Glee (US Pace) (Part 4)

Comments

• CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's nothing to say Cooter will continue to abuse Shannon actually. It's as likely to have been a one off incident as it is to being the start of an abusing relationship. How they deal with the fall out of her going back to it will make the difference.

I know someone whose husband was physically abusive to her just once, although in that case he threw something rather than hit her, and he went immediately to get counselling for his temper.
    I know someone else whose husband was verbally abusive during drink and it took her four years to leave him.
    Every situation is different.
  • kiteflyerkiteflyer Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having known friends who have experienced Domestic Violence and have had the courage to walk away, I can tell you it can most definitely come out the blue. For both of them, right up until they got married, everything was great. After the wedding, the man they married changed all of sudden. I think Glee has (despite no seeing the episode but having read about it) have handle as realistically as they could, through the sudden appearance of it, to the surprise of the friends. It certainly reflects the experience I have of it.

I watched this episode and could totally relate to it. Not with violence within my marriage but physical and emotional abuse growing up. Last year I plucked up the courage to tell someone about it and they were shocked because you become quite adept at hiding the hurt. You don't have to have bruises to hurt. :cry: The line about not knowing what goes on behind closed doors is so true as is the fact that in lots of cases everyone outwith the home thinks that the person who is doing the abusing is the nicest person you could ever meet. Also, I wanted to cry when Coach Beiste said that she was scared that no-one would ever love her hence the reason for her going back to Cooter. Something that I am sure most people in this situation have thought and said and did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Potential spoiler about the finale
    Lea is in New York, dressed as Rachel and filming outside Grand Central Station.

Apparently she's the only one filming there :confused:
  • konofiliuskonofilius Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those who may have missed the 30 second previews (I know I prefer them!), here are the ones from episode 3x20 - Props:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S9-L0ldvuKQ#!

Mean - Taylor Swift - Puck and Coach Beiste
    As soon as we put it together that they were doing a Shannon domestic abuse storyline, I thought this song would be perfect (it was either this or "Gunpowder and Lead" by Miranda Lambert). There is something beautifully unexpected about someone who looks the way Beiste looks saying "one day I'll be big enough so you won't hit me"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SLViKsWbrNY

Flashdance - Irene Cara - Tina & Rachel
    It's so funny that even in the "Tina the star" episode, she still doesn't get a solo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VKzkpRJv1Y0

I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz - Rachel
    ...and yet Ms. Berry does! Presumably this will be her "re-audition" song if rumours are to be believed...

It'll be interesting to see how the songs are staged what with this being the body swap episode...Personally I adore the first one on that list. I'm a big fan of that song and a fan of the original artist. I've said it before that I love Glee vocal swapping songs because they instantly make them different and because the two vocalists on the track are quite different to the original artist, it's awesome. Plus, it's more fun to sing along with it when its more in my key...

With only 3 tracks it looks like this is going to be a very "story" based episode which is great and makes a better use of the plot threads running through this episode rather than bogging it down with 8 songs and no jokes/story progression
  • lmddawsonlmddawson Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Some new songs are out for 3X21. Not loving Edge Of Glory, the original is FAR superior.
    Edge of Glory: http://soundcloud.com/gleethemusic/edge-of-glory/s-D1N5v
    We Are The Champions: http://soundcloud.com/gleethemusic/we-are-the-champions/s-s7Brt
    I Won't Give Up: http://soundcloud.com/gleethemusic/i-wont-give-up/s-NkXXQ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lmddawson wrote: »
    Some new songs are out for 3X21. Not loving Edge Of Glory, the original is FAR superior.
    Edge of Glory: http://soundcloud.com/gleethemusic/edge-of-glory/s-D1N5v
    We Are The Champions: http://soundcloud.com/gleethemusic/we-are-the-champions/s-s7Brt
    I Won't Give Up: http://soundcloud.com/gleethemusic/i-wont-give-up/s-NkXXQ

Thanks for posting these :D The inclusion of WatC means we are getting closer to the GR(ToyL) preview and my super nervousness...You just know it's going to be Will singing it or something instead of what I want but ah well, these things happen...

I disagree about EoG though. There are some little flairs in that which make it really really good. I don't know about "better" but it's certainly not a disappointment.

I hated the Troubletones storyline because it meant the ND were divided but I do think it's a great way to show off Santana and Mercedes a bit more. With the inclusion of Quinn and Tina, it's basically the "No Rachel Berrys" club...which is fair enough and something tells me Rachel wouldn't care.

I'm guessing the plan across Nationals and Showcase is to show off as many vocalists as possible. No doubt this is just showing off these 4 (I can imagine some Brittany dance showing off here too (Wonder if they will take the Cheerios TT girls along with them (doubt it...)))
  • xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    huggzy wrote: »
    Thanks for posting these :D The inclusion of WatC means we are getting closer to the GR(ToyL) preview and my super nervousness...You just know it's going to be Will singing it or something instead of what I want but ah well, these things happen...

I disagree about EoG though. There are some little flairs in that which make it really really good. I don't know about "better" but it's certainly not a disappointment.

I hated the Troubletones storyline because it meant the ND were divided but I do think it's a great way to show off Santana and Mercedes a bit more. With the inclusion of Quinn and Tina, it's basically the "No Rachel Berrys" club...which is fair enough and something tells me Rachel wouldn't care.

I'm guessing the plan across Nationals and Showcase is to show off as many vocalists as possible. No doubt this is just showing off these 4 (I can imagine some Brittany dance showing off here too (Wonder if they will take the Cheerios TT girls along with them (doubt it...)))

I think the Cheerios TT girls do go. I remember seeing a pic somewhere of girls dressed in McKinleys costumes for Regionals and it wasnt the cast. I could be wrong though and remembering something else. I hope I am wrong, it would be a bit ridiculous for those girls to go when they dont even go to a glee club meeting.

