BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 53)

Comments

• honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    It'll be sometime before they're bearing edible fruit. :p If you have frosts it could kill off the fruit.
    I think our bluebells are done for for the second year running. with them being under a heap of snow.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    am i the only one who is going to be taking part in earth hour :o
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think our bluebells are done for for the second year running. with them being under a heap of snow.

My snowdrops haven't come to much for the 2nd year running. It was too warm in January/Feb again for them, & the snow has done in the crocuses. As for my daffodils, they were getting ready to come out, but the snow has stopped that from happening. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's too early here for the bluebells, I didn't have too many of them last year because it was really warm early on in the year.
    Forum Member

Possibly on the thread but probably not in the whole world,:p though i cant imagine many people in Britain will want to turn off their lights and go stand in a field looking at the sky in this weather.
    Forum Member
    It's too early here for the bluebells, I didn't have too many of them last year because it was really warm early on in the year.

Bit early for us too but they sprung up during the heatwave a fortnight ago. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possibly on the thread but probably not in the whole world,:p though i cant imagine many people in Britain will want to turn off their lights and go stand in a field looking at the sky in this weather.

Can't imagine many (if any) prepared to sit in the freezing cold with all their lights out for an hour. I certainly won't be doing it! :rolleyes:
    As an act of defiance I may switch on every light in my house & switch on every electrical appliance I have. :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bit early for us too but they sprung up during the heatwave a fortnight ago. :D

The 'heatwave' didn't last long enough up here for that to happen. :D
    Forum Member
    Can't imagine many (if any) prepared to sit in the freezing cold with all their lights out for an hour. I certainly won't be doing it! :rolleyes:
    As an act of defiance I may switch on every light in my house & switch on every electrical appliance I have. :D:D

Yep. Me too. The flashlight in the garden is going on full blast. :D

Just imagining that everybody in the world co-operated, wouldn't it be more effective to make it at the same time everywhere ? and it would have the added bonus of making aliens think the planet had vanished. :cool:
    Forum Member
    I think we might have to buy Pippin a dayglo tutu for her own safety.
    Being black she is horribly camouflaged and hasn't the sense to move when someone is about to sit down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just imagining that everybody in the world co-operated, wouldn't it be more effective to make it at the same time everywhere ?
    and it would have the added bonus of making aliens think the planet had vanished. :cool:

Yeah, rebels unite! :D

Well that wouldn't work either, not with all the time differences. This hasn't really been thought out properly. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we might have to buy Pippin a dayglo tutu for her own safety.
    Being black she is horribly camouflaged and hasn't the sense to move when someone is about to sit down.

Can't you get her some dayglo socks instead? :D
    Forum Member
    Can't you get her some dayglo socks instead? :D

I could convert one of mine couldnt I ? :D
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    It isn't really a struggle though is it, if you are fit and healthy and live in a city its no big deal and you might as well enjoy it. I certainly do. :)

All our buds are out too, and it looks like the blossom will come any minute now.
    I've never lived in or near a city, wouldn't know, if you were in the city doubt if you would even see any snow, just Taxis.
    It'll be sometime before they're bearing edible fruit. :p If you have frosts it could kill off the fruit.
    Thought the frost could only kill the blossom or embryo fruit if it's been pollinated.
    Are you serious, never even heard of it.
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    I've never lived in or near a city, wouldn't know, if you were in the city doubt if you would even see any snow, just Taxis.

Thought the frost could only kill the blossom or embryo fruit if it's been pollinated.

Are you serious, never even heard of it.

What on earth are you talking about? Never lived near a city? You are a stones throw from Liverpool, you work in Liverpool, you were brought up in West Kirby which last time I looked is jolly near to Chester and you live in Birkenhead which though not a city is heavily built up town and hardly a rural idyllic village. :eek:
    Forum Member
    What on earth are you talking about? Never lived near a city? You are a stones throw from Liverpool, you work in Liverpool, you were brought up in West Kirby which last time I looked is jolly near to Chester and you live in Birkenhead which though not a city is heavily built up town and hardly a rural idyllic village. :eek:
    I was brought up 1 mile from the nearest Town, it was 20 miles to Chester, it was 6 or more miles from Birkenhead, i work and have worked by Halewood and have never lived near a City, i used to live many miles from the Mersey and Liverpool was a Foreign country to me till i was 23.
    Forum Member
    I was brought up 1 mile from the nearest Town, it was 20 miles to Chester, it was 6 or more miles from Birkenhead, i work and have worked by Halewood and have never lived near a City, i used to live many miles from the Mersey and Liverpool was a Foreign country to me till i was 23.

