iPhone 5 4.6 display

Comments

• StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Good god! They are like a bunch of bloody kids!! :D

I don't think they understand the concept of sharing photos and why having more users is a good thing for them too.
  • Steve™Steve™ Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    The fact remains that iOS is a quality operating system and Android is the kind of OS that panders to those who probably still have posters on the wall in their bedroom.

I have heard nothing, NOTHING, genuinely nothing, that would make me choose Android over iOS.

Ok so you can put a large clock on your homescreen, so what, are you poorly sighted?

All the things mentioned dont actually make for a better or faster outcome. So you can put a facebook feed on one of your home screens or weather on a home screen. AND? So what! In the time it takes you to swipe to that screen I've opened facebook and check my feed and checked the weather from the notifications menu and made a cup of tea.

Slow slow cluttered cheap looking Android.

I dont care how many Widgets you have or how HD your screen is, because its a phone, I use it when I'm away from home and when I come home I have an iPad or a Laptop or a 42in HD tv.

The fact is, one of the reasons why people keep buying Apple products is because it works well, looks nice and the whole experiece exudes quality, whereas Android does not.

So you can say whatever you want, but iOS sales speak volumes (pun intended!)

Cheers all :D
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve™ wrote: »
    The fact is, one of the reasons why people keep buying Apple products is because it works well, looks nice and the whole experiece exudes quality, whereas Android does not.

Some buy again after the first drop and it certainly adds volume. I've not dropped my smartphone for a while now but if it was an iPhone it would have been in casualty.

Looks quality?
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact remains that iOS is a quality operating system and Android is the kind of OS that panders to those who probably still have posters on the wall in their bedroom.

I have heard nothing, NOTHING, genuinely nothing, that would make me choose Android over iOS.

Ok so you can put a large clock on your homescreen, so what, are you poorly sighted?

All the things mentioned dont actually make for a better or faster outcome. So you can put a facebook feed on one of your home screens or weather on a home screen. AND? So what! In the time it takes you to swipe to that screen I've opened facebook and check my feed and checked the weather from the notifications menu and made a cup of tea.

Slow slow cluttered cheap looking Android.

I dont care how many Widgets you have or how HD your screen is, because its a phone, I use it when I'm away from home and when I come home I have an iPad or a Laptop or a 42in HD tv.

I'm genuinely confused. You started a thread talking about poor service on your Samsung Galaxy S2 on this forum, and you replaced it with a Sony Ericsson Android phone, but above you say "I have heard nothing, NOTHING, genuinely nothing, that would make me choose Android over iOS."

So how come you have not one, but 2 Android phones? :confused:
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member

what if they made one with a big piece of fruit on the back?
    Forum Member
    I'm genuinely confused. You started a thread talking about poor service on your Samsung Galaxy S2 on this forum, and you replaced it with a Sony Ericsson Android phone, but above you say "I have heard nothing, NOTHING, genuinely nothing, that would make me choose Android over iOS."

So how come you have not one, but 2 Android phones? :confused:

Pay careful attention to language, it will serve you well in the future.

I said: "I have heard nothing, NOTHING, genuinely nothing, that would make me choose Android over iOS."

That sentence means, that my preference is iOS.

I could explain why I have Android handsets, but it wouldnt serve to change anything, just know my preference is iOS, I do use Android for things, but as a daily driver, no no no!
    Forum Member
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Some buy again after the first drop and it certainly adds volume. I've not dropped my smartphone for a while now but if it was an iPhone it would have been in casualty.

Looks quality?

Any phone can break after a drop. Thats why there are so many phones on ebay with broken screens, but to suggest Apple owes its entire sales success to people repeat buying handsets after breaking one is crazy!!
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but to suggest Apple owes its entire sales success to people repeat buying handsets after breaking one is crazy!!
    And only a crazy could suggest I said or even hinted at that.

:confused:
    My phones don't break after a drop. No glass, recessed screens = quality design.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Pay careful attention to language, it will serve you well in the future.

I said: "I have heard nothing, NOTHING, genuinely nothing, that would make me choose Android over iOS."

That sentence means, that my preference is iOS.

I could explain why I have Android handsets, but it wouldnt serve to change anything, just know my preference is iOS, I do use Android for things, but as a daily driver, no no no!

Nah, there is something fishy about you if im honest.

Who in their right mind would spend over £300 on an xperia S like you allegedly did only to bitch and whine like some sort of rancid kid about Android being shit and jerking off over an iphone?

Your either an idiot, which i think is the case, or just a complete troll.
    Forum Member

Really?....

Considering Android outsells iOS i very very much doubt that...
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who in their right mind would spend over £300 on an xperia S like you allegedly did only to bitch and whine like some sort of rancid kid about Android being shit and jerking off over an iphone?

LOL this thread is totally surreal. Even the language being used has long stopped being rational.

