Long time Virgin customer wants to change to premier package

pinchezpinchez Posts: 227
Forum Member
I've been with virgin since it was diamond cable and I've only ever changed my package a few times and I've been on my current contract for 18 months. But I've noticed I'm paying just over £70 for my package and the new Premier package is only just under £60 and a better deal!

My current package
XXL 50mb Broadband
XL TV package, Samsung HD+ Box
Size M Phone (don't have phone plugged in)
Paying approx £70 pm inc. phone line

Premier Package
60mb Broadband
175 TV Channels with 500mb TiVo Box
2nd Virgin HD Box (multi room)
Phone with free weekend calls etc
Approx £60 pm inc. phone line

So I was wondering what the chances are of them changing me to the Premier package and getting a TiVo box while also letting me keep my current Samsung box for multi room rather than sending me a different one?

Also what time at night are they open till and is there a pacific number I need to ring?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My partner called when our contract was up; for £66 a month we get:

TV XL
    10MB Broadband
    Phone + Free Weekend.
    Sky Sports package
    Tivo 250MB
    V+Box

So thats £46 without the Sky Sports; don't know what he did to get that but my parents pay £50 12 months into their 18 month contract and have TV M, no HD, 10MB broadband which never works and a phone line :eek:
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We've just went onto the premium collection as well, our price has went up a month, but they wanted an extra £6.50 a month just for multiroom, with this we get tivo and multiroom, and more channels for £5.90 a month extra.
  • jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I emailed about the better deal the new collections packages were compared to mine. As I mentioned in another thread, I got £8 p/m knocked off my bill and Sky Movies thrown in as well.
  • pinchezpinchez Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Nuttytiger - how much are you paying for your premium package?

As far as I can work out it should be £58 ish and that includes an extra HD box with multi room
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,240
    Forum Member
    pinchez wrote: »
    Read this
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=57723882&postcount=70
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As far as I can work out it should be £58 ish and that includes an extra HD box with multi room

It is only ££58.90 per month, but we pay an extra £2.25 a month for caller ID. And we were £55.25 a month, so it is more expensive, but for less than £6 a month we are getting so much more.
    martine93 wrote: »

Thanks!
  • ghjones1ghjones1 Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    I thought caller ID was free now if you call up and ask for it??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know, we've always just paid it.
    Forum Member
    Do you think they'll just put me on the premium package or will I have to plead and beg through cancelations.

Also are they charging current customers £50 installation fee as I can't see it mentioned for new customers?

Thanks again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes they are charging the installation fee. I think it's to do with the TiVo installation. Our only complaint is we aren't getting it installed until the 1st of may.
  • auntyjamesauntyjames Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    ghjones1 wrote: »
    I thought caller ID was free now if you call up and ask for it??

I had always paid for caller ID, however after the recent price hike and a call to CS, I am now on one of the new "collections" with an added loyalty discount. I noticed on my new contract (the first time I ever got one of these after a phone call) that caller display was free! This has made my monthly bill less with 60meg bb (currently running at 66meg) :D gotta love vm
    Forum Member
    Just been on the phone (150 option 4) and was told by a chap at the india call center they could offer me the premier collection for £58.90 but I would only get 30mb broadband until my speed is doubled sometime between October 2012 and July 2013 then it would be the advertised 60mb

I'm already getting 50mb broadband and don't want to get less :(

Is this information right? I've only ever seen it advertised as "upto 60mb" and no mention of 30mb. He also said I could stay on my current 50mb which will double to 100mb for 10p more than I'm paying now which is just over £70. I was hoping to save some cash!
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Just been on the phone (150 option 4) and was told by a chap at the india call center they could offer me the premier collection for £58.90 but I would only get 30mb broadband until my speed is doubled sometime between October 2012 and July 2013 then it would be the advertised 60mb

I'm already getting 50mb broadband and don't want to get less :(

Is this information right? I've only ever seen it advertised as "upto 60mb" and no mention of 30mb. He also said I could stay on my current 50mb which will double to 100mb for 10p more than I'm paying now which is just over £70. I was hoping to save some cash!

