What's the cheapest unlimited broadband without line rental

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
Forum Member
I'm shopping round and was wondering what is the cheapest unlimited package but I do not want line rental

Comments

• joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member
    I'm shopping round and was wondering what is the cheapest unlimited package but I do not want line rental

Only Virgin offers Broadband without the Line Rental but only if you live in a Cable TV area
  • rjb101rjb101 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you say you don't want line rental is that because you have a land line providor and don't want to change or you use a mobile and don't want to pay for the use of a landline.

If it's the later then it's only Virgin afaik, and then only if you live in the right place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    rjb101 wrote: »
    When you say you don't want line rental is that because you have a land line providor and don't want to change or you use a mobile and don't want to pay for the use of a landline.

If it's the later then it's only Virgin afaik, and then only if you live in the right place.

I'm currently on O2 all rounder with out line rental I was just wondering if there is any cheaper packages around ? I currently use my mobile for all calls as I have unlimited calls if I need to phone a 0845/70 number guaranteed I can find a landline alternative so I don't see the point in paying for line rental when I'm not going to use it
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently on O2 all rounder with out line rental I was just wondering if there is any cheaper packages around ? I currently use my mobile for all calls as I have unlimited calls if I need to phone a 0845/70 number guaranteed I can find a landline alternative so I don't see the point in paying for line rental when I'm not going to use it
    You cannot get broadband over a phone line without paying line rental. There is no way round that.

Your only options are some form of wireless broadband or Virgin cable if you don't want to pay line rental.
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    You cannot get broadband over a phone line without paying line rental. There is no way round that.

Your only options are some form of wireless broadband or Virgin cable if you don't want to pay line rental.

I'm on O2 and I don't pay any line rental what so ever just £12.50 for bb
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on O2 and I don't pay any line rental what so ever just £12.50 for bb
    In that case whoever is providing your phone line is not billing you for the service. Or you are on O2's 12 month half price broadband and line rental package offer.
    Forum Member
    I used to have line rental with bt early last year when I plugged a phone into the socket there is a dial tone but it will not let you dial out I've been paying £12.50 for broadband only for nearly a year. I don't know what's happening but I'm not complaining
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to have line rental with bt early last year when I plugged a phone into the socket there is a dial tone but it will not let you dial out I've been paying £12.50 for broadband only for nearly a year. I don't know what's happening but I'm not complaining
    That sounds like BT have ceased the line. Which means that it will likely go completely dead at some random point in time.

In fact it is amazing your broadband is working as normally that would cease at the same time. But then that does rely on the different service providers talking to each other. But there is no way you can get broadband without an active phone line so if you DO change providers and your line is actually ceased then you are going to have to re-activate the line and start paying rental for it.
  • rjb101rjb101 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

looks like you'll be staying with 02 then :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rjb101 wrote: »
    looks like you'll be staying with 02 then :D
    And always the risk Openreach will decide they need that pair of wires for something else :eek: