Is Rihanna going down the Whitney route?

lolacolalolacola Posts: 114
Forum Member
Never really paid that much attention to Rihanna in the past but you can't help but notice her lately. She seems to be getting sleazier. She seemed to be a lot more innocent a few years back. Now with pictures of her and Brown at a basketball game it really does look like they're back together. It reminds me of Whitney with Bobby Brown. Could he drag her down?

Comments

• Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he's the type to get her hooked on crack. Give her a crack from time to time maybe, but not in that circle.

Whether she seems innocent or sleazy could simply be image and nothing to do with her actual personality. You can't fake or hide a lifetime of being zoinked on some skag.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    She's have to be 100 times more talented first to follow Whitney Houston's route.
  • ukbadgeukbadge Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    hopefully!
  • HelenSnowflakeHelenSnowflake Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    She's have to be 100 times more talented first to follow Whitney Houston's route.

This, the difference is that Whitney had talent and Rihanna is just hype. Whitney fell into drugs most likely during or after her volatile relationship with Brown, Rihanna seems to be hitting that route just fine on her own and judging by the pics on her twitter she's not exactly remorseful either like Whitney was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friends and I were saying this earlier funnily enough. I think she is heading the same way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Rihanna has never really been presented as a good girl, All-American like Whitney was. I know she is not American but that kind of image has not applied to her in the the press she gets around the world. She was always the 'good girl gone bad'.

I think her star will fade but not fall from grace as bad as Whitney did. Getting back with Chris Brown will lose her alot of fans though. He has his fanbase and it will cross over with some support from hers but he is still massively hated for what he did. Their are many who will never forgive him or let the public forget what he did [with good reason i may add].

If he publicly beats her again I think its game over for him and probably both of them.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rihanna isn't stupid. She doesn't really do drugs and smoke weed. I find it quite funny seeing what she posts on Instagram and Twitter...it's constantly pictures of her smoking joints etc. She's not a bad girl at all, she just pretends she is to get attention and to get people talking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Rihanna isn't stupid. She doesn't really do drugs and smoke weed. I find it quite funny seeing what she posts on Instagram and Twitter...it's constantly pictures of her smoking joints etc. She's not a bad girl at all, she just pretends she is to get attention and to get people talking.

If you believe that, you'll believe anything.
    She is a hot mess & has been for a while.
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a word yes. Choosing rubbish men,being illegally naughty,burning the candle from both ends etc.
    Heading for a melt down for sure. And possibly a Whitney or Amy ending.
    Sad but true.:(
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whitney had talent, something Rhiana will never have.
  • wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bemused by posters suggesting on here that Rihanna isn't talented:confused:.......love her or hate her but she definitely has talent and is more than worthy of comparison with the best of singers and performers.

As for what may or may not be happening in her personal life,it seems clear that certain newspapers seem to take pleasure in shoe-horning Rihanna into a downbeat pigeonhole previously occupied by Whitney and Amy.....I can only hope she takes absolutely no notice of their stinking hypocrisy that builds people up and relishes trying to knock them down again under the false pretence of reporting 'news'.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's mad for going back to him. He's obviously the much more aggressive of the two. The relationship is doomed!
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's got better people around her, and her lesser talent (Lack of Talent is a ridiculous claim, she's not nearly as talented as Whitney but she's a great performer) puts her in their control.

Whitney could have left any form of management or record label if they tried to stop her doing something, and had thousands of offers flooding in, and made the same money elsewhere.

Rihanna could of course leave and have some success elsewhere, but without her writing team and production etc around her, she would arguably not be as successful elsewhere.

She knows who is in control of her career, and I think for that reason she'll be fine. It's if people like Chris Brown perhaps start telling her she can do better without her management and convinces her to leave she'll be in trouble, however I don't see that happening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i bet she`s already on drugs
    i used to think Chris was good looking before but now he looks like a smack rat himself
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    i agree me and my friend were saying this today.

she may not end up on crack but the way her relationship is i.e no one likes him, he beat her etc its not good for her.

