Trade paperback compilations frustration

zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
Forum Member
✭✭
It's pissing me off no end that when looking at the new trade paperback compilations the page, more often than not, DOESN'T tell you what issues said compilation contains. :mad:

eg: Judge Dredd Vol 1 - tried about 4/5 sites and NONE give you the issues numbers. Found one that did but it says 1-4 & "contains 7 issues" ... WTF.

Comments

• mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In this instance have you tried the actual publishers?
    http://shop.2000adonline.com/products/judge_dredd_the_complete_case_files_01
    "THIS VOLUME COLLECTS ALL THE JUDGE DREDD STORIES FROM PROGS 2-60!"
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should have been more clear, I'm referring to the IDW USA version series compilation - just had issue 9 come out. But your idea of checking the actual publishers site makes me (1) slap myself for not thinking that before and (2) head off to the dccomics site to find info on the many dc series I'm following :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol! but the publishers sites are sometimes the worst anyway, unfortunately :D

You could always try an ISBN search and see what that brings up - I tried that with Dredd and got a list of IDW solicitations on CBR. Dredd Vol.1 was released in the same month as Dredd #6 so I guess it either has 1-5 or 1-6 in it, most likely 1-5...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they know that if everyone switched to following the titles via trade paperbacks then they'd lose ~1/2 their income from the comics. Unfortunately I came up with this "follow your titles THAT way to save buckets" plan right after putting in my order for the #20s. From the looks of things the next trade compilations will start with the #18s so stopping now might not be saving me as much as I'd hoped. Will aim to start things at the next trade release in ~6months time. :)
    - one thing that should help identify the cut off point will be the Batman titles often have 3 & 4 part stories, and methinks it highly unlikely DC would split the story between 2 trade releases, thus if #24 ends a 4 parter and #25 begins a 3 parter then :eureka: I can stop NOW. Luckily my online comic store gives detailed description of each titles story including any part 2 / part 3 information. QED. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stating the obvious but DCD might be another port of call for checking, too: http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^nothing wrong with stating the obvious and I hadn't tried that site before. :)
    Though methinks without a search option using that site will be most frustrating. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Though methinks without a search option using that site will be most frustrating. :(

That's DCD for you! :D