How did you celebrate your 30th birthday?

13»

Comments

• ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I had a meal at the all you can eat Chinese place, very nice :)
  • Doctor_DonnaDoctor_Donna Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did nothing for mine. My (now ex) boyfriend forgot it was even my birthday, never mind my 30th and turned up the next day with a card :p Happy days :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Very embarrassed to admit I cried most of the day, I felt so old. 30???? My life was over. Hahaha silly cow, 20 years later if I could meet my 30 yr old self I would slap her. Please don't change your name Ovalteenie it is a great name.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got engaged to my then boyfriend, we split up 3 months later - we had rushed into things much too fast
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to a party that my friend was having - she was also 30 at the same time.

I was rather depressed all night coz my 20s were over.. :(

It's got easier since though! :p
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to the pub with a few of my friends.

Then we came back to mine where I had prepared a meal.

Then we ate it.

Then we drank loads and danced stupidly for a bit.

Then we talked morosely and with tears about life.

Felt like CRAP the next morning. My boss made me go and sit down and drink coffee for half an hour when I got in.

(He didn't think I'd make it, but I've NEVER had time off for a hangover):o:D

All good.:)
  • Susan_A1951Susan_A1951 Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took a pregnancy test and after seven years of marriage, it came up positive. The best birthday present ever
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am 30 this week, I had planned to actually commit suicide at this age in my 20's (sorry that's a bit heavy) but I've never been happier than I am right now.
    You are still young, I feel like my life is just beginning anyway.
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My ex bought tickets for us to go to the theatre. Not sure if it was the show we were watching or if I was knackered but I nodded off during the evening.
    Caldari wrote: »
    Hot dogs, pizza and beer in NYC.

How fab :cool:
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll let you know in July 2020.
  • RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was pregnant so felt fat and thirty!!!!

I had my second scan on my birthday so that cheered me up as I couldn't get drunk ;)
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Glowbot wrote: »
    I am 30 this week, I had planned to actually commit suicide at this age in my 20's (sorry that's a bit heavy)

On that note I honestly always thought I would be dead by the time I hit 30 whether it by by illness accident or suicide it was just a feeling I always had
  • WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    I'm 33 and when I hit 30 I considered myself to be old and still do

I am 56 in a couple of months. I don't consider myself 'old'. Other people may do but I don't.:D:D
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't even remember but for some reason I had a bit of a wobble at 32 and got a tattoo for a reason that makes no sense to me now. Will be forty soon and am not really that bothered about it, don't feel old but all the rubbish of my youth is behind me :)
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had just given birth to my son when I turned 30, he was the best present I could have been given.