Series 7b: Information for Every Episode So Far (Spoilers)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Thought it might be useful to create a thread for all the information about the second part of Series 7 released so far! I've put down the presumed the dates, if the series runs uninterrupted. Let me know if I've missed anything, and I'll update it with any new info that comes out over time.

Coming Soon Trailer

Series 7 UK Trailer

Series 7 US Trailer

Ep.7 - The Bells of Saint John - 30/3/2013 6:15pm
Written by Stephen Moffat

Synopsis: "The Doctor’s search for Clara Oswald brings him to modern day London, where wifi is everywhere. Humanity lives in a wifi soup. But something dangerous is lurking in the signals, picking off minds and imprisoning them. As Clara becomes the target of this insidious menace, the Doctor races to save her and the world from an ancient enemy."

Prologue

TV Trailer

Clip: The Actual Plane?
Clip: Doctor Who?
Clip: Westminster Bridge
Clip: The Quadricycle!
Clip: New Clothes

New Poster Art
(Thanks to CD93 for the list of links)

Notes: -Features enemies called 'Spoonheads'.

Ep.7 - The Rings of Akhaten - 6/04/13, 6:15pm
Written by Neil Cross

Synopsis: "Clara wants to see something awesome, so the Doctor whisks her off to the inhabited rings of the planet Akhaten, where the Festival of Offerings is in full swing. Clara meets the young Queen of Years as the pilgrims and natives ready for the ceremony. But something is stirring in the pyramid, and a sacrifice will be demanded."

Notes:
-The alien enemy in the glass cage is called 'The Mummy'.
-Matt Smith has said that there are "between 50 and 60 prosthetic aliens" in a scene set in an alien market.
-The helmeted aliens are called the Vigil.

Ep.8 - Cold War - 13/04/13
Written by Mark Gatiss

Synopsis: "The Doctor and Clara land on a damaged Russian Submarine in 1983 as it spirals out of control into the ocean depths. An alien creature is loose on board, having escaped from a block of Arctic ice. With tempers flaring and a cargo of nuclear weapons on board, it’s not just the crew but the whole of humanity at stake!"

Notes:
-Features the return of the Ice Warriors.

Ep.9 - Hide - 20/04/13
Written by Neil Cross

Synopsis: "Clara and the Doctor arrive at Caliburn House, a haunted mansion sat alone on a desolate moor. Within its walls, a ghost hunting Professor and a gifted psychic are searching for the Witch of the Well. Her apparition appears throughout the history of the building, but is she really a ghost? And what is chasing her?"

Ep.10 - Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS - 27/04/13
Written by Stephen Thompson

Notes:
-We are going to see more of the TARDIS than ever before.
-Features three brothers as an "intergalactic salvage crew".

Ep.11 - The Crimson Horror - 4/05/13
Written by Mark Gatiss

Notes:
-Strax, Madame Vastra and Jenny appear in this episode.
-It will be told from their point of view for the audience "to see them tackle a case of their own, and stumble across the Doctor's path, quite accidentally" (Moffat)
-It's "joyously camp".

Ep.12 - Nightmare in Silver (previously titled The Last Cyberman) - 11/05/13
Written by Neil Gaiman

Notes:
-Features the return of the Cyberman, with a redesign.
-The intention was to make them scary again.
-Warwick Davies stars as a character named Porridge.

Ep.13 - Title Unknown - 18/05/13
Written by Stephen Moffat

Notes:
-Features the return of River Song, and apparently Strax, Madame Vastra and Jenny.
-New faces called the 'Whispermen' feature.
-Some scenes are set in Victorian England

Comments

• JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No 2 parters ? :(
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    As Moffat said last year, no 2 parters :)
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I guess "the crimson horror" is our "Doctor-Lite" episode this year?:confused:
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't have to be a bad thing. In Blink 10 and Martha had smaller roles. Sally was the main person and it was a good scary episode. Wondere if he based it on little shop of horrors. Suppose to be about a
    plant that lives off human blood.
    . Sure there are going to be some classic moments in 7.2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many episode 7s are we having then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many episode 7s are we having then?

Whoops, the Bells of Saint John should be episode 6. I can't seem to edit it...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Crimson Horror was in the same filming block as The Snowmen, and according to GB Matt was seen in the majority of the filmed scenes, so there's no guarantee that it's Doctor-lite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the main area is The Crimson Horror is "focused" on Strax, Madame Vastra an Jenny than Doctor and Clara....but i do think by what i have seen/read 11 and Clara will still be prominant so it wont be a "Doctor-Lite"...not always keen on "Lite" episodes myself....but tbh i wont mind as i adore that trio of Vastra, Jenny and Strax :D should be a real fun episode i reckon :D

But i deffo agree that we are gonna have a load of classic moments this run :)