icloud calendar - android equivalent?

Krispen WahKrispen Wah Posts: 421
Forum Member
I've just swapped from many years of ios7 over to Android (fanboy comments will be ignored), as it's for work I was always impressed with the calendar on icloud where I vould put an appointment in Outlook and it would show up on my iphone straight away.

Is there an equivalent 'instant' feature on Android or Google Play? I'm using an S3.

Comments

• noise747noise747 Posts: 30,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it is called google calender. all android phones come with it and you can acess it by your google account
    when I add or change something on google clander on my computer it is pretty much instant on my phone

Just go to your google account and it is there, best place to find it is from gmail.
  • pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If your company supports it, you can connect your phone to Outlook via an Exchange account. Failing that, you might be able to share your Outlook calendar with Goggle Calendar, which will then sync automatically with your phone.
  • Krispen WahKrispen Wah Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Ok I've found Google Calendar, if I add items to it they'll show up in the Outlook calendar strsight away or thereabouts then?
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If for any reason you want to stick with iCloud calendar there are apps for Android that can sync with it. e.g. this.
  • fletchemfletchem Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use Google Calendar Sync (written by Google for just this issue) but I have just learnt that they pulled it at the beginning of this year. You should be able to find it on a s/w repository somewhere; and it will still work according to google.

Maybe THIS is it - please check/scan/verify. It certainly looks like the prog I have.

Basically, it offers you the ability to sync one/either/both ways between the two calendars every XX minutes. It works seamlessly for me - with both calendars displaying all entries.

The alternative is to share your Google calendar with Outlook. Your Google calendar settings will be able to give you a unique address for your calendar, which you can then add as another calendar in Outlook.