sadest animal death in film?

Comments

• ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark A wrote: »
    The shark in Jaws. I wanted him to eat everyone.

Regards

Mark

That shark was such a complex character. He clearly had an eating disorder. All that bingeing on sea-farers. :p

I vote for the dog in I Am Legend, Marley in Marley and Me, and Skip in My Dog Skip.

I'm a dog fan. :cry:

Something about
    the Alien being killed in Alien Resurrection, just as it is about to get sucked out the hole in the ship. The fear in its eyes.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Something about
    the Alien being killed in Alien Resurrection, just as it is about to get sucked out the hole in the ship. The fear in its eyes.
    You know - I have to agree! I felt so sorry for it too.
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where The Red Fern Grows
    The Champ

AVOID!!!
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know - I have to agree! I felt so sorry for it too.
    I read an article on this site earlier where Joss Whedon mentioned that it was a low point of his. I thought that scene was very effective! It humanised a beast and lef you thinking "It was just behaving naturally"
    Forum Member
    I read an article on this site earlier where Joss Whedon mentioned that it was a low point of his. I thought that scene was very effective! It humanised a beast and lef you thinking "It was just behaving naturally"

It was the look in its eyes (or beneath the hollows of its eyes) and also the look on
    Ripley's face
    at the pain she'd caused her child (out of necessity of course).
  • leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mijj in Ring of Bright Water...still can't watch the end!
    Forum Member
    You know the saddest part of any film involving an animal didn't actually involve the animal's death. It was in Born Free - when George and Joy go back after leaving Elsa to fend for herself (trying to return her to the wild) only to find her all emaciated and pathetic and just so glad to see them. I cried buckets!!!!
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danielleh wrote: »
    Mufasa.

That's mine too :cry:
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The octopus in Oldboy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when hooch died closely followed by Mufasa.:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Wallace the monkey in The Fall.

As a child, I remember hating the scene in Daybreak when they have to leave the dog behind. :(
  • Chairman___MeowChairman___Meow Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    I cried when that horse was punched.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That dog who got put down on Animal Hospital. Rolf was in tears, bless him.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,268
    Forum Member
    Skyfall wrote: »
    Dead Clam 1989
    You cried at the death of a bivalve mollusc?

:D:D:D Laughing way, way too much at this.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Elsa wasn't dead in Born Free, but it's up there with its sad undertones throughout.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOhpFnu_WPs

Mufasa in The Lion King... few cartoons can make you care so much. It worked because he was shown as a powerful and mighty King, but his final words and position were weak and pathetic...it hits you differently as an adult and as a child.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IZVfwrDR9k

Bambi's mother, 'nuff said.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTZPMJj-X9M

Not deaths but in the first of the two Homeward Bound films, the scene with Sassy the Cat in the river was quite traumatising...so authentically done. The film packs a double punch though, when Shadow the dog falls through the wooden floor by the railway tracks near the end.

River scene:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7xLKqgFRig

I can't seem to find the railway track scene. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    Pepper the dog in the first Jaws movie, I didn't care for any of the humans dying especially Robert Shaw but Pepper the dog?? Sniff
  • miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    Julie68 wrote: »
    I cry at any animal being killed or hurt in a film. I can watch people being hurt and killed and it rarely moves me but when it's an animal I cry for hours, even at the rabbits in Watership Down, and that's a bloomin' cartoon.

Yes me too.

Kes
    The bunny in Fatal Attraction
    And another bunny in a nasty old film called The Effect of Gamma Rays on man in the Moon Marigolds

and just All animal deaths in films or real life :cry: but the above 3 spring to mind because the animals are kid's pets so it's like, double the hurt :(
  • StaceySkyStaceySky Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mufasa. When I was 3 I cried so much. I still cry now and I'm 21.

The dog in 'I am Legend'

Most animal deaths make me cry.
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,773
    Forum Member
    Hachi in Hachi: A Dog's Tale.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Old Yeller...............:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ria Vega wrote: »
    Pepper the dog in the first Jaws movie, I didn't care for any of the humans dying especially Robert Shaw but Pepper the dog?? Sniff

I think you'll find it was Pippet :cry:
  • g4jcg4jc Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really going back now ! A Kid for Two Farthings.

Was just a tot (about 3/4 yo) when my Mum took me to see this. Still have an image of David Kosoff carrying the baby goat.

I howled and howled and wanted to know where the 'unicorn' had gone.

Our elderly dog had died a few weeks before and an aunt had told me he'd gone to the doggy's heaven :eek:

So I had worked out that apart from the people's heaven, if there was a dog heaven there must be a cat heaven and so forth. I was pretty sure there was not a seperate heaven for 'unicorns' and was really worried about where this poor creature would go.

OT I know but I also had an aunt who told me to catch a bird in the garden to replace the budgie who had 'flown away' :eek: Lots of lurking, scuttling and tears followed that one.

What a family! :rolleyes: Well that's my therapy for the week, thanks! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    One-thousand percent Marley off of Marley and Me.

Had me in a blubbering mess on a flight once and decided I'd never watch the film again.

Other than that - Lion King.
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The kitten in Midnight Express.

The mouse in The Green Mile,
  • beast1982beast1982 Posts: 5,350
    Forum Member
    Little Foots mother in The Land Before Time :cry:

I came on this thread to say exactly the same thing. It is so sad when he sees his mum but then realises it is his own shadow. So sad