Anthea Turner throws out Grant Bover over affair !!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    The thing is though, when did that builder walk out on their partner and son? She might have struck up a relationship with him long after he did this. If she's done the exact same thing, fair enough.

If you read the article, Delia was friends with the builder and his LT partner long before she and the builder cheated on their spouses.

So, Delia did the same as Anthea.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Anthea

Must be awful being married to someone who cheats.

She did the same with Bruno Brookes and went off with Peter Powell.

Bruno had to hirer a private investigator to check if it was true." I don't like to drag things up, but it does seem she's the one who's crying when she's done this twice before".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karma's a BITCH ain't it Anthea!
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Cadbury Flake are up for sponsoring the divorce?

Two rotten people - a simpering business failure who lost a fortune and suffered very little consequence, and a hypocritical, greedy leech on fame's backside.

The ironic thing is that they deserve each other.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can't be that surprised by his behaviour, surely? I always think that a woman or man who has an affair wtih someone can never be that shocked when the same person then cheats on them.

I agree that the adulterer should shoulder most of the blame for an affair. However, a decent person does not get involved wtih a married man or woman. She knew he was married when she started her affair with him. Of course, he was more to blame, but she should have stayed away as well. I hate all this business of the other woman not being to blame. She SHOULD accept some blame. It's not as if she didn;t know he was married, and it's not as if she's not able to make her own decisions.

The only people I really feel sorry for are his kids, who must get sick of seeing their father overlap relationship after relationship.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »

Bruno had to hirer a private investigator to check if it was true." I don't like to drag things up, but it does seem she's the one who's crying when she's done this twice before".

Yeah but wasn't Brookes accused of slapping her around?
    Was part of the reason she left him because of his alleged temper and domestic violence?
    Or, was it a damage limitation story released by her PR team to justify her leaving him? IIRC, she was TV's 'golden girl' at the time and her star was on the rise.
    It's a terrible thing to accuse someone of if not true and a terrible thing to do to to someone if it is.:(
  • latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when a man marries his mistress he's just creating a vacancy,
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Was part of the reason she left him because of his alleged temper and domestic violence?
    Or, was it a damage limitation story released by her PR team to justify her leaving him? IIRC, she was TV's 'golden girl' at the time and her star was on the rise.
    It's a terrible thing to accuse someone of if not true and a terrible thing to do to to someone if it is.:(

He denied the allegations.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1371664/Ex-lover-denies-that-he-beat-up-Anthea-Turner.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/domestic-violence-must-not-become-just-another-fashion-for-the-famous-637660.html

As far as I know there's no evidence - someone can correct me if I'm wrong and as far as I'm aware I don't think any of Bruno Brookes' former girlfriends have ever made similar claims............so based on that it's just her word against his.......so I know who I believe and it's not drama queen Anthea :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eamonn Holmes didn't really get on with her. He called her 'Princess Tippy Toes'.

There's always two sides to a story. Bovey and her have had financial problems with property company which went bust.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1389548/Crikey-Anthea-This-Perfect-Housewife-lark-looks-hard-work-Miss-Turner-sweats-keeps-5m-home---good-shape.html
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    He denied the allegations.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1371664/Ex-lover-denies-that-he-beat-up-Anthea-Turner.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/domestic-violence-must-not-become-just-another-fashion-for-the-famous-637660.html

As far as I know there's no evidence - someone can correct me if I'm wrong and as far as I'm aware I don't think any of Bruno Brookes' former girlfriends have ever made similar claims............so based on that it's just her word against his.......so I know who I believe and it's not drama queen Anthea :rolleyes:

I've got to say this, but If it wasn't true, why didn't Brookes sue her at the time? It can't have done his image any good to portray him as a violent bully.

As for Anthea's book being serialised in the DM as "the showbusiness autobiography of the year", it certainly confounded all their hype by ending up being remaindered in bargain bins all over Britain. :D

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2000/nov/09/biography.features11
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Payback's a bitch, eh Anthea?;)
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's sickening to think this slimy little man has had countless companies go to the wall, whilst the 'little' people in his eyes have no redress to the money he owes them. She soaked it all up for him by doing programmes on cable channels and in Canada to maintain their 5 million house and Verbier ski lodge which they had to sell in the end.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1160304/Feeling-chill-Grant-Anthea-sell-5m-ski-chalet.html

Now it's all come down on her like a ton of bricks and I can't say I'm surprised.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's always looked an arrogant git. Failed businessman as well, although he manages to hang on to his wealth whilst the 'minions' are left high and dry.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got to say this, but If it wasn't true, why didn't Brookes sue her at the time? It can't have done his image any good to portray him as a violent bully.

As for Anthea's book being serialised in the DM as "the showbusiness autobiography of the year", it certainly confounded all their hype by ending up being remaindered in bargain bins all over Britain. :D

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2000/nov/09/biography.features11

I suppose he could have sued her but that takes time and money and I don't think because he didn't that means her claims are true! He did say something along the lines that he didn't want to dignify her claims.

I guess the fact that her 'autobiography' didn't sell well says alot about what people thought of her fairy stories sorry 'claims' :D........if only all far fetched zeleb autobiographies went the same way ;)
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Dunno but she's known for making up spurious and very damaging 'reasons' for moving from one man to the next, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a pack of lies. Mark my words, the woman is a merciless b!tch. As is karma, luckily...
  • Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    She cheated on two people before and hes cheated on his wife with her.. come uppance isnt a nice thing and im sorry for the children involved but you reap what you sow.:sleep:
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    I wonder if Cadbury Flake are up for sponsoring the divorce?

Two rotten people - a simpering business failure who lost a fortune and suffered very little consequence, and a hypocritical, greedy leech on fame's backside.

The ironic thing is that they deserve each other.

Agree with this.

To everyone who say she's got her come uppance or mentioning karma, when does he get his? He appears to have come out of the whole thing unscathed and yet he was as guilty as she was in the affair.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Agree with this.

To everyone who say she's got her come uppance or mentioning karma, when does he get his? He appears to have come out of the whole thing unscathed and yet he was as guilty as she was in the affair.

Think he already has because, if I remember correctly, everything is in Anthea's name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't understand why he's moved out of the £5 Million house and she's living there? Why couldn't Grant just move into the spare room instead of living out of a suitcase in a hotel?

A on looker only knew him from a photo when he was seen in a restaurant with this 24 year old girl. "They thought he was his daughter".

I mean both of them have all cheated on each other. "I just think he's left her with a £5 Million house and she must be laughing. Unless she owns the house, because he's right up to his eyes in debt"
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Agree with this.

Think he already has because, if I remember correctly, everything is in Anthea's name.

Except that, annoyingly, his latest bird is apparently an 'heiress' so no doubt that's his line of credit well and truly extended :mad:
    "Interior designer Miss de Mallet Morgan comes from wealthy country stock. Her parents Tommy and Louise are millionaires."
    I'd recommend that Tommy and Louise cut her lines of credit until this loser is out of her life.
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh wow I forgot about that, yes she did I do remember now. KARMA eh?
  • tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatsia wrote: »
    Except that, annoyingly, his latest bird is apparently an 'heiress' so no doubt that's his line of credit well and truly extended :mad:
    "Interior designer Miss de Mallet Morgan comes from wealthy country stock. Her parents Tommy and Louise are millionaires."
    I'd recommend that Tommy and Louise cut her lines of credit until this loser is out of her life.
    Ugh, that makes him even more of a douchebag - he's managed to make sure he's fallen for someone who can bankroll him yet again. Yuck.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    tenorlady wrote: »
    Ugh, that makes him even more of a douchebag - he's managed to make sure he's fallen for someone who can bankroll him yet again. Yuck.

True love conquers all :(
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    di60 wrote: »
    Theirs is clearly a relationship that is strong enough to weather any storm. ‘Everyone said our marriage wouldn’t last,’ she recalled. ‘I wouldn’t have stuck around if any of the horrible things people say about Grant were true.

‘Many celebrity marriages have fallen apart with far less pressure than we have had. I prefer my financial woes to having infidelity issues with my husband.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1254243/Bankrupt-Grant-Bovey-admits-let-wife-Anthea-Turner-down.html#ixzz221tsoeiy

you were saying Anth?

:D:D

I'm wondering if this affair is just another one of their money making scams

seems like she should have been worrying about both at the time....

So, when she later read newspaper reports revealing that rumours about the pair have been circulating for two years, she was, says the friend, ‘completely floored’.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2183458/The-sex-text-taught-Anthea-feels-like-pushy-blonde-steals-husband.html#ixzz22ZY82M5C

chin up Anth...... at least all the chattels are in your name ;)