Catteries in Birmingham

DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey all. I've recently moved into the Birmingham area and need to look for a cattery for 1 week for our 3 year old cat. Being new means I don't know the area too well, and don't know of any reputable places. Is there anyone who can recommend one? We've found one decent one, but it's over £10 per night, which I think is too expensive.

Comments

• MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,781
    Forum Member
    I live on the Herts/London borders so I can't help but I think £10 a night seems very reasonable for one cat and seems to be the standard charge for most catteries. I pay less per cat only because of multi-cat discounts but it still costs me about £24/night to board my 3 cats. I'm not sure you're going to find anywhere reputable for much cheaper than that but you could google local catteries, they normally advertise their prices on their websites. Or just make lots of phone calls via the phone directory, that's how I found many catteries in the past. You can always visit before committing to ensure you're happy with what they offer.

It would be cheaper for me to hire a cat feeder to come to my house (about £10/ visit) so I will probably do that next time I go away rather than keep relying on friends and family - but I don't think that would be any cheaper for you since you only have one cat - but it might be worth making a few enquiries.

Sorry I can't be of any help. Cats are expensive and holidays can be very expensive when factoring in cat boarding fees too.
  • wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daedroth wrote: »
    Hey all. I've recently moved into the Birmingham area and need to look for a cattery for 1 week for our 3 year old cat. Being new means I don't know the area too well, and don't know of any reputable places. Is there anyone who can recommend one? We've found one decent one, but it's over £10 per night, which I think is too expensive.

Not sure where you are in Brum, but I used to use for my cat when I lived in Edgbaston this cattery and he loved it there, the 4 times I had to use one

http://www.barntgreenboardingcattery.co.uk/
  • phepiaphepia Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few south Birmingham area, the link above is just for just outside of Birmingham so may be a problem getting there if you do not have own transport. I know of two alone just past beckets farm, by the M42 island.
    I know RSPCA used to do it but they have moved (no idea where, just that another supermarket is being put up where it used to be)
  • wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phepia wrote: »
    There are a few south Birmingham area, the link above is just for just outside of Birmingham so may be a problem getting there if you do not have own transport. I know of two alone just past beckets farm, by the M42 island.
    I know RSPCA used to do it but they have moved (no idea where, just that another supermarket is being put up where it used to be)

Yes \I know those too. There is one in Harborne attached to the vets practice. I used to take my cat to them, but did not use the cattery as it was then an indoor one and had no access to outside runs, therefore I knew my cat wouldn't like it.

http://www.orchardvet.net/Cattery.html