Mariah Carey & Miguel - #Beautiful

LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
Forum Member
✭✭✭
https://soundcloud.com/mariahcarey-1/beautiful

I love it! No idea why she's included the hashtag, though.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I like the summery feel, its good plus i love Miguel. However it needed more Mariah feels like she is a guest vocalist on her own song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    OK, let's start with the pros. It doesn't sound as horrible as 'Triumphant' nor as boring as 'Almost Home'. However, she sounds like a featured artist on her own (third attempt at a) lead single and her vocals sound strained and unclear. I think this song would work better if it was solo, but I'm afraid that if I had to only keep one artist on the track, it would be Mariah who I'd remove. :(
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree about the vocals, I think she sounds strained on Triumphant and over-processed on Almost Home, but this has neither. Probably because there are no big "Mariah" notes... By big, I mean belts.

My beef with the song is that, although I really do like it, it doesn't sound like a lead single. There's no hook. Even Triumphant had that catchy get 'em get 'em get 'em, hit 'em hit 'em hit 'em.
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really like this!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I like it. its growin on me with each listen. its def v different for her.

I reckon there will still be big belt type song on album thou.

cant wait play it in car in the sun
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's nice and different for Mariah. I'm still trying to digest it all!! Not sure at the moment if I think there should be more Mariah on there. I like Miguel's parts though. I can't wait for it to be available on itunes. I need it now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listening to it now with my headphones. I love it. It is beautiful and the production is so good and clean. Much improved on the production of Triumphant. Miguel sounds smooth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    OK, let's start with the pros. It doesn't sound as horrible as 'Triumphant' nor as boring as 'Almost Home'. However, she sounds like a featured artist on her own (third attempt at a) lead single and her vocals sound strained and unclear. I think this song would work better if it was solo, but I'm afraid that if I had to only keep one artist on the track, it would be Mariah who I'd remove. :(

To say that her vocals sound strained is not very accurate. For a voice to sound strained it has to be doing something difficult and strenuous.There is nothing in this song that is difficult for mariah, even in her current vocal condition. She sounds raspy, that's a fair description but not strained.
    I however personally like how she sounds on this and if she can still sound #Beautiful and put out music like this then go'head gurl!
  • FifiLorenzFifiLorenz Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Loving this!

I would love to hear a Mariah only version but nonetheless I think the song's great!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, the vocal production is a good thing. It's not acrobatic heavy, which means she's going to be able to sing it live! Fans have been saying for years how they'd rather Mariah make songs in the studio that she can actually sing live instead of relying on technical magic. And she's fine with doing whistles live - it's belting she can't really do anymore, so I think she'll even manage the last one live too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's out on itunes! Just downloaded it.

I don't think that big vocals would suit the song anyway and I agree it's better that she makes songs that she can reproduce live. We all know that she can blow in the studio, but the song structures don't suit live performances. Too many overlapping vocals. Even Mariah in her prime would have trouble singing some of her recent songs live.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's out on itunes! Just downloaded it.

I don't think that big vocals would suit the song anyway and I agree it's better that she makes songs that she can reproduce live. We all know that she can blow in the studio, but the song structures don't suit live performances. Too many overlapping vocals. Even Mariah in her prime would have trouble singing some of her recent songs live.

I can't find it on itunes :mad:
  • Damon_JacksonDamon_Jackson Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    I can't find it on itunes :mad:

Apparently it's out on Ireland iTunes. I'm pretty sure it's not on the UK one yet, though.

I love the song.. it's nice to see her not oversinging just for the sake of it. It's a chilled, laid back track which is pleasant on the ears.. I don't even care if it doesn't smash on the charts, it's a great song. Well done Mimi. :cool:

EDIT: Just found it this second. :D
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/beautiful-feat.-miguel-single/id644801434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, it's on UK. Just search Mariah Carey Beautiful and it's like the bottom option.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently it's out on Ireland iTunes. I'm pretty sure it's not on the UK one yet, though.

I love the song.. it's nice to see her not oversinging just for the sake of it. It's a chilled, laid back track which is pleasant on the ears.. I don't even care if it doesn't smash on the charts, it's a great song. Well done Mimi. :cool:

Exactly! She's still got it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like it. It's not her typical sound but it works well. It's definitely better than Triumphant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's getting great reviews so far, though most critics do point out that it probably won't be a hit because it's not what the charts are playing at the minute. Also, one points out that Miguel is the lead writer of the song...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Just bought it.

I hope it appears on US itunes chart soon.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Ohhhh I like it! :D

I had very low expectations due to the last couple of flops from Mimi but this has surprised me! Go Mariah!
  • da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it very much
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #93 on iTunes US, and it's only out for an hour. Plus it has a radio deal today. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was searching for it on itunes and couldn't find it then I put the hash tag in front of beautiful and I found it lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stevie_Lo wrote: »
    Just bought it.

I hope it appears on US itunes chart soon.

Apparently it's already 119 on the US itunes chart. That's what they are saying over at the UKMIX forums.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iamstrong wrote: »
    #93 on iTunes US, and it's only out for an hour. Plus it has a radio deal today. :D

Even better!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even better!!

#80 now