• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    rickywal wrote: »

Has a whiff of "cancelled after one season" about it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been cancelled pulled from the schedules after only two episodes were shown in the States

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/02/nbc-cancels-do-no-harm/
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    It's been cancelled pulled from the schedules after only two episodes were shown in the States

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/02/nbc-cancels-do-no-harm/

So you were completely wrong in your first post. Two episodes is a far cry from one season.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    So you were completely wrong in your first post. Two episodes is a far cry from one season.:)

I was being generous :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch might as well make the pain short air the two episodes back to back and be over with it
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Gulfam1 wrote: »
    Watch might as well make the pain short air the two episodes back to back and be over with it

more likely they just cancel the contract, usually there is a get out clause when shows are cancelled so early.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBC have decided to show the remaining episodes from June 29th and Watch have ended up giving the show a start date of July 22nd

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/05/watch-sets-uk-premiere-date-for-nbcs-drama-series-do-no-harm/
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They actually produced a full 12 episodes?!? Normally when a series is axed just two weeks in everyone just cuts their loses and shuts down production. Either they were really far ahead in their production schedule or they had some weird contract commitment to produce a full half season no matter what.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    They actually produced a full 12 episodes?!? Normally when a series is axed just two weeks in everyone just cuts their loses and shuts down production. Either they were really far ahead in their production schedule or they had some weird contract commitment to produce a full half season no matter what.

Possibly what may have happened is that they already had the 12 episodes in the can before they started to broadcast it
  • LMLM Posts: 63,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mid season shows normally are produced in advance with all episodes filmed
    Smash had already had 15 of the 17 episodes filmed by the time it premiered and it was the awful ratings early on in the run that allowed the writer to allow Episode 17 serve as a wrap up in case of cancellation.

I wonder what the ending to Do no harm is like. Cliffhanger or resolution.
    It looked good from the previews and i am curious to check it out depending on how it ends
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Possibly what may have happened is that they already had the 12 episodes in the can before they started to broadcast it

Ah, i didn't know it was a mid season show, i guess that explains why there were so many episodes in the can before it aired.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Smash had already had 15 of the 17 episodes filmed by the time it premiered and it was the awful ratings early on in the run that allowed the writer to allow Episode 17 serve as a wrap up in case of cancellation.

I wonder what the ending to Do no harm is like. Cliffhanger or resolution.
    It looked good from the previews and i am curious to check it out depending on how it ends

I was possibly the only person that thought the first two eps had a lot of potential for a good show:D
  • hassanhassan Posts: 3,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, does that mean that they will show the rest of the episodes past the two that were aired before being cancelled?
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This show is starting on Monday at 9pm. Doctor by day. Sociopath by night. A modern day Dr Jekyl and Mr. Hyde, so the blurb says. Has it been cancelled already?
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This show is starting on Monday at 9pm. Doctor by day. Sociopath by night. A modern day Dr Jekyl and Mr. Hyde, so the blurb says. Has it been cancelled already?

Yes didn't last long.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes didn't last long.

No point in watching this then.
  • OrangecrabOrangecrab Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In the US it was temporarily cancelled you might say. NBC only showed 2 episodes in Jan/Feb 2013, then axed it from the proposed schedules due to low ratings. Now they have started showing the remaining episodes from June 2013.

Watch should presumably be showing all the available episodes (12?) and I think it is certainly worth a look.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought it was okay. Decent enough ending too.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just checked to see if there was a thread on this show and there is!

I've never heard of Do No Harm, didn't see it last year but it's being repeated starting tonight weekdays from around 1am. Ep1 tonight, Ep2 tomorrow, a break at the weekend and returns on Monday.

13 eps long. Sounds like it could be a really good show with an interesting premise. Kind of Dexter-ish.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the pilot last night. Excellent tv show. The lead actor is phenomenal.