You should be upgraded to 100MB Broadband then to 120MB Broadband sometime after June 2012 if you are on 50MB Broadband now, which you are on,
    that is what I got told anyway

Depending on what you want have a look at the new Collections Range, if you do not mind having a Second Tivo Box then look at the Premier Collection or the VIP Collection,
    I got a cracking deal this morning without the Second Box,
    plus upgrading my TV service and Broadband service at the same time, plus I will be getting the 1TB Tivo box for free - they are normally £49.95,
    but I will still have to pay the Installation Fee though of £49.95, so they are reducing the one-off payment by half

See below for the details

I had a new offer today via E - Mail from Virgin Media Retentions

My Offer is like this

Current Package

Size M TV - 65 Channels
    Size XL 50MB Broadband including Broadband Security for 7 PCs
    Size XL Phone
    All Calling Features and Talk Mobile £10, Talk 08 £5
    Caller Display and Anonymous Call Rejection
    Plus some Extras
    Phone Line Rental

Current Price £109

New Package

1TB Tivo Box - Free of Charge - No Box Charge
    Size XL TV - 175 Channels - Free for the first 12 months then £26.50 a month
    Picturebox
    Baby TV
    Cinémoi
    Size XL 100MB Broadband moving to 120MB Broadband after June 2012 including Broadband Security for 7 PCs
    Size XL Phone
    All Calling Features and Current Talk Plans
    Caller Display and Anonymous Call Rejection
    Plus some Extras
    Phone Line Rental

New Price £102

Installation Charge for new Superhub Modem and USB Adapter and the 1TB Tivo Box £49.95

It is a no brainer!!
    Forum Member

Is this information right?
    I don't think it is , You should get 60Mb , with a 3Mb upload , then it will be a 6Mb upload when the speed upgrades are completed in your area.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    I don't think it is , You should get 60Mb , with a 3Mb upload , then it will be a 6Mb upload when the speed upgrades are completed in your area.

Nope. Its 30 down / 3 up until they upgrade your area.
    Forum Member
    Arkudos wrote: »
    Nope. Its 30 down / 3 up until they upgrade your area.
    Actually some people are already getting 60Mb down/ 3 up ,
    Forum Member

No, the OP is on 50MB Broadband now, that is going to be doubled to 100MB not to 60MB, then after June 2012 it will be doubled again to 120MB,
    that is what Virgin Retentions told me this morning on the phone to confirm the details of my new package,
    the 100MB Broadband and the 50MB Broadband Tiers will be merged together to form one new Tier of 120MB Broadband
    Forum Member
    No, the OP is on 50MB Broadband now,
    I am talking about the 60Mb premier collection , the OP was told he would only get only 30Mb.
    then after June 2012 it will be doubled again to 120MB,
    that is what Virgin Retentions told me this morning on the phone to confirm the details of my new package, the 100MB Broadband and the 50MB Broadband Tiers
    will be merged together to form one new Tier of 120MB Broadband
    I have knowing that for 3 months !

Also how can you double 100Mb to 120Mb ?
    Forum Member
    Decided to ring 150 option 5 and spoke to a nice Scottish lady who assured me that it would be 60mb and not 30mb but the 60mb would not double like the 50mb I'm on now.

She said she could do me the premier collection with 100mb broadband for £63.75 and an installation fee of £49 for the TiVo. I decided to go for this deal and will be getting it installed on the 30th April :)

I'll be getting more than I get now and saving £7pm to, a good days work!
    Forum Member
    I am talking about the premier collection which is 60Mb , the OP was told he would only get only 30Mb.

I have knowing that for 3 months !

Also how can you double 100Mb to 120Mb ?

Only Virgin can answer that, as they have not launched their 200MB Broadband yet, even though it has been on two Trials that I know about, one in Coventry for ages now
    and the other one in London was a short one of only a few days

Virgin is calling this exercise Double Speed Broadband,
    it has been reported on the telly a lot and in newspapers, this also includes the new 100MB Broadband Tier that only just launched Nationwide a week or two a go
    Forum Member
    Only Virgin can answer that
    No.

