What time will 5S/5C preorders start?

irvin38Airvin38A Posts: 797
Forum Member
✭✭
Just wondering if the preorders will open at midnight or in the morning ie 8/9am.

Anyone know?

Thanks

Comments

• Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Questions like this remind me of this clip from Futurama :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4qqapWrrsk

Would try at midnight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no pre-order system for the 5s. It's only for the 5c.
  • irvin38Airvin38A Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no pre-order system for the 5s. It's only for the 5c.

Oh right. Ok. Thanks for that. Thought it was just apple not taking preorders and not the networks.
  • gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irvin38A wrote: »
    Just wondering if the preorders will open at midnight or in the morning ie 8/9am.

Anyone know?

Thanks

So far Apple have only confirmed the date and not the times. The American networks have said they will accept pre orders from 12am which points to 9am UK time.

Thats pretty much all we know for now.
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,594
    Forum Member
    gary77 wrote: »
    So far Apple have only confirmed the date and not the times. The American networks have said they will accept pre orders from 12am which points to 9am UK time

8 hour time difference.

Last year (and prior to that) preorders started at 8am UK time (midnight PST).

It's likely it will be the same.
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    Pre orders have opened for iPhone 5C on the Apple store and on the UK network websites. I wouldn't rush though especially if ordering on a contract. The contract prices are absolutely crazy and have me quite concerned over what the networks will be asking for a 5S when they finally get around to releasing the information which should have been available the second Tim stopped talking!
  • paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davethorp wrote: »
    Pre orders have opened for iPhone 5C on the Apple store and on the UK network websites. I wouldn't rush though especially if ordering on a contract. The contract prices are absolutely crazy and have me quite concerned over what the networks will be asking for a 5S when they finally get around to releasing the information which should have been available the second Tim stopped talking!

EE prices for the 5s are available on the site now. Eye watering.
  • Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davethorp wrote: »

Quite.

The iPhone 5c seems to be more expensive than the iPhone 5 was last year!
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Threes prices for the 5C are up, I thinks my daughters best get down to the Three store to get a 5 before they're gone.
    http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/Apple/iPhone_5c?id=sm_5cpot
  • mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    It's just over £200 cheaper over the two years to buy the 5c outright and get a £15 One Plan SIM-only than it is to get the phone subsidised. Not even a contest as far as I'm concerned, not that I'll be buying that awful monstrosity mind - still unsure as to who thought the 5c ws a good idea...
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Threes prices for the 5C are up, I thinks my daughters best get down to the Three store to get a 5 before they're gone.
    http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/Apple/iPhone_5c?id=sm_5cpot

Is your daughter made of money? Those prices are a rip off.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Is your daughter made of money? Those prices are a rip off.

That's why I said she should go for a 5 instead as they're alot cheaper.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    That's why I said she should go for a 5 instead as they're alot cheaper.

Ah right. Yeh I thought you said 5C.
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,594
    Forum Member
    Anyone waiting for the 5s and wants to order online, looks like Apple have changed the start time from previous years.

From 12:01am on the 20th according to their email.

ehe6ebus.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d123 wrote: »
    Anyone waiting for the 5s and wants to order online, looks like Apple have changed the start time from previous years.

ehe6ebus.jpg

I'm not sure what to do about this. I don't want to end up waiting four weeks like I did for my iPhone 5. But, they've changed the colour of the black one and I want to see what it actually looks like before I order.
  • irvin38Airvin38A Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d123 wrote: »

ehe6ebus.jpg

Wonder if the networks online upgrades will be selling at same time then or later on at stores opening time.