Yeah its none of our business but at the end of the day she is a ole model to young girls she may not want that tag but she is!

I mean if she did get beaten again then i dont see people giving her sympathy again.

But she obviously loves him and love is hard to break away from. But she is stupid.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, definitely not, it it means releasing an album every 7 years or so, a la Whit
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lolacola wrote: »
    Never really paid that much attention to Rihanna in the past but you can't help but notice her lately. She seems to be getting sleazier. She seemed to be a lot more innocent a few years back. Now with pictures of her and Brown at a basketball game it really does look like they're back together. It reminds me of Whitney with Bobby Brown. Could he drag her down?

In what way did Whitney Houston's image ever become 'sleazier'? Are you implying that all drug addicts get their naked flesh out, or that all victims of domestic abuse do the same? Or that grown women are such poor little fawns that they can't make decisions for themselves and can be 'dragged down' by who they choose to have a relationship with. Either way, it sounds like a load of offensive, generalising bullcrap to me.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    Julie68 wrote: »
    Whitney had talent, something Rhiana will never have.

Who needs talent when you have got autotune.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I think she is burning her candle from the both ends for sure. With Whitney, she had an image you could relate to, while Rihanna is a racist thug with an ugly personality. But she does sell albums, so the people around her will try and look after her to a point, so she might actually last for a while.
  • lolacolalolacola Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    elnombre wrote: »
    In what way did Whitney Houston's image ever become 'sleazier'? Are you implying that all drug addicts get their naked flesh out, or that all victims of domestic abuse do the same? Or that grown women are such poor little fawns that they can't make decisions for themselves and can be 'dragged down' by who they choose to have a relationship with. Either way, it sounds like a load of offensive, generalising bullcrap to me.

I wasn't saying Whitney was sleazy. Infact I'd say Whitney still had some control when she was in front of the cameras. I never watched an interview with her and thought she was a mess. I just mean picking the wrong men and not living up to their fans expectations. There was just a horribleness to the stories you heard about Whitney's life.
    Rihanna just seems to me to be a girl playing the bad girl and doing things for attention. Whitney never did that, but they both seemed to get the same kind of attention. I just have a feeling that Rihanna is going to fall in some way. Maybe not with drugs, but her star isn't going to shine for long.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This, the difference is that Whitney had talent and Rihanna is just hype. Whitney fell into drugs most likely during or after her volatile relationship with Brown, Rihanna seems to be hitting that route just fine on her own and judging by the pics on her twitter she's not exactly remorseful either like Whitney was.

I thought it was quite commonly known Whitney was into drugs before she met Bobby and played a large part in both of them switching to harder substances.

Whitney was far from remorseful during her worst period either, have you seen her say she didn't take crack because it was too cheap for her to buy? Rihanna seems far more grounded and "with it" than Whitney was for 70% of her career.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=elnombre;63202131]In what way did Whitney Houston's image ever become 'sleazier'? Are you implying that all drug addicts get their naked flesh out, or that all victims of domestic abuse do the same? Or that grown women are such poor little fawns that they can't make decisions for themselves and can be 'dragged down' by who they choose to have a relationship with. Either way, it sounds like a load of offensive, generalising bullcrap to me.[/QUOTE]

The pictures of her bathroom with all the crack paraphernalia were pretty damn sleazy and shocking; also, the numerous pictures of her with sunken eyes, wide eyed and high and incredibly bony were not exactly a testament to her clean living. Whether Whitney was dragged down by Bobby or just by herself - she was a pretty hot mess.

As for Rihanna - thick as mince and wouldn't be surprised if she burns out in a year or so.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukbadge wrote: »
    hopefully!

Disgusting.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukbadge wrote: »
    hopefully!
    That is an AWFUL thing to wish on somebody. I understand not everybody likes Rihanna, her music or even her decisions, but Rihanna doesn't deserve to suffer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    The thing about Whitney is that everything going on what the exact opposite to her clean cut image.
    But with Rihanna that's not the case, the sleaze very much fits and is part of her image.