The 'we dont like cats' thread

124»

Comments

• The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    add mine also
    im alergic to them and have to go to hospital if i come into contact with them .my eyes go all puffy you would think i was in the ring with ricky hatton .
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PingMyPong wrote: »
    Or alternatively you can just stop over analysing why some people dont like cats. Some people dont like cats becausr they just dont like cats. Their preference should require no explantion beyond it. This is an indisputable fact.

I was summarising the sentiments of posts from this very forum. That is also an 'indisputable fact'.

I personally couldn't give a toss what others think -- but when they start advocating animal cruelty that crosses the line, and puts the person outside the boundaries of civilised society.

As far as I am concerned, those who are cruel to animals, or who advocate such behaviour, deserve all they get if pet owners retaliate.

But this seems to be a common thread with you doesn't it? You state your position, come up with some spiel about 'indisputable facts' and attempt to blindside any dissent. Not a particularly pleasant trait it must be said.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jase1 wrote: »
    I was summarising the sentiments of posts from this very forum. That is also an 'indisputable fact'.

I personally couldn't give a toss what others think -- but when they start advocating animal cruelty that crosses the line, and puts the person outside the boundaries of civilised society.

As far as I am concerned, those who are cruel to animals, or who advocate such behaviour, deserve all they get if pet owners retaliate.
    But this seems to be a common thread with you doesn't it? You state your position, come up with some spiel about 'indisputable facts' and attempt to blindside any dissent. Not a particularly pleasant trait it must be said.

Point 1: I concur 100%

Point 2: Its never the best of actions to try and over analyse observations as they tend to, more often than not, be wrong :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Ruddy kittens next door - two of them - decided to use our garage roof as a cat litter. Where do I sign? :mad:
  • georgeshairgeorgeshair Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband and I renewed the patio outside the back of our house by covering it with a lining material then putting decorative stones on it. What we didn't realise was the local cats would regard it as a huge litter tray!
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PingMyPong wrote: »
    Or alternatively you can just stop over analysing why some people dont like cats. Some people dont like cats becausr they just dont like cats. Their preference should require no explantion beyond it. This is an indisputable fact.

But why start a thread about it in the 'new' pet section... Its all a bit negative IMO and you are bound to get some people defending cats...

Just the same as If I started any type of "we don't like such and such" thread. You'll never get 100% agreement!

Just because you do not like them doesn't mean everyone else feels the same :o
  • Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont dislike Cats, i HATE them with a passion.

horrible little things.

Give me a dog anyday

Mans best friend, security and peace of mind

If a cat was a guard cat it would not work, just kick it out of the way and it would run :D

Kick a viciouse dog and you dont have a foot anymore.

Joking aside I have no problem with anubody who likes cats or has cats, my personal feeling is that they are horrible.

Oh and I would never hurt an animal unless it attacked me.
  • oxford4eyesoxford4eyes Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really really hate cat's next door got four and they keeps shitting in my garden.
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Reasons I dont like cats:
    Fleas
    Smell
    rake in buckets
    Feral tendencies

(oh boy)

Well my cat doesn't have fleas - or if she does I can't see 'em. She doesn't scratch herself all the time.

She does not smell - she grooms herself and her fur is sweet-smelling. Honest to God truth. She doesn't go outside which helps. Outdoor cats roll on the pavement, grass and can pick up bad smells.

Rake in buckets - not sure what you mean.

Feral tendencies? My cat is 100 percent domesticated. She's like a small child. About as feral as a feather!

Most anti-cat people have never had a cat as a pet so assume things - things that are based on ignorance. There's nothing wrong not wanting a cat as a pet but it's a little ignorant to assume most cats are feral, smell, flea-ridden etc. Cats are incredibly clean, they groom themselves, lick themselves clean and poop in cat litter trays and cover up the poop! Dog don't do that. Oh and how many times do you hear of a child or person being mauled to death by a cat? Dogs do that, not cats. Cats can be vicious if they want to be but dogs can be even worse!

We all know cats are superior to dogs! :D They can be amazing little furry balls of wonder.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If a cat was a guard cat it would not work, just kick it out of the way and it would run :D

QUOTE]

You haven't met mine!!! He'd not just have your foot off, but your leg too :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »
    She does not smell - she grooms herself and her fur is sweet-smelling. Honest to God truth.

Tomcats are smelly -- even if you neuter them and keep them indoors.

Females on the other hand -- I don't know how they manage it, but we've found the same as you. Ours smells completely neutral -- but somehow, and I don't know where she's getting this from, but she often has a feint scent of perfume. Now clearly this isn't coming from the cat, but where she's picking this scent up from I'm not sure.
  • pixiebootspixieboots Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jase1 wrote: »
    Tomcats are smelly -- even if you neuter them and keep them indoors.

Females on the other hand -- I don't know how they manage it, but we've found the same as you. Ours smells completely neutral -- but somehow, and I don't know where she's getting this from, but she often has a feint scent of perfume. Now clearly this isn't coming from the cat, but where she's picking this scent up from I'm not sure.

Mine aren't:confused: Tux has that perfume-y smell too and he's a right bruiser. Mr P just smells of cat, same as Betty:)
  • B3atenB3aten Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cats are the most wonderful masters. They give more than they take, are far more enigmatic than dogs and the affection from a cat is genuine rather than just pack instnict.

Cat love is genuine, whereas dogs just want a comfy home. To have the affection of a cat (or cats) is just divine. I have a little purring monster on my lap right now and he is looking into my eyes.

Cats are better pets than dogs. Dogs are just attention ****.

So there :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Highly allergic to cats.
    I think they are a nuissance, next doors cat climbs all over my car I have got scratches all over the bonnet where it must slide down to get off and shit all over my garden. Even after a few buckets of water it still comes back.
    Id rather have my Dog to walk round the lake on a sunny afternoon, then some cat bring me home a headless mouse to show me.
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    B3aten wrote: »
    Cats are the most wonderful masters. They give more than they take, are far more enigmatic than dogs and the affection from a cat is genuine rather than just pack instnict.

Cat love is genuine, whereas dogs just want a comfy home. To have the affection of a cat (or cats) is just divine. I have a little purring monster on my lap right now and he is looking into my eyes.

Yes, I'd have to agree 100% with that.

Years ago we had a huge great labrador retriever and a tom cat (who didn't smell by the way !) and Ben (the dog) was absolutely terrified of Timmy (the cat) he would always stand totally still whenever Timmy was walking past him, I'm sure Timmy did it on purpose to let Ben know who the top dog was, so to speak !!:D Mind you, Ben was a big stupid galoot ! adorable though.

We've just got a female cat now, (Penny) who, funnily enough doesn't smell either :rolleyes: she never goes beyond her own back garden, so she uses an area at the bottom of the garden for a toilet. I'm much happier with just a cat, she's adorable.

I feel a bit mean spouting my opinions on the 'We don't like cats' thread' so I'll beat a hasty retreat. After all everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
  • B3atenB3aten Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabegy wrote: »
    Yes, I'd have to agree 100% with that.

Years ago we had a huge great labrador retriever and a tom cat (who didn't smell by the way !) and Ben (the dog) was absolutely terrified of Timmy (the cat) he would always stand totally still whenever Timmy was walking past him, I'm sure Timmy did it on purpose to let Ben know who the top dog was, so to speak !!:D Mind you, Ben was a big stupid galoot ! adorable though.

We've just got a female cat now, (Penny) who, funnily enough doesn't smell either :rolleyes: she never goes beyond her own back garden, so she uses an area at the bottom of the garden for a toilet. I'm much happier with just a cat, she's adorable.

I feel a bit mean spouting my opinions on the 'We don't like cats' thread' so I'll beat a hasty retreat. After all everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

I didn't pick up on cats being smelly - its normally festery old mutts that stink. Cats are notoriously clean and fastidious animals. All the ones that I've known have kept themselves clean.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B3aten wrote: »

To be fair enigmatic isnt a good thing when it comes to pets. It would be like keeping a David Blane.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I've never owned a cat and I grew up learning bad things about them as much of my family dislikes them.
    However I do not dislike them in the slightest and given half the chance would have one happily!
    But my dog simply does not agree:rolleyes:
    It is a huge pain in the butt having them toileting in the garden I won't lie, but I have forgotten my annoyance over that as I now have a patio that they don't bother:)