You said
    then after June 2012 it will be doubled again to 120MB,
    Forum Member
    No !

You said

See my explanation above
    Forum Member
    I've been with virgin since it was diamond cable and I've only ever changed my package a few times and I've been on my current contract for 18 months. But I've noticed I'm paying just over £70 for my package and the new Premier package is only just under £60 and a better deal!

My current package
    XXL 50mb Broadband
    XL TV package, Samsung HD+ Box
    Size M Phone (don't have phone plugged in)
    Paying approx £70 pm inc. phone line

Premier Package
    60mb Broadband
    175 TV Channels with 500mb TiVo Box
    2nd Virgin HD Box (multi room)
    Phone with free weekend calls etc
    Approx £60 pm inc. phone line

So I was wondering what the chances are of them changing me to the Premier package and getting a TiVo box while also letting me keep my current Samsung box for multi room rather than sending me a different one?

Also what time at night are they open till and is there a pacific number I need to ring?

The Number to Ring is 150 Free from your Home Phone and Press the Number after the Announcement has finished corresponding to the to the "Thinking of leaving us" option,
    if you take the Essentials Package they will charge you £50 for the Installation Fee and you get the box for Free, if you change your mind and go for the VIP Collection,
    then you will get another 1TB Tivo box as well, but charges will apply, I was struggling to get the Installation Fee waived with the Essentials Collection,
    I had no such luck with the VIP Collection, they said I was unsuitable for it because of all the Extras that I have and it will cost me too much money to have it,
    they would not even consider giving me this Collection even when forced, nice of them to think of me!

Please Note: The old Cisco V HD boxes are not worth getting,
    I know a lot of people are swapping these boxes for the 1TB Tivo boxes

I have just spent today on the Phone to Virgin Retentions

Pay Monthly what I do now, no Price changes and get my Broadband and TV service upgraded with a 1TB Tivo box
    with the Upgraded Essentials Collection for only the Installation Fee of £49.95, now talking it over with the Family

I would prefer paying more a month instead of the Installation Fee, oh well or having the lot No changes to Monthly Payment and No Installation Fee,
    but you cannot have everything I suppose or you cannot have your Cake and eat it too
    Forum Member
    The Number to Ring is 150 Free from your Home Phone and Press the Number after the Announcement has finished corresponding to the to the "Thinking of leaving us" option,
    if you take the Essentials Package they will charge you £50 for the Installation Fee and you get the box for Free, if you change your mind and go for the VIP Collection,
    and you get another 1TB Tivo box as well, but charges might apply
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=57749736&postcount=20
    Please Note: The old Cisco V HD boxes are not worth getting,
    The Cisco V HD box is included in the Premiere Collection and VIP Collection , Also why do think can still get them ? , The Cisco V HD box can get the TiVo Software.

IMO If there were not going to get the TiVo Software they would no longer be on sale by now.

So the Cisco V HD box could be used for mulitroom streaming in the future , so that would explain why the Cisco V HD box is included in the Premiere Collection and VIP Collection.
    Forum Member
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=57749736&postcount=20

The Cisco V HD box is included in the Premiere Collection and VIP Collection , Also why do think can still get them ? , The Cisco V HD box can get the TiVo Software.

IMO If there were not going to get the TiVo Software they would longer be on sale by now.

So the Cisco V HD box could be used for muitroom streaming in the future , so that would explain why the Cisco V HD box is included in the Premiere Collection and VIP Collection.

The Cisco V HD boxes cannot get the Tivo software otherwise it would have been downloaded onto the boxes by now, not after two to three years later,
    Multiroom Streaming requires a lot of equipment and the boxes need to be next to a Router or a Ethernet Switch if they are going to be Hard Wired to the house network
    and they lack any Wifi Capability so this is not possible