LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 26)

Comments

• occyoccy Posts: 64,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has the law changed? I thought you weren't allowed to profit from your crime/s. :confused:

It's amazing the deal has been done when she was behind bars.
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »

ID had a whole segment inviting callers to justify (or not) why he should publish her dreary memoires. I mean, who cares? Is this some free market research into whether its a potential seller?

Either way Iain, do us all a favour and separate your publishing business from your radio programme huh?
  • goballoongoballoon Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    ID had a whole segment inviting callers to justify (or not) why he should publish her dreary memoires. I mean, who cares? Is this some free market research into whether its a potential seller?

Either way Iain, do us all a favour and separate your publishing business from your radio programme huh?

Yes, thought I was listening to QVC for a moment.
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member

Either way Price has been 'tagged' she has not completed her punishment, ID is a hypocrite.
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    Either way Price has been 'tagged' she has not completed her punishment, ID is a hypocrite.

Some years ago I seem to recall him admonishing some murderer for profiting out of a book about his time in prison, I think he said something along the lines of, "well, I wouldn't have published it."
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mu
    Some years ago I seem to recall him admonishing some murderer for profiting out of a book about his time in prison, I think he said something along the lines of, "well, I wouldn't have published it."

Murder to preverting the course of justice ( Speeding points ) is slightly different. I hope the book is about the experience in jail & not a platform to tell the gossip about her ex husband. I can see her getting a little more publicity than Chris.
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has the law changed? I thought you weren't allowed to profit from your crime/s. :confused:

Jeffrey Archer published three volumes of prison diaries.
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Will you be writing you memoirs g-s? :D

http://news.xinhuanet.com/photo/2013-02/06/11118124330550_1581d.jpg

Glad I didn't listen to Iain Dale plugging his book! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's on?
  • RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

..assuming he got one of Her Majesty's cushier penitentiaries - what a great place to write.
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems Iain Dale Publishing Company is going to publish Vicky Pryce Book when she gets around to write it.

I remember Iain Dale coming on this website to defend the odious expenses cheat Jacqui Smith and now he is involved with publishing a book by the proven liar Vicky Price...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redvers36 wrote: »
    I remember Iain Dale coming on this website to defend the odious expenses cheat Jacqui Smith and now he is involved with publishing a book by the proven liar Vicky Price...

I can't imagine why she's bothering. Everything remotely interesting has been detailed in the press.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't imagine why she's bothering. Everything remotely interesting has been detailed in the press.

...presumably in the environs of page 3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well with the tag on - theres absolutely no way she can take license points .She'll be bored stiff.
    Forum Member
    Mu

Murder to preverting the course of justice ( Speeding points ) is slightly different. I hope the book is about the experience in jail & not a platform to tell the gossip about her ex husband. I can see her getting a little more publicity than Chris.

The flu lasts longer than her sentence has, what's to tell ?
    Forum Member
    Well with the tag on - theres absolutely no way she can take license points .She'll be bored stiff.

She will have too remain in her house between the hours of 7pm - 7am even her garden will be out of bounds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will have too remain in her house between the hours of 7pm - 7am even her garden will be out of bounds.

An evening barbie curfew to boot.

Crime evidently doesnt pay
  • makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    I think it's on?

I have sent you a PM :)
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..assuming he got one of Her Majesty's cushier penitentiaries - what a great place to write.

Do they have the heating on in winter? I might consider heaving a brick through a window some time next October ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, I already do that and haven't been charged with anything......... yet.
    Forum Member
    Well, I already do that and haven't been charged with anything......... yet.

:D If thats the case you could handle getting tagged standing on your head.....but don't tell the judge that and make sure you write your name and address on the brick or you might not get caught.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D If thats the case you could handle getting tagged standing on your head.....but don't tell the judge that and make sure you write your name and address on the brick or you might not get caught.;)

Good advice, Jack. I'll bear it in mind. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew J O'B would leap straight in with the Oxford sex grooming case. It's a topic which seems to fascinate him. He's dealt with similar topics several times previously and usually receives a lot of abuse accusing him of racism for his pains, despite his scrupulous attempts to present a fair and balanced view.

Morning all. :)
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick was talking this morning about the price of petrol. I am one of the saddos that has kept a log of my petrol price, miles I have drive, the amount I have filled up with and my mpg and litres pg since September 2004 when I was paying 79.9pl A few days ago I paid 129.9p
  • radiodadradiodad Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick was talking this morning about the price of petrol. I am one of the saddos that has kept a log of my petrol price, miles I have drive, the amount I have filled up with and my mpg and litres pg since September 2004 when I was paying 79.9pl A few days ago I paid 129.9p

This kind of thing fascinates me as well, just out of interest how much has your fuel bill increased for a month since then ? (Assuming you do around the same amount of miles)
This discussion has been closed.