Ukraine v England on 10th October who will cover game?

Germany boundGermany bound Posts: 1,410
Forum Member
✭✭✭
any info on who will cover the game on telly

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sultana had rights to England away games but since they went bust, I think ITV automatically got all the England games.
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaggerc1 wrote: »
    Sultana had rights to England away games but since they went bust, I think ITV automatically got all the England games.

So begs the question will it be shown with "black bars" either side of the screen?
  • ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So begs the question will it be shown with "black bars" either side of the screen?

If the Ukrainian host broadcaster only provides 4:3 SD pictures, then yes.
  • RagnarokRagnarok Posts: 4,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This will be up for auction. The English FA have no right to sell the Ukraine FA rights for them. The Ukraine FA or there elected broker will make want to make a deal before the match. England going to the many smaller European countries is alot of FA's pay days!!!! Do don't be surprised if it goes to the highest bidder!!
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ragnarok wrote: »
    This will be up for auction. The English FA have no right to sell the Ukraine FA rights for them. The Ukraine FA or there elected broker will make want to make a deal before the match. England going to the many smaller European countries is alot of FA's pay days!!!! Do don't be surprised if it goes to the highest bidder!!

I would hardly call Ukraine a "smaller European country". Have you seen a map lately?

I'm sure it will go to the highest bidder. That's how these auction things work. The Ukrainian FA don't care about the audience in the UK - they just want maximum money.
  • sbuggsbugg Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ukraine are ranked 19th in the world so are not small in footballing terms either.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Jaggerc1 wrote: »
    Yes I believe so. The FA only sells the broadcasting rights for their own country, home and away games. So the Ukrainian FA would sell the broadcast rights for England vs Ukraine being played in England for broadcast on Ukrainian TV, but not sell UK broadcast rights for the match played in Ukraine. That's for our FA to do - and they sold it to Setanta with ITV as the back-up. So ITV have the rights. :)
  • Germany boundGermany bound Posts: 1,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thank you for all the replys but as its an away game its up to the Ukraine football association to sell it to the highest bidder

BBC/ITV/C4/C5/Sky/ESPN?

It has nothing to do with the English FA ,hopefully by the time the England v croatia time is concluded the visit to
    South africa will be confirmed

and the Ukraine game might become irrelavent

which would make it worth a lot less than if it was final decider

maybe an announcement won't be made till after the croatia game
  • mlt11mlt11 Posts: 21,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Yes I believe so. The FA only sells the broadcasting rights for their own country, home and away games. So the Ukrainian FA would sell the broadcast rights for England vs Ukraine being played in England for broadcast on Ukrainian TV, but not sell UK broadcast rights for the match played in Ukraine. That's for our FA to do - and they sold it to Setanta with ITV as the back-up. So ITV have the rights. :)

No.

Away qualifiers - UK rights are sold by foreign FA.

Away friendlies - UK rights are sold by the English FA (it's part of the deal for arranging the friendly that the English FA will sell the rights).