Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    How can she fired when she's only signed a one year contract?? Funny how this story has come before the new season of IDOL hits the screen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I hope she is there was no point her being there as a judge with her one line comments `I loved everything about it` was one of them!! :D
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'she was a.may.zin'

NOT
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The writing has been on the wall for Britney ever since series 2 started to post lower ratings than series 1. What is the point in spending $18m on big names when they could've just re-signed Nicole & Paula for a tenth of the price and still got the same figures?

X Factor is personality driven. It doesn't need big name judges. The only big name judge to work for ratings is Cheryl Cole, and even she wasn't that big until she joined the show. Kelly Rowland is the biggest name the show has had (other than Britney) on either side of the Atlantic (and even Australia), and that didn't work out so well.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think ratings will tumble without her to be honest.

She may not have dragged in a lot of viewers, but I think a lot of viewers stuck around to watch her.

If they drug her at the start of shows to calm her down, they must've known what to expect.

She was still the highlight of the series for me, followed by Cece Frey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    which channel can i watch the current american x factor on in the uk? cheers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney was the only thing that kept the X Factor anywhere in the ratings. They would have certainly plummeted after the disastrous first season. Without her they will plummet further. When The Voice and American idol have big names like Shakira/Usher/Mariah Carey signed up for their upcoming seasons, The X Factor simply cannot afford to not have a big name. The show needs stablity, any of the judges leaving would detriment the show, and I know that thousands of Britney's fans only tuned in to see her every week. The show is breaking records in terms of social media, but Fox's handling of it has resulted in floating viewers losing patience.

And by any means, she signed a one year contract for a reason. I highly doubt Britney wants to do another season more than the execs will. If she really wants to come back, they will probably have to negotiate a pay cut, but if that is the case her team will be sure to keep it from the public.
  • ESTKESTK Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She may not have dragged in a lot of viewers, but I think a lot of viewers stuck around to watch her.

I and probably most people think the complete opposite. Her big name dragged viewers to watch X Factor, but she brought nothing for those people to keep watching. Viewers stuck to watch the talent, which was pretty good this season (definitely better than in Season 1). And I know Demi's fans stuck with her for the whole season and she didn't disappoint if we talk about entertainment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    ESTK wrote: »
    I and probably most people think the complete opposite. Her big name dragged viewers to watch X Factor, but she brought nothing for those people to keep watching. Viewers stuck to watch the talent, which was pretty good this season (definitely better than in Season 1). And I know Demi's fans stuck with her for the whole season and she didn't disappoint if we talk about entertainment.

You speak for most people? lol
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ESTK wrote: »

Twitter each week was all about Britney. Hours before, during and hours after each show.

Demi may have been a better judge (worse mentor, a bit Like Dannii in that respect) but Britney was still the star. She may have pissed off the usual X Factor viewers, but they'll stick around regardless, it's the floating viewers, who only tuned in for Britney that the show can't afford to lose.

They would need someone massive, like Gaga, Beyonce or Bieber to join the show to keep up Britney's ratings.
  • CpCCpC Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Twitter each week was all about Britney. Hours before, during and hours after each show.

Demi may have been a better judge (worse mentor, a bit Like Dannii in that respect) but Britney was still the star. She may have pissed off the usual X Factor viewers, but they'll stick around regardless, it's the floating viewers, who only tuned in for Britney that the show can't afford to lose.

They would need someone massive, like Gaga, Beyonce or Bieber to join the show to keep up Britney's ratings.

The thing is Britney did not bring in the viewers they thought she would. The ratings were down from last year people stopped watching the show.
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo1661 wrote: »
    which channel can i watch the current american x factor on in the uk? cheers

You're are a bit late. It finished on ITV 2 the week before last.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon needs to put revolving doors on all his X Factor shows. He's getting through a lot of judges and fewer people want to sign up. At this rate it will be Peter Andre and Sinitta. Apart from Louis of course ...
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Launching the show in the US via Fox and after 5(?) years of blocking by American Idol is doomed to fail. Unless they manage to kick Idol out of its time slot, nothing will happen; Britney or no Britney.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    Simon needs to put revolving doors on all his X Factor shows. He's getting through a lot of judges and fewer people want to sign up. At this rate it will be Peter Andre and Sinitta. Apart from Louis of course ...

I think what the show needs is consistency, he should keep Demi for the US version and Nicole for the UK version.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    Launching the show in the US via Fox and after 5(?) years of blocking by American Idol is doomed to fail. Unless they manage to kick Idol out of its time slot, nothing will happen; Britney or no Britney.

Why would they kick the number one rated non sports show on American tv out of its timeslot for a show which lost 25% of its viewers in its second season and the first season didn't rate well?
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Why would they kick the number one rated non sports show on American tv out of its timeslot for a show which lost 25% of its viewers in its second season and the first season didn't rate well?

Exactly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem here is Cheryl Cole launched a solo career and a huge media personality from her X Factor role. Before X Factor she was just "the one from Girls Aloud" and no-one had really heard of her. Then BANG! there was that almost iconic crying image of her plus no. 1 singles and albums. Even falling ill with malaria seemed to rocket her profile. Next thing was z listers were lining up to cry on camera or fall ill with something. She became quite a phenomenon by just being her.

The hair, the tears, the malaria, the no. 1 singles, the no. 1 album.

So a lot of wannabes have tried to copy that.
    Forum Member
    The problem here is Cheryl Cole launched a solo career and a huge media personality from her X Factor role. Before X Factor she was just "the one from Girls Aloud" and no-one had really heard of her. Then BANG! there was that almost iconic crying image of her plus no. 1 singles and albums. Even falling ill with malaria seemed to rocket her profile. Next thing was z listers were lining up to cry on camera or fall ill with something. She became quite a phenomenon by just being her.

The hair, the tears, the malaria, the no. 1 singles, the no. 1 album.

LOL no, I don't think anyone needs to try to copy Miss Cole.She churns out some pretty catchy music but that's it for me and she's beautiful but I guess that's subjective matter.

I do think Nicole could equal or outdo Cheryl's success that the show generated for her. Although twitter followers aren't a big indicator of the success to come I noticed that before Nicole had officially got the job she had about 990,000 followers but after her very successful stint on the show her followers at the moment total to 2,786,146. It just goes onto show that the UK version of the show is far more followed
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem here is Cheryl Cole launched a solo career and a huge media personality from her X Factor role. Before X Factor she was just "the one from Girls Aloud" and no-one had really heard of her. Then BANG! there was that almost iconic crying image of her plus no. 1 singles and albums. Even falling ill with malaria seemed to rocket her profile. Next thing was z listers were lining up to cry on camera or fall ill with something.

:confused:
    a lot of wannabes? Like who? The only person this could possibly apply to is maybe Tulisa.

Unfortunately, Britney has hired for all the wrong reasons. Simon didn't care what sort of judge or mentor she'd be - he just wanted ratings and it's backfired. It serves him right really.

He really does need to get back to basics and get a good judging panel who have good chemistry, can deliver constructive feedback and know how to engage with an audience for months on end. Britney, as much as I quite like her as a popstar, barely does interviews now-a-days. The interviews she did for XF promo is probably the most she's done in years. She just doesn't look comfortable at times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    LOL no, I don't think anyone needs to try to copy Miss Cole.

Copy that same type of success not her music.
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    :confused:
    a lot of wannabes? Like who? The only person this could possibly apply to is maybe Tulisa.

I meant other shows apart from X Factor. Didn't Peter Andre go down with something potentially life threatening? Oh and (X Factor-related) Kitty Brucknell had pix published whilst she was in a hospital bed. A lot were "doing a Cheryl".

Not z list but it's interesting that after Cheryl the likes of Jennifer Lopez and even Paula Abdul started releasing music and performing on the same shows as they were judging people.
  • monrosemonrose Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should never have been hired as a judge in the first place. In my opinion, Britney Spears is nothing more than just a germ
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    monrose wrote: »
    She should never have been hired as a judge in the first place. In my opinion, Britney Spears is nothing more than just a germ

How so? How is this human being reduced to a mere bacteria in your eyes? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Copy that same type of success not her music.

Hmmm Tulisa rings a bell.

I do think Nicole is now the saving grace of the show. She ticks all the boxes.:)