YouView From BT Packages

13»

Comments

• VisionMan1VisionMan1 Posts: 2,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indiekid76 wrote: »
    Wait, I'm wrong ;) You can get all the episodes, the interface is just not as good as the proper BBC TV Application.

The iPlayer application on BT Vision is just awful. But you probably already knew that! :D

But I've read critics reviews stating that on YouView it's excellent. Quite a smooth experience, by all accounts. And very comprehensive, too.
  • GiovanGiovan Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1andrew1 wrote: »
    TalkTalk's YouView service offers them though https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/info/tv/tv-extras/boost/espn

True. I am going to be signing up with them in october.

I am just worried about their broadband. I have never had a problem with my previous providers but I hear theirs can be shocking.
  • promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Giovan wrote: »
    True. I am going to be signing up with them in october.

I am just worried about their broadband. I have never had a problem with my previous providers but I hear theirs can be shocking.

I've never had TT BB myself but I have to admit that I've been put off them. My boss used to be connected to them in the office but he would frequently go an afternoon with no service because of errors on their part. He ended up moving over to a BT Business plan instead.

Saying that though, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have had no problems with TT and are happy with their service. It's luck of the draw like with any provider I suppose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    VisionMan1 wrote: »
    The iPlayer application on BT Vision is just awful. But you probably already knew that! :D

But I've read critics reviews stating that on YouView it's excellent. Quite a smooth experience, by all accounts. And very comprehensive, too.

I never got the software update when I had Vision, so never got to try it, but I know everyone hated it. It's brilliant on YouView though.

I have thought of one advantage with Sky now, just to appease the Skyaholics, you can fast forward/rewind it easily; I hate the jumped skip.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indiekid76 wrote: »
    I never got the software update when I had Vision, so never got to try it, but I know everyone hated it. It's brilliant on YouView though.

I have thought of one advantage with Sky now, just to appease the Skyaholics, you can fast forward/rewind it easily; I hate the jumped skip.

Well that will have people cancelling sky in droves.

So is there no content that Bt has that sky doesn't?

At the moment, BT is like TUTV, it is just a little add on to freeview. Hopefully that will change.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will you stop this baiting please.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Well that will have people cancelling sky in droves.

So is there no content that Bt has that sky doesn't?

At the moment, BT is like TUTV, it is just a little add on to freeview. Hopefully that will change.

Jesus! I pay through the nose for Sky, Vision is a fiver. Who is arguing that in its current state that BT is better?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    montycat wrote: »
    You would presumably still have to purchase separately additional boxes at their full retail cost (or obtain second hand ones). Something different from Virgin say which as part of their premier package (£48 pm) offer an extra HD box.

Whilst true, montycat, think of it in more basic terms.

£49 for a YouView from BT box plus £5 x 12 months = £109, plus the cost of a retail box at £250 equals a total of £359. And the eqpt is then yours to keep.

Whereas the Virgin offer you quote above is £48 x 12 months = £576.
    And the eqpt is only leased, not yours.

So it's swings and roundabouts I suppose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst true, montycat, think of it in more basic terms.

£49 for a YouView from BT box plus £5 x 12 months = £109, plus the cost of a retail box at £250 equals a total of £359. And the eqpt is then yours to keep.

Whereas the Virgin offer you quote above is £48 x 12 months = £576.
    And the eqpt is only leased, not yours.

So it's swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Yeah but virgin has premium channels and sport. Youview doesn't. Until it does, just how many are going to opt for it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but virgin has premium channels and sport. Youview doesn't. Until it does, just how many are going to opt for it?

Hence my 'swings and roundabouts' comment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hence my 'swings and roundabouts' comment.

You were making a direct price comparison. £109 vs. £576.

I was simply pointing out that the price difference reflects the fact that with that year of virgin you get premium channels. That is why the price is different.
  • muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question

My exchange isn't Fibre enabled , what does the BT Vision service offer a customer on ADSL with estimated speeds of around 8mb ?

What's Vision Unlimited ?
    What's Vision Film ?
    Are linear channels only available via Infinity ?
    Is there any HD content , is there a list on the web for the OD content.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Question

My exchange isn't Fibre enabled , what does the BT Vision service offer a customer on ADSL with estimated speeds of around 8mb ?

What's Vision Film ?
    The main thing that BT gives adsl customers is promises, promises, and more promises......................It has taught me to only sign up when the service is up and running.
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arirsole wrote: »
    It has taught me to only sign up when the service is up and running.
    That's solid advice for any TV platform including Smart TVs.
  • promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question

What's Vision Film ?

Have a look here for listings http://www.btvision.bt.com/listings/on-demand/tv

Vision Unlimited is the option with a set monthly fee. The other option is a pay as you go one where you'd pay per programme you choose to view.

As for linear channels, yes they're going to be Infinity only. Non-Infinity Vision customers are believed to be receiving a 'best of' the weeks programmes via catch-up services.