F1 Coverage - The Verdict: 2013 Season

Comments

• Pete_ukPete_uk Posts: 2,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dansus wrote: »
    Dorna's output looked amazing on the beeb, makes you wonder why FOM's picture cant be as good.

I came here to post this:

'I don't know if it was the feed, the artificial lights or something to do with BBC 2 HD but the MotoGP picture last night was beautiful.'

So at least it wasn't just the fact that I had my glasses on then!

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Back to F1
    Hope you remember me asking you good folk last year about my Daughters F1 scholorship
    She has had a packed and enjoyable year and now into her second
    She has been offered a couple of job connections in the industry making me a proud Mum
    Her tales of the F1 family shows them to be such a friendly bunch
    I had my reservations for her spending a few years away, no need
    I flew out last year to the US GP to be with her, my first ever live foreign GP, Mum approved
    Hated the US though

Not sure if anyone is interested, but may be able to get some half price silvertsone GP corporate packages through my Daughter

Remember seeing your daughter in the local rag down here about that too, sounds like a good crack and future career for her and you.

Your tickets may not go down well on here, most here whine about the £10 a month or so for sky a month, joking of course!
    Forum Member
    Pete_uk wrote: »
    I came here to post this:

'I don't know if it was the feed, the artificial lights or something to do with BBC 2 HD but the MotoGP picture last night was beautiful.'

So at least it wasn't just the fact that I had my glasses on then!

:D

I watched for a very short time yesterday on the HD channel while channel hopping and the HD picture quality did look good. It was on Eurosport too and they both compared well. Europsort HD picture is normally a very high quality.
    Perhaps the move of the BBC 2 HD channel has given it a bit of a boost, as the BBC F1 hd picture was poor last year.
    Must admit though I do find motorcycling perhaps the dullest motorsport to watch. Except the tedious Porsche cup series!
  • User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the IR last night from Mosport, looked fantastic in 60FPS and had a rawness onboard that the F1 loses, the camera angle and fov made the action seem much faster. The newer F1 tracks look so clean santised with acres of concrete everywhere, Mosport looked a little tired but it made for much better visuals and a more 'organic' feel if that makes sense.

I can't wait for this weekend, I know the majority of this thread is all about F1 and only F1, but I can't wait to get over to Silverstone for the WEC...

I am paying £30 a ticket though, not sure if thats seen as scandalous or a bargain on here.
  • dansusdansus Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am paying £30 a ticket though, not sure if thats seen as scandalous or a bargain on here.

Its a steal, especially compared to the cost of going to Lemans.
  • kirstiemcnabbkirstiemcnabb Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    lettice wrote: »
    Remember seeing your daughter in the local rag down here about that too, sounds like a good crack and future career for her and you.

Your tickets may not go down well on here, most here whine about the £10 a month or so for sky a month, joking of course!

Bless you

Actually a good response
    Gone already
  • Chris_WilliamsChris_Williams Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Jonpollak wrote: »
    Live..from your front room..
    BRILLIANT !
    Jp

......of course only the Moto GP was live :p
  • mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    A question :

If Mrs T's ceremonial funeral is on Saturday, does this mean no Qualifying coverage of the Chinese Grand Prix?
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,849
    Forum Member
    The live coverage is scheduled to end at 8:30am. Not sure how the replay later on in the day would be affected.
  • stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,060
    Forum Member
    mikw wrote: »
    A question :

If Mrs T's ceremonial funeral is on Saturday, does this mean no Qualifying coverage of the Chinese Grand Prix?

Why shouldn't there be any coverage? They're showing it live in the early hours anyway. They can stick the rerun on BBC2 if they have to
  • BenFranklinBenFranklin Posts: 5,814
    Forum Member
    A question :

Live coverage is so early in the morning that there is no chance of a clash. The re run would probably be shifted onto BBC2, where the current programmes at that time are repeats of University Challenge and Just a Minute.
  • User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a steal, especially compared to the cost of going to Lemans.

