Marvel Civil War
Batman: Knightfall
Superman: Kal
Secret Origins

Comments

• Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read graphic novels rather than comics, but wouldn't mind some recommendations sometime. At the mo I'm Reading below, some of them I'm waiting for the next volume, others I've got some to read.

The Boys
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Season 8
    Fables
    Jack Of Fables
    Bone: got to finish this, I've got the complete one volume edition.
    Scott Pilgrim, roll on volume 6.

I've read all Preacher, Y: The Last Man, Watchmen, the Kevin Smith collection, but I am still pretty new to all this.
  • hankmoodyhankmoody Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep having a friend recommending the boys to me, as well as gravel. How are you finding season 8? I have preacher on my list as well, but I'm probably going to read as much of the vertigo catalogue as I can
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hankmoody wrote: »
    How are you finding season 8?

I'm really enjoying it, it funny as hell with a brilliant storyline. If you're a big fan of the series and like to read comics it's right up your street. I think it's based around a year or so after season 7.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm loving season 8 too.

I dropped the Angel continuation. It was so badly done.

I read
    JSA
    Buffy
    Flash (the new Barry Allen one)
    Legion of Three Worlds (I am still George Perez's bitch)

And I get the Walking Dead and Invincible when the TPB come out. I was also buying Y: The Last Man this way.

I went away from comics for about ten years and can't get back into DC continuity fully. I now stick mainly to special titles, like the recent Sandman mini series.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm collecting the Angel season 6 hardbacks. I havet actually read any of them yet. I'm waiting for all of them to get released so I can read them without having to wait for the next one to come out.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not reading any monthly titles at the moment.

I'm planning on working my way through my Batman collection, plus I've got Watchmen sitting next to my desk, waiting to be read.

Keep meaning to give The Walking Dead a go.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    2000AD and Judge Dredd The Megazine

I started reading 2000AD back in 1984 and including back issues I bought from various comic stores I now have in the region of 1500 issues
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I have not read comics for years. I used to enjoy The Eagle, Buster,whizzer and chips and the beezer.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Currently re-reading Alan Moore's ingenious version of Swamp Thing.
    The only thing which lets it down is the variable quality of the artwork, something which plagues many long story arcs (Neil Gaiman's Sandman also suffers from it).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Im really excited about the new Marvel Projects series happening at the moment and im loving Captain America
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 8
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deadpool & Kick-Ass, although Kick-Ass is so irregular I might tradewait.

If Young Avengers came back, I'd read that. I'm also considering Ultimate Comics Spider-Man.
  • FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just read through Red Son last week, and I'm going through The Death of Superman at the moment. I'll be doing Public Enemies soon, before the film is out!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I am now getting back into comics via Marvel Essential collection. Xmen, X Factor and Avengers currently!
  • hankmoodyhankmoody Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gary010 wrote: »
    I am now getting back into comics via Marvel Essential collection. Xmen, X Factor and Avengers currently!

which storylines are you reading in particular?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    Currently dipping in and out of Caricature by Daniel Clowes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going through JLA Tower of Babel at the moment, and I've also got Mouse Guard arriving tomorrow. Really enjoying the JLA book, and Mouse Guard looks like a great change from the usual superhero graphic novels.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm about halfway through Ex Machina, and then I'm going to be starting on Doom Patrol from the very beginning :)
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    OT: Biffo the Bear, eh? I guess The Beano is on your reading list too! LOL :)
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why I oughtta! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I'm currently reading the following graphic novels:

Superman Past and Future
    Superman Tales in the Phantom Zone
    DC Showcase presents Flash vol 3
    DC Showcase presents Batman vol 4

All of which are very good.

I don't tend to get the individual comics as a rule- except specials like the annual Hallowe'en and Christmas specials DC puts out.
  • Cult of Z-ListCult of Z-List Posts: 5,113
    Forum Member
    I currently subsciibe to all the Panini collectors editions as well as Batman/Superman legends. We have just come out of thje Civil War period in the Marvels and in Final Crisis in the DC's

I'm also reading Coutdown to Final Crisis Graphic Novel (on Vol 4)(better than reviewed in my opinion) and I have just recently discovered Transmetropolitan, which is at the same time hilarious and thought provoking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    The Walking Dead and Beasts of Burden are my two tips for the top!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    webstl wrote: »
    The Walking Dead and Beasts of Burden are my two tips for the top!

My mate is passing me the first couple of volumes of Walking Dead next week, he can't praise it enough!

I just finished reading JLA Tower of Babel today, really enjoyed it. Mouse Guard will be started tonight!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    The Walking Dead is a beautiful book - gets abit grim though around volume 9-11...

Currently I'm reading:

Transformers
    Fall of Cthulhu
    Executive Assistant Iris
    Swordsmith Assassin
    Kick-Ass
    The Boys
    Spin Angels
    Red Herring
    Doktor Sleepless
    Anna Mercury
    Invincible
    The Walking Dead
    Death Valley

Groom Lake was great as well recently. I've found though that I've moved away from the Marvel and DC mainstream stuff as I've gotten older...