Love the songs though. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Cheerios TT girls do go. I remember seeing a pic somewhere of girls dressed in McKinleys costumes for Regionals and it wasnt the cast. I could be wrong though and remembering something else. I hope I am wrong, it would be a bit ridiculous for those girls to go when they dont even go to a glee club meeting.

Love the songs though. :D

Well it looks like more and more are appearing on Soundcloud
    http://soundcloud.com/gleethemusic/ill-remember/s-4faKF

I'll Remember - Madonna - Kurt (Presumably to Blaine)

So it would appear that Pinterest are working with Glee as part of a promo thing? I have no idea how the site works but it appears to be like a "repost this so many times and we unlock the next song"...Every time a song gets unlocked the amount required for the next one increases in increments of 200...

http://pinterest.com/gleethemusic/the-graduation-album/

Apparently they are building up with GR(ToyL) being the last freaking one! (Of course...grr!)...
  • revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://gleezone.tumblr.com/

Stills from props
    The character swap looks HILARIOUS. omg!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revans33 wrote: »
    http://gleezone.tumblr.com/

Stills from props
    The character swap looks HILARIOUS. omg!

This is what I was saying the other day. It's a really easy episode to do once you've established the characters enough to understand why it would be funny...
    However, I do have to say...This instantly proves what kind of actors they all are. Chris said in an interview that he believes his character to be the most difficult (I don't know why though since he kind of already did it in "Laryngitis" and he believes the struggle is to not insult the actor who you are portraying...which brings us on to...I know it's just a still but look at the way that Mark (Puck) is sat in that photo...I'm sorry but Blaine has never sat like that or posed like that. It's weak acting on his behalf...

Big fan of Matt's changed hairstyle in his photo though...much less curly and very amused by what they've tried to do with Joe's hair...!
    I can't wait to see Artie played by Naya/Santana...and more importantly, since they are all doing the inverse of each other...Kevin playing Santana...

And sorry to "go there" but how freaking sexy is Chris Colfer in that photo with him and Amber...oh my glee! Kind of a serious looking photo...wonder whats going down?

Damn I can't wait any longer for the last 4 episodes!! but then I don't want them to end!
  • MrEdgarFinchleyMrEdgarFinchley Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Cheerios will be there anyway, they're usually to be seen moonlighting as part of Vocal Adrenaline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok so from 19th Episode I'm loving only 'I love u like a love song" and a bit "Take my breath away". From 20th episode I adore I was here by Lea and not quite feel Edge of Glory. Hopefully the other songs will be better
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Mr. Schuester got a solo on the graduation album! :D
    http://soundcloud.com/gleethemusic/forever-young/s-geLUX

Which is incredibly positive because I had a major feeling that Good Riddance could have gone to him...Only a few more left on the Pintrest promo! "Glory Days" and "Good Riddance" itself...I'm so freaking excited. My plans for "not getting my hopes up" are out the freaking window!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And sorry to "go there" but how freaking sexy is Chris Colfer in that photo with him and Amber...oh my glee! Kind of a serious looking photo...wonder whats going down?

One site has this caption below (probably not too spoilerific but I'll use tags just in case)
    : Mercedes (Amber Riley, L) and Kurt (Chris Colfer, R) listen to Sue’s plans in the first hour of a special two-hour “Props/Nationals” episode of GLEE
    Still seems quite vague though...

The photos for props are pretty funny, although I wish we could see them all - I really want to see the
    Kurt/Finn and Santana/Artie swap!
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Mr. Schuester got a solo on the graduation album! :D
    http://soundcloud.com/gleethemusic/forever-young/s-geLUX

Which is incredibly positive because I had a major feeling that Good Riddance could have gone to him...Only a few more left on the Pintrest promo! "Glory Days" and "Good Riddance" itself...I'm so freaking excited. My plans for "not getting my hopes up" are out the freaking window!

Love it, reminds me of his Leaving on a Jet Plane which remains one of my favourite covers, I still think Matthew Morrison has the best male voice on the show, it's such a same how bad his character's become.

Decided to watch the last three episodes, the body swap because it's one of those things you have to see not read about, nationals just because it airs right after, and the graduation because I want to see what's the plan for season 4 is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

After all my squeeing over the release of this song I've actually decided to avoid listening to it until the episode...I just wanted to know who was singing it.
    Odd combination of Blaine and Finn...perhaps it will make more sense within the episode...maybe they are singing it to Rachel and Kurt? Idunno but we will soon find out I guess :D
  • xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After all my squeeing over the release of this song I've actually decided to avoid listening to it until the episode...I just wanted to know who was singing it.
    Odd combination of Blaine and Finn...perhaps it will make more sense within the episode...maybe they are singing it to Rachel and Kurt? Idunno but we will soon find out I guess :D
    I thought Blaine was odd aswell, I was kind of expecting Finn and Puck tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yo, Choke had the LOWEST ratings in history. Only 6 mln in US. What the hec?!
  • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found the graduation album a huge disappointment. Only five songs I liked (I'm not counting We Are Young and School's Out).
    Chris solo, Edge Of Glory, We Are The Champions and the two Lea solos
    For the last album of this season it sums up this season for me. A pile of wank.
  • Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will Sky be showing the two hour episode?
  • waterlooenderswaterlooenders Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Not sure whether to watch it at UK or US pace for the last few episodes.
    I Go on Tumblr so spoilers may be a bit of a problem sadly.

The Graduation album is pretty good.
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr.Lavigne wrote: »
    Will Sky be showing the two hour episode?

Yes, Sky will be airing the 2 episodes (which it technically is) back to back from 8pm next Thursday (17th May.)
This discussion has been closed.