Gaming new year resolutions

NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was going to come up with some self improving life style resolutions this year, but after some thought decided to stick to a couple of gaming ones instead:p

So for the next year I am going to

1. Wait a couple of weeks after release before buying games - this year has seen so many drastic price cuts within a few weeks of launch, so next year I am going to benefit from these.

2. Aim for 10 platinums

3. Complete Skyrim (and pray to avoid the lag game save issue)

4. Play, complete and follow and understand the effing story in Metal Gear Solid - in HD.....

5. Persuade as many people as I can to buy Starhawk

Comments

• YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Mine arent really agming related. My main one is to get driving as I really should have done this years ago !

Not really a resolution but I aim to buy the Vita ! Thats the only gaming thing thats in the pipeline for me !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    actually try to start and finish the 30 or so games i bought over the last 2 years :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To complete a game before I move on to another one. I have way too many unfinished games.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To complete Half-Life 1 & 2.

The only reason I bought the HL games all those years ago was to access Counter-Strike (1.3 - 1.6 were meh but Source was epic). I should really complete the campaigns so I can make a start on the HL2 Episodes and understand the story.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To platinum Uncharted 3...

My only platinum so far is Uncharted 2, and UC3 is easier than it, so should be a piece of cake! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    get my first ever platinum

carry on waiting for games to go down in prices even if it takes 6 months
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    To platinum Uncharted 3...

My only platinum so far is Uncharted 2, and UC3 is easier than it, so should be a piece of cake! :D

This.

Mind it took me 2 year to plat UC2 and I haven't finished my first run through of UC3 yet. Still, no rush, it'll be a long time until we see UC4
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Trying to avoid Nedubiz from pestering me in to buying Starhawk:D

Seriously though, try and complete games before I buy more, my pile is massive now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow uc3 easier than 2? I did 2 in first weekend or thereabouts , the first admittedly was hard, have to open uc3 next
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to avoid Nedubiz from pestering me in to buying Starhawk:D

hah, you can try - I'll hunt you down mancini:D
  • FillyourbootsFillyourboots Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    It's a genre that I've overlooked since getting stuck on FF7 years ago and more recently not enjoying Fable II.

I've had Valkyria Chronicles sitting unopened on a shelf for months so this seems as good a game as any to start with. I bought a PSP 3000 recently and that console has many RPGS that people rate highly so I may look for those too.

As for other resolutions I'll stick to one I made on Jan 1 which worked out well for much of 2011; buy games I really want when they're cheaper.

You really don't have to wait long for the price to drop nowadays.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    1) Finish KZ2
    2) Fix my KZ or PS2 to play it (won't read)
    3) Play them all in order as got all 4 games

Finish Portal and HL2 on the PC
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine would be

- finish more games i buy

- (as an extension to the first) stop giving up on games i have bought cheap and using the justification that i spent so little money on them if they just litter the shelve it doesn't matter

- get more platinum trophies and not just plan to and then get side tracked by new releases
  • monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (1) actually finish some of the games (single player) i bought and don't like and trade them

(2) dont keep buying games without finishing others off first
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    buy a bigger hd for ps3

to finish the last 4 spec ops missions on 3 stars on mw3(pm if your any good and need these also)

since i have 18 plats already im goona have 30 by 2013( near with 3 or 4 or anyway so should be easy)

to get my kd ratio up in cod as i just run at red dots on map shooting and usually end up dying more than i kill

buy another move controller , as i need 2 for some games

buy somwhere to keep all the crap( rockstar drums/ mics/ charging cables etc) and get better way to attach them to ps3....ie long cabled hub running around back instead of front one with cables everywhere
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished 2 of many games that I'd started and not finished, xmen wolverine and godfather 2 lol , now doing buzz quiz uk :) old list of games
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not to buy a Vita
  • Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,674
    Forum Member
    Mine are (so far):

To play and finish more games.
    To buy less games.
    To be patient and wait until a price drop which will always come.
    To read less about games as it takes up too much of my time.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Mine is wait a month instead of buying a game at launch & get it for half the price.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    took me ages to find this thread......how did everyone get on with their predictions?

will go through mine below

grps3 wrote: »

1. buy a bigger hd for ps3

2. to finish the last 4 spec ops missions on 3 stars on mw3(pm if your any good and need these also)

3. since i have 18 plats already im goona have 30 by 2013( near with 3 or 4 or anyway so should be easy)

4. to get my kd ratio up in cod as i just run at red dots on map shooting and usually end up dying more than i kill

5. buy another move controller , as i need 2 for some games

6. buy somwhere to keep all the crap( rockstar drums/ mics/ charging cables etc) and get better way to attach them to ps3....ie long cabled hub running around back instead of front one with cables everywhere

1- my old ps3 died so got new1 and upgraded to 1tb :D

2- got platinum for mw3 and finished all spec ops

3. didnt get 30 plats ....im at 24 though... scottscorpion.png]

4. probably done this ...not by much...still suck

5. failed

6. got a wee wicker basket thing
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gazinuk wrote: »
    actually try to start and finish the 30 or so games i bought over the last 2 years :D

Same as last year I guess lol
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conroy wrote: »
    To complete Half-Life 1 & