Lost internet explorer on desk top?

HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have lost the internet explorer icon from my desk top how do I get it back?

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    you don't say what version of windows you are using. there may be a specific option.

but in general the way you get an icon on to the desktop is to find the icon elsewhere, say in the start menu, and drag it using the right mouse button to the desktop, then release and select the option copy here.
  • LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    Or find it in programs, right click and 'send to' desktop (create shortcut).
  • HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iam using windows8 and I can't find any Internet explorer icon not even on the desktop
  • radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    go to My Computer, then local disk C,then programme files to find Internet Explorer.
    Once found right click & select option to send to desktop
    When its on your desktop you can then elect to pin it to your start menue
  • emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HDMI wrote: »
    Iam using windows8 and I can't find any Internet explorer icon not even on the desktop

Is Internet Explorer on the Start (Metro) screen?
    If not right click on the Start screen and choose 'All Programs' bottom right and see if Internet Explorer is in there.
    If it is right click it and choose 'pin to taskbar'. You can then open IE from the taskbar.

If you really want a desktop icon, then do as others have advised.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just remembered that this happened to me a few weeks ago

I turned on my newish laptop (probably a couple of weeks old) and got some sort of 'wizard' on screen asking me to choose my browser which I didn't understand as I thought I already had a browser, IE10..............when I swerved it I noticed that IE had been removed from my desktop

So I had to go back to the 'Choose Your Browser' thing and reinstall IE
  • stephen122333stephen122333 Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thank you people for the help I now have ie back and will download chrome and try that
  • FlufanFlufan Posts: 2,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HDMI wrote: »
    thank you people for the help I now have ie back and will download chrome and try that

That's quite funny. Shame you didn't phrase your OP: "Lost my IE icon - how can I get it back so that I can download Chrome?"!