though she looks older, she could have just aged on Earth in the future (where he left her). So I would much prefer it was played by her!

I think I can help with your idea :) but cording many/some Dr Who forum members on here that she die in the Time War. Now I can understand that you may want to question that but this is what people believe what happen to Susan but I guess you are not one of them ;)

Anyway to help with your idea and I only just thought of this :) Susan could Fob Watch herself like the Master did ;) at some point of the future the 11 Doctor or the 12 Doctor could bump into her and we can have a follow on story from there :) but it probably base on the same story/idea that I have just said before ;)

What do you think? :)

I guess people would ask on here where would she get the technology to do such of thing? And would she have the knowhow to do such of thing?

Let’s all remember people here that she is a Time Lord and Time Lords are pretty smart people much more smart and us humans :p so I’m pretty sure that she would have the knowhow to do such of thing. But would she do it is a totally different question and the answer is probably not :/ but who knows

I just like to say here by my suggesting of the Susan look alike idea I wasn’t trying to disrespect the original actress who play Susan [not like I believe that’s what you thought I was doing ;)]

I only thought of this idea as we know the Doctor/Clara are trapped inside the Time Stream and we know the Doctor/Clara would be probably going through the Doctor’s time life but how far Steven Moffat will take it, who knows ;)
    Forum Member
    Wow! [wondering :)] This is a very quiet thread I personally can’t imagine what some Dr Who forum members are doing on this Bank Holiday [excluding them members who live outside the UK unless you share our bank holiday ;)] did we have any hot weather outside “NO” so I wonder where all the Dr Who forum members are at

I was just little bit :eek: shock/surprise I just thought there would be more posters and there is now. As this would be class as a safe thread. Where there would be no arguments and we all can get along :D but I guess that’s very unlikely in Dr Who forum :rolleyes: and maybe they just find this thread to safe for them :rolleyes: and maybe they enjoy getting into arguments :p (Laughs)

I’m little bit disappointed :(

I would like to personally thank the 4 posters who posted so far :)
    Forum Member
    Even though I know it's not going to happen, I would have loved to see a return from Eccleston as well as Tennant. Together with Smith they could have done a modern version of The Three Doctors. It would have been especially great if they'd got Nine to say to his successors "so you're my replacements..." followed by a slight dig at Ten and Eleven, ala Hartnell. :D

I would have been more than happy for McGann to join them too. Perhaps it could have been his Doctor who was in trouble, meaning his future selves had to team together to save their own existence.
    And if rumours are to be believed, I might just get my wish there, sort of.

Any reappearance from an actor to have played The Doctor would be good though. They wouldn't even have to be playing their version of the character, they could just have a small cameo somewhere.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    timeboy33 wrote: »
    Wow! [wondering :)] This is a very quiet thread I personally can’t imagine what some Dr Who forum members are doing on this Bank Holiday [excluding them members who live outside the UK unless you share our bank holiday ;)] did we have any hot weather outside “NO” so I wonder where all the Dr Who forum members are at

I was just little bit :eek: shock/surprise I just thought there would be more posters and there is now. As this would be class as a safe thread. Where there would be no arguments and we all can get along. but I guess that’s very unlikely in Dr Who forum :rolleyes: and maybe they just find this thread to safe for them :rolleyes: and maybe they enjoy getting into arguments :p (Laughs)

I’m little bit disappointed :(

I would like to personally thank the 4 posters who posted so far :)

Funnily enough, some people might have been meeting Susan in the real world today :p Quite the weekend for Doctor Who fans I would say :D
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angie & Artie and Chloe Webber saving the day :)
  • JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr. I.M. Foreman, scrap merchant of Totters Lane
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moffat getting exterminated
    Forum Member
    Moffat getting exterminated

Surely The Doctor caving his head in with a rock?

I jest Steven. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    What I'd really love for the 50th, is for the episode to tie together lots of little things, and then for me to smack my forehead and say...

"Oh, so THAT's why Amy Pond was waving to herself in The Hungry Earth"

or

"Oh, so THAT's why the TARDIS was exploding"

or

"Oh, so THAT's why the doctor changed into a tux in Let's Kill Hitler"

And maybe for the episode to refer to something in series 1-4, something fairly throwaway, and weave that into the story too. I really think that would be cool and clever.

I don't know anything about the plot for the 50th, so I'm not going to spoiler this because it's just my random thoughts, but I thought it would be really interesting if Clara and The Doctor were stuck in his timeline, and that's how all these little things could get woven in. Eleven would come across Ten and Rose trying to escape from his own timeline. They all then face a massive threat and the only way for them to be saved would be for Ten to regenerate into Eleven early (i.e. before the events in The End Of Time) - so everything that happened between then and the regeneration would be re-written.

Not forgetting some sort of reference back to Classic Who, but as I've not watched any of them (sorry folks!) I'm not sure what that might be.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what would you like to see for the Dr Who 50th? :D

A nice musical composition especially for the Doctors.:D
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    Funnily enough, some people might have been meeting Susan in the real world today :p Quite the weekend for Doctor Who fans I would say :D
    Well that’s just some people what about the rest :confused: and I personally don’t understand what the weekend got to do with a Monday :rolleyes: as this was posted at ;)

I think I should be a bit more thankful that there are a bit more posters who have posted so far :)
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that’s just some people what about the rest :confused: and I personally don’t understand what the weekend got to do with a Monday :rolleyes: as this was posted at ;)

I think I should be a bit more thankful that there are a bit more posters who have posted so far :)

Bank Holiday Weekend. Carole Ann Ford was meeting fans on Monday.

Not in Tesco, thankfully.
    Forum Member

So are you telling me that every Dr Who forum members on this board the 98% of them all went to see/get Carole Ann Ford Autograph is this what you are telling me or are you just talking about yourself personally ;) because if this Dr who forum board was so make up of Carole Ann Ford fans. So why didn’t Cloisterbell who I guess is a Carole Ann Ford fan why didn’t she/he go then. Who is probably jealous of you right now :D

I personally can’t believe that every Dr Who forum members who live inside the UK (knowing that I can’t speak for them Dr Who forum members who live outside the UK) all went and see Carole Ann Ford. There must be a lot of Carole Ann Ford fans on this forum than :rolleyes:

Well anyway sense there have been more posters who have posted today :D so I am personally not bothered why there wasn’t any or little yesterday

Can I ask you a question and please don’t see this as me having a go at you but do you know the difference between a week day and a weekend day

Saturday/Sunday are class as weekend days, Monday to Friday are class as week days. So a Bank Holiday Monday wouldn’t be class as a weekend day I just thought I should point that out to you ;) and plus do you not like Tesco then ;) we can’t seem to get enough of them in South Wales. We love our Tesco in South Wales :D (Laughs) I'm joking course
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    in australia whenever it is a holiday on the friday or monday it is called a Long Weekend, all three (or more for Christams and Easter) are Weekend Days..

Week days are work days. not holidays ,

Well thats what it is in australia anyway.
    Forum Member

I feel I need to own you an apology CD93 :( Looking up information about whether or not people in The UK class a Bank Holiday as a weekend day and it look like they do. So I was wrong and I sincerely apologize to you CD93 :(

I hope you enjoy your meeting with Carole Ann Ford wherever that was ;)

Only reason why I put it the way I did is because when most people refer to or talking about the weekend they are mostly referring to Sat/Sun. Well we do in South Wales I can’t speak for the rest of the UK ;) that because most people (I’m still talking about the UK here) and I will include myself in this :) that the week starts on a Monday and end on the Sunday but for other people the week starts on a Sunday and end on a Sunday. Knowing that may sound very confusing to some people on here and sadly can’t clear up the confusing for you if I try to explain why day start on a Sunday and end on a Sunday believe I would confuse you even more but it’s all down to do with God :rolleyes: (I’m talking about the Christian one here) he was one who was responsible where start day would be for most of the Christians and when it will end. It’s all down to do with the 7 days thing if you know first story of the bible (when all creations happen) and I sure you do all the information is in there but it probably won’t make it less confusing for you ;) (Laughs) and unfortunately I can’t help to give a better explanation and what i have given right now but sense that God have no place in this Dr Who Forum/Thread I think would be best that we all move on right now ;)

Now speaking as an evolutionist there are no real starts day really because as human beings we have no knowledge when we start our first day as human beings on earth. So the Gregorian calendar that we all use now is all wrong :p (Laughs)

I would ask them posters to keep on topic there are no reasons to go off topic. Please keep posting what you would like to see for the Dr Who 50th [thank you :)] and for them posters who do go off topic they will be ignore by me
    Forum Member
    Id like to see on the 50th..