I used to pay religiously to attend the British GP but when you'll pay £300 for the same seat you'll have for £30 at the WEC or BTCC etc it gets really hard to justify. I've seen Silverstone improve immeasurably since 2007 but it's still a rip off. I've done the general admission, grandstand seats etc....and there's quite a difference in experience but none of it was justifiable price wise to me (I like to think I'm realistic with expectations). Last year we were very lucky with being given tickets (FIA contact :cool: ) but this year I'm struggling to justify it.

I can't wait to see the Toyota at the WEC on Sunday, saw it in the flesh last september for the first time and was in love, sounds amazing compared to the hairdryer Audi.
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    Live coverage is so early in the morning that there is no chance of a clash. The re run would probably be shifted onto BBC2, where the current programmes at that time are repeats of University Challenge and Just a Minute.

Yeah, sorry, i forgot to put the word "rerun" into my post.
    Forum Member
    R410 wrote: »

Times have changed. I remember as a lad the 1970s JPS black and gold cars emblazoned with cigarette ads. Now a girly pefume for men.

Good to see GT out and about, miss her!
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A question :

I would be sick if that were the case. Awful woman who need no funeral at all. Chuck her down a mine she closed or something.

I'm not sad at all.

Ken
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    Times have changed. I remember as a lad the 1970s JPS black and gold cars emblazoned with cigarette ads. Now a girly pefume for men.

Good to see GT out and about, miss her!

I'd rather bathe in Horse muck. :cool:

Ken
  • JonpollakJonpollak Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to F1

I flew out last year to the US GP
    Hated the US though

Curious as to how/why you 'hated' the US?
    ......of course only the Moto GP was live :p

Mine was more a commentary on your stream of conscience post.

Jp
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,503
    Forum Member
    Pete_uk wrote: »
    The Red Button SD stream for the ancillary coverage looked pretty good as well
  • RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the floodlights helped - well lit events seem to suit HD better
  • EchtiEchti Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    Dorna's output looked amazing on the beeb, makes you wonder why FOM's picture cant be as good.

I also found MotoGP's on-screen graphics system way more effective and useful than the current FOM one.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,503
    Forum Member
    Of course they have to be more re-active to position changes. ;)
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to pay religiously to attend the British GP but when you'll pay £300 for the same seat you'll have for £30 at the WEC or BTCC etc it gets really hard to justify. I've seen Silverstone improve immeasurably since 2007 but it's still a rip off. I've done the general admission, grandstand seats etc....and there's quite a difference in experience but none of it was justifiable price wise to me (I like to think I'm realistic with expectations). Last year we were very lucky with being given tickets (FIA contact :cool: ) but this year I'm struggling to justify it.

Yep - it's well overpriced. But to be fair to Silverstone, that's the price it needs to be to make the contractual mathematics (just barely) work.
    R410 wrote: »

Warning: link contains tenuous excuse for printing photos of GT in just her bra. Good old DF.

I can't quite put into words, but there's something about the face of Sure Men being a woman that's, well, y'know.
    gomezz wrote: »
    Of course they have to be more re-active to position changes. ;)

The Moto2 and Moto3 coverage wouldn't make sense without...
  • F1-AddictF1-Addict Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ESPN will be showing the next three IndyCar rounds live in the UK which includes Long Island, Sao Paulo & the Indy 500. More info - http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/groups/indycar/forum/topic/long-beach-sao-paulo-and-indianapolis-to-be-shown-live-in-uk/.

Also I don't know if it's worth reading much into Keith Huewen's following tweet but I'll leave it here anyway;

Keith Huewen @KeithHuewen
    "@steffensmark: when is the Indy Car back on Keith?" It's only on ESPN in the UK now, with big change once BT Sport takes over in July. - 7:45 PM - 8 Apr 13
  • pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of interest, as I don't follow Indycars that much, what are ESPN UK doing with the series? Are they using studio presentation like Sky or just joining US coverage before the race and disappearing when it's done?
This discussion has been closed.