A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Mimi I'm good thanks finally got round to my History essay so have Mussolini on the brain :p how's the interview prep going :)?
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Afternoon HM! How are you getting on with the history essay? I'm doing my own essay at the moment. L.A. wants it in by 5pm tomorrow :o:p
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,956
    Forum Member
    Did anyone watch "The Wire" when it was on? I've found it on Demand. I heard great things about it. Time to give it a go.

I like "Scandal" too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's started that is the main thing :p And tomorrow ouch how much have you done :)?

No it like breaking bad I have yet to watch when things are so readily hyped it makes me almost not want to watch it :p
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    It's started that is the main thing :p And tomorrow ouch how much have you done :)?

That's good :p Well I've got til 5pm tomorrow. I've loads of notes, I'm in the process of typing 'em up. I hope L.A. will be happy with it or I'll need the live bees :D Notice my new location? ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate that shuffling through old notes looking for the decent ones to give you what you need well it is for me as I'm so disorganised :D and yes I did :p
    Forum Member
    I hate that shuffling through old notes looking for the decent ones to give you what you need well it is for me as I'm so disorganised :D and yes I did :p

Yeah I did that with my last assignment as well, but L.A. doesn't notice I do it :p I thought it was appropriate as I'm always trying to avoid her :D I have an Equity lecture with her tomorrow evening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as you manage to string it all together and make it cohesive it's fine :p And you can only avoid her for so long I suppose :D
    Forum Member
    As long as you manage to string it all together and make it cohesive it's fine :p And you can only avoid her for so long I suppose :D

Yeah I hope to :p I try to avoid her as much as possible outside lectures. She's crazy! She broke my Macbook charger after all. :o
    Forum Member
    Evening

Took a little drive earlier so that I know exactly where I'm going for my interview tomorrow. I've spent the last half an hour researching/reading Code of Conduct etc. I'm relaxing with a cup of tea now. I'll be gutted if I don't get this job tomorrow. It's exactly what I need (full time).

I think that I need to watch "The Wire" when everyone is out. My Mum was talking through it. I agree about "Breaking Bad" too, Hav. I think that I've seen the first episode but that's it. I watched it on Netflix.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long s your clued up confident and show that your more than able and want the job it will come across, and either way it is all experience, good luck with it Mimi :)

Yeah I watch programs on my own otherwise someone inevitably talks through it, mind you when others are watching something I talk through it so swings and roundabouts :p And I just hate being told to watch something it's like Game Of Thrones I'd rather watch it when all the hype fades and I an judge it on my own viewing :).
    Forum Member
    As long s your clued up confident and show that your more than able and want the job it will come across, and either way it is all experience, good luck with it Mimi :)

Exactly. Isn't that the idea of an interview? To prove that you're able for the job? :p See, I learned something in Labour Law :D
    Forum Member
    Morning!
    Forum Member
    Afternoon.

What a day! I went for the interview this morning only to be told that my application will not be processed because I do not have a full birth certificate ( my parents only ever had the smaller version that had my name on it, as opposed to to the one with their names on it too).

So I've had to pay £20 to get a full birth certificate just now. I sat for 2 hours filling out various forms for this job earlier on. I've got to work out how to use the scanner upstairs to send my birth certificate so that my application will be processed.

I'm glad to be home with a cup of tea in comfortable clothes and no make-up now! :)

How are you all?
    Forum Member
    Finally got my essay done :D Got a lecture with L.A. at 6 so I'm listening to some Britney to get in the right mood for it :p
    Forum Member
    Hi CNBC :)

What tracks are you listening to?

I'm listening to the Beautiful South at the moment. My parents played them a lot in the car when I was a child. Haven't heard them for years.

Damn! My battery light has just flashed. Looks as if I'll be logging off for a couple of hours just as I'm relaxing. Typical!

Speak to you all in a bit
    Forum Member
    I'm listening to Slave 4 U at the moment. It suits L.A. quite well as her students essentially become her slaves :p She's just walked into the lecture hall and it looks like she's bought some new clothes :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awe that's a pain Mimi my mum has lost mine so I too need a replacement :p But hopefully your application gets processed :)

How's you CNBC :)?
    Forum Member
    I'm as fine as I can be when stuck in a lecture hall with L.A. for two hours :( I need some entertainment :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha is it that bad you'll be snoozing on the desk before you know it :D
    Forum Member
    It is :( She's prattling on about constructive trusts at the moment :p I couldn't think of anything more boring. I'm browsing DS and Exhale to keep myself amused :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea what that is but it does sound decidedly dull :D
    Forum Member
    I have no idea what that is but it does sound decidedly dull :D

It is :p Just had a look at the lecture notes and constructive trusts are something to do with a fiduciary relationship but that doesn't mean anything either :confused: L.A.'s lecture notes can be a bit vague sometimes :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was literally like reading another language :D They may be vague but you have a btter chance of understanding them than me :p
    Forum Member
    That was literally like reading another language :D They may be vague but you have a btter chance of understanding them than me :p

Haha maybe I should find the real definition :p Well I do my best to understand them. L.A. just asked me about my essay :p Nosey cow! I was listening to Britney while working on a question and she comes along and talks to me >:(