And how do you get to Halewood without driving through the city? and Costco? You are near a city right now and i bet you can see it from the end of your road. You certainly can from Morrisons car park. :p
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member

<Stumbles around in the dark>

Just imagining that everybody in the world co-operated, wouldn't it be more effective to make it at the same time everywhere ? and it would have the added bonus of making aliens think the planet had vanished. :cool:

:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evening all :)

thanks for the warning about newbury acks. no jump racing at all :( and, and! the radio spoilered the pole qualifier for F1 before i'd watched it *flumps*
    minkski wrote: »

<Stumbles around in the dark>

minks you've been wandering around in the dark for nearly two hours. here, have a glowstick and you can get to the kettle and the lightswitch. earth hour is good for cats, foxes and mice (ok and hippos and elephants and..) but we humans need a candle or 10 :D
    Forum Member
    And how do you get to Halewood without driving through the city? and Costco? You are near a city right now and i bet you can see it from the end of your road. You certainly can from Morrisons car park. :p
    I don't class driving via a City being related to living in one, which i never have.
    I have always lived many miles from the Mersey, I used to live by the River Dee, which runs between Wirral and Wales.
    doodle doo wrote: »
    evening all :)

thanks for the warning about newbury acks. no jump racing at all :( and, and! the radio spoilered the pole qualifier for F1 before i'd watched it *flumps*

minks you've been wandering around in the dark for nearly two hours. here, have a glowstick and you can get to the kettle and the lightswitch. earth hour is good for cats, foxes and mice (ok and hippos and elephants and..) but we humans need a candle or 10 :D
    Evening Doods.:-))))))))))))))))
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    It's probably all right coming that far, it's just the roads in the uk that don't move.
    With our weather we have to import more and more.

That might be due to gravity Moots.:-)

A few miles can make an awful difference.
    or the freezing atmosphere, Hicky :p:D
    :confused: Surely you weren't expecting English pears to be ready this early? :p
    I was trying to imply that at least the argentinians have weather suitable for growing pears on time - it must be almost summer there now.
    It isn't really a struggle though is it, if you are fit and healthy and live in a city its no big deal and you might as well enjoy it. I certainly do. :)

All our buds are out too, and it looks like the blossom will come any minute now.
    My cherry tree's buds were doing just fine, until blanketed in snow.:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't class driving via a City being related to living in one, which i never have.
    I have always lived many miles from the Mersey, I used to live by the River Dee, which runs between Wirral and Wales.

Evening Doods.:-))))))))))))))))

evening hicky :)

coincidentally, you talking about where you'd lived was interesting to me. where i live the town is a bit too big and city like for me. it's also expensive and i'm contemplating looking at being somewhere slightly smaller. i grew up in a very small town and i did find things a bit easier. i don't want to live in the middle of a big built up place. i'm lucky to be on the edge at the moment, but plan F is to downsize in population :)

hope you're not too snowed in there. it seems to have moved to a belt in the middle of the country. oh, and of course, my doorstep as usual :D
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    I hope we all have a better night in my establishment tonight. Rupert has been crying and trying to get out of the little playpen I put him in for his own safety, until the early hours:yawn: The dog has talent - he can actually climb up a mesh puppy panel and teeter crying at the top until rescued...
    Last night at 2.30am, I decided in sheer desperation to leave him out of the pen, and we all got some sleep. At last!!

good night All:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mootle wrote: »
    I hope we all have a better night in my establishment tonight. Rupert has been crying and trying to get out of the little playpen I put him in for his own safety, until the early hours:yawn: The dog has talent - he can actually climb up a mesh puppy panel and teeter crying at the top until rescued...
    Last night at 2.30am, I decided in sheer desperation to leave him out of the pen, and we all got some sleep. At last!!

good night All:D

aw, he's a clever thing :) can he be left out of the pen and fend for himself because they'll all be sleeping anyway? i don't know dogs but cats settle into the right order between themselves. hope you get a good night's kip anyway :)

i'm off myself. nighty night all. keep warm x :)
    Forum Member
    Mootle wrote: »
    or the freezing atmosphere, Hicky :p:D

I was trying to imply that at least the argentinians have weather suitable for growing pears on time - it must be almost summer there now.

My cherry tree's buds were doing just fine, until blanketed in snow.:mad:
    I know cold air and ice fall, but they only fall due to gravity.:-)))))))))))))

My Cherry Tree had some buds emerging from dormancy but haven't broken it yet.
    doodle doo wrote: »
    evening hicky :)

coincidentally, you talking about where you'd lived was interesting to me. where i live the town is a bit too big and city like for me. it's also expensive and i'm contemplating looking at being somewhere slightly smaller. i grew up in a very small town and i did find things a bit easier. i don't want to live in the middle of a big built up place. i'm lucky to be on the edge at the moment, but plan F is to downsize in population :)

hope you're not too snowed in there. it seems to have moved to a belt in the middle of the country. oh, and of course, my doorstep as usual :D
    Some people like the city/busy hustle bustle of it, i've never lived that close, my nearest fuel station is a mile maybe more away.
    My nearest Cinema is about 5 miles.
    I did used to have a 3 within a couple of miles but they all closed many years ago.
This discussion has been closed.