1. Flashbcks to all the old series. Dont want to see the old fat actors playing the doctor LOL jsut a video clip or two.
    2. Links to the non TV episodes. Audio and Books. thereby canonising them
    3. A new companion. Time to go Clara !

And off topic !!!
    I hope you enjoy your start on a Sunday and end on a Sunday believe I would confuse you even more but it’s all down to do with God :rolleyes: (I’m talking about the Christian one here) he was one who was responsible where start day would be for most of the Christians and when it will end. It’s all down to do with the 7 days thing if you know first story of the bible (when all creations happen)

Actually Sunday was the first day and Saturday the seventh, a day of rest called the Sabbath.. but mixing hte church with the pagans caused a change to sunday worship instead..

but the original is why most calenders have sunday as first day and Saturday as last day... Week end.

and originally people only had one day off which was the saturday, but again mdoern society then added sunday as the holy day so both days became the End of Week or Weekend
    Forum Member
    Id like to see on the 50th..

1. Flashbcks to all the old series. Dont want to see the old fat actors playing the doctor LOL jsut a video clip or two.
    2. Links to the non TV episodes. Audio and Books. thereby canonising them
    3. A new companion. Time to go Clara !

And off topic !!!

Actually Sunday was the first day and Saturday the seventh, a day of rest called the Sabbath.. but mixing hte church with the pagans caused a change to sunday worship instead..

but the original is why most calenders have sunday as first day and Saturday as last day... Week end.

and originally people only had one day off which was the saturday, but again mdoern society then added sunday as the holy day so both days became the End of Week or Weekend
    I’m not sure why you felt the need to quote my “I hope you enjoy your” part of my post :confused: As that was in a different part of my God, first day, last day, the Christians quote post but never mind :rolleyes: (Laughs)

Anyway thank you for clearing up that matter for me :) and maybe some others ;) I was taught in school that Sunday was the day of rest but clearly what I have been taught is wrong and probably what I have been taught about the Bible is also wrong. Everything in the Bible everything that we have been taught/believe is all wrong. It’s evolution all the way for me now ;) least I can’t get that one wrong ;):p (Laughs) but anyway I was wrong about Bank Holiday weekend the Monday thing and I have apologize to CD93 for that :) so I think we all can move on now and get this thread back on topic ;)
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    II was taught in school that Sunday was the day of rest but clearly what I have been taught is wrong and probably what I have been taught about the Bible is also wrong. Everything in the Bible everything that we have been taught/believe is all wrong. It’s evolution all the way for me now ;)
    :confused: How is evolution an alternative to the Bible?
    Forum Member
    :confused: How is evolution an alternative to the Bible?
    I personally didn’t relies there was any Dr who religionist forum members on this forum I apologize if you thought I was trying to disrespect your religion I totally respect your religion/belief :) Now can you do the same for me, can you give me that bit of Christian love/passion my way. Can you do that for me :D

And let’s not turn this thread into the Bible vs. Evolution thread OK people ;) and can we give back to talking about what would Dr Who forum members religionist or not would like for the Dr Who 50th [thank You :)]
    Forum Member
    for the 50th ....

The Revelation that Doctor Who is God and rested on Saturday !!!

Sorry jsut kidding !!!
    Forum Member
    for the 50th ....

The Revelation that Doctor Who is God and rested on Saturday !!!

Sorry jsut kidding !!!
    “Laughs”

Digital Spy Forum really needs a laughing emoticon and maybe some others to ;) as they really haven’t got a lot :rolleyes: