I Want Albums For My Journeys to Work

mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,390
Forum Member
Well...per the thread title really.

I've given up trying to find something good to listen to on breakfast radio, so thought I'd ask you lovely lot for your album recommendations.

I'll try and get through one per day.

I'm open to listening to anything. The only thing I'm not much of a fan of is country music, but if there's a country album that you feel that passionately about, then I may give it a go!

So...fire away! :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Um well it depends what you're looking for, as in upbeat, etc.. But I would recommend

Andrea Begley - The Message

It's mainly a cover album but it's great imo... Her take on the songs are superb but she does have two originals and the standout one for me is title track "The Message", it's honestly amazing. Her voice is angelic and relaxing, great start to the day.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gabrielle Aplin's English rain is such a good album to listen when driving
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    One of my favourite albums to listen to while driving is Mariah Carey - Butterfly

Mix of uptempo/ slow songs, R&B/ Soul/ Hip-hop. A lot of laid back songs, beautifully written and produced.
  • mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,390
    Forum Member
    Thanks - have made a note of them and will get them over the weekend to start on Monday.

As for tempo etc.... Well, I'm not really fussed. It's just a way of listening to something different every day, whether it's slow or fast, pop/rock or whatever.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd recommend Britney Spears - In The Zone, I realise Britney is a bit of a marmite artist these days but that album is great and always get's me pumped up : )
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,913
    Forum Member
    If you want something laid back, I recommend "Once I Was An Eagle" by Laura Marling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my recent discoveries from Spotify is Chris and Thomas. I bought their Land of Sea album and it has great songs.
    Linky
  • EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    I really love listening to Leona Lewis' Echo while commuting. I love listening to Eva Cassidy's album Songbird too.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Machine Head - Deep Purple.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Train
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give these a go if you're into trying new stuff. All very different but 3 of the best albums of this year:

Julia Holter - Loud City Song (art pop/avant-garde)
    Bill Callahan - Dream River (folk/alt-country)
    Forest Swords - Engravings (electronic/experimental)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I've had Aiden Grimshaw's Misty Eye in the car for weeks. (I just wish it was a bit longer!)
  • RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke Reid wrote: »
    Um well it depends what you're looking for, as in upbeat, etc.. But I would recommend

Andrea Begley - The Message

It's mainly a cover album but it's great imo... Her take on the songs are superb but she does have two originals and the standout one for me is title track "The Message", it's honestly amazing. Her voice is angelic and relaxing, great start to the day.

17.36 - you have just brought the album and listened to one track.

17.43 - your recommending the whole album to someone. That is one extremely short album....

I'd take that recommendation with a pinch of salt...
  • speigelspeigel Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    made in japan by deep purple
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holy Ghost! have just released 'Dynamics', go check out their stuff on amazon/soundcloud.
    And no, they're not a christian rock band! More disco/rock with a modern twist. Gr8 hooks/melodies too
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest (Indie Folk)

Miley cyrus - Bangerz :oBuy it on iTunes now
  • flyonthetableflyonthetable Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Adele - 21
  • fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this reminds me of that old music thread where someone was reviewing a different album every day
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Escape - Future Perfect
    The band is not well-known but their music is absolutely flawless. This album is definitely worth checking out. It's electronica/synthpop heavily influenced by acts like Depeche Mode, amongst others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rocketpop wrote: »
    17.36 - you have just brought the album and listened to one track.

17.43 - your recommending the whole album to someone. That is one extremely short album....

I'd take that recommendation with a pinch of salt...

I was able to listen to the album before buying it lol. I wouldn't of recommend it without listening to it all. But thanks for trying to be smart. ;)
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ABBA - The Visitors
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manic Street Preachers-The Holy Bible
    The Smiths-The Queen Is Dead
  • MybelleMybelle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Hurts - Happiness. It's probably my favourite album, great for putting on and singing along like an idiot lol Their second album Exile is good too, but much darker.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray of Light- Madonna.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABBA - The Visitors

GOOD TASTE!