Out of interest what would you think about someone spending £500+ on an iPhone 'only to bitch and whine like some sort of rancid kid about' iOS 'being shit and jerking off over an' Android phone. ?

Why can't people just get a bloody phone they are happy with and put an end to all this fanboy nonsense. If you don't like a phone get a different one. What on earth is such a big deal? The way some of you lot go on, a casual observer would be excused from thinking some here are combatting a personal affront to their masculinity - over a flipping phone!
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »
    LOL this thread is totally surreal. Even the language being used has long stopped being rational.

Out of interest what would you think about someone spending £500+ on an iPhone 'only to bitch and whine like some sort of rancid kid about' iOS 'being shit and jerking off over an' Android phone. ?

Why can't people just get a bloody phone they are happy with and put an end to all this fanboy nonsense. If you don't like a phone get a different one. What on earth is such a big deal? The way some of you lot go on, a casual observer would be excused from thinking some here a combatting a personal affront to their masculinity - over a flipping phone!

I AM an iphone user!!

What i don't get is this absolutely irrational behaviour that some fools start when they buy an apple product. Its absolutely bizarre.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention Steve is acting like a born again religious extremist, who has just (re)discovered God. His threads make interesting reading from a couple of years ago.... http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1180368
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not to mention Steve is acting like a born again religious extremist, who has just (re)discovered God. His threads make interesting reading from a couple of years ago.... http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1180368

Hahaha, so funny!!

What I find odd is that the 2 platforms are very similar, they both have most of the same functionality yet people are so split as to which one is best and apparently the other is "shit".

Really if you are logical and reasoned they are both good but have some differences which appeal to different people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    What I find odd is that the 2 platforms are very similar, they both have most of the same functionality yet people are so split as to which one is best and apparently the other is "shit".

Really if you are logical and reasoned they are both good but have some differences which appeal to different people.
    Totally agree. :)
    Forum Member

People are allowed to change their mind you know!

I used to think Android looked like it might be a decent OS. Then I used it, then I changed my mind!:D
    Forum Member

uhh dont you own an iPhone?!

Nice with the personal insults by the way. I'm just giving my opinion on an operating system, and you disagree which is fine, but I am most certainly NOT an idiot.

The Android devices are not purchased for personal use.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are allowed to change their mind you know!

I used to think Android looked like it might be a decent OS. Then I used it, then I changed my mind!:D

Of course people can and do often change their minds:)

But the zeal some have trying to convince others that their choice is the right one and everyone should do what they do. Or the choices other folk went for are wrong, isn't constructive IMHO.

Competition is a good thing and good for the consumer as they get devices that continuously strive to improve on those that went before. Things would soon stagnate if everyone used the same (or essentially similar) devices or OS's. The more the merrier and let them keep trying to outdo each other. It's a win win for all.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Android devices are not purchased for personal use.

This is just garbage. I bet you've never even laid a finger on or looked at Android 4.0 because calling it cluttered etc just seems like you know nothing at all about the platform..

Android trumps the iPhone completely when it cones to media playback....you can play virtually every format under the sun on it....the same is not true for the iPhone...

Its your choice whether you pick iOS or not but don't expect sympathy for your ridiculous statements which just make you sound like you're mad that you've been shortchanged by Apple...:)
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member

That is quality stevo is a born again apple user ... what was the vision he had to convert I wonder did SJ come to him in a dream.

Steve do you now believe what you posted previously then below :D

"I know, its like God decided to share his power and its here on earth in the shape of an iPhone....or at least thats how these iPhone users think"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    That is quality stevo is a born again apple user ... what was the vision he had to convert I wonder did SJ come to him in a dream.

Steve do you now believe what you posted previously then below :D

"I know, its like God decided to share his power and its here on earth in the shape of an iPhone....or at least thats how these iPhone users think"

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=37275733&postcount=31

Or this " I have used an iPhone and find it too fussy and not a particuarly good phone either...." :D
  • PiazzaCharliePiazzaCharlie Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There you are! Talking of making things up, you never did explain why iCloud was useless...
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There you are! Talking of making things up, you never did explain why iCloud was useless...

I wouldn't say its useless. But other than a quicker initial setup using Itunes Match I don't think it offers anything over Google Photos (which doesn't delete your photos after 30 days) and Google Music (which is completely free, and allows streaming, as well as playback in a browser on any system)
    Forum Member

Ah yes, the reason for me its useless is:- to backup automatically it needs to be plugged into a power source which annoys me. Its also painfully slow and since its much much quicker just to let itunes do it, to me its pretty much useless.

Is that ok with you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree. I think Android is cluttered and fussy and slow and camera takes forever to take a shot.

My Galaxy Nexus has zero shutter lag. It takes photos pretty much instantly. And before you ask, it's a software feature not a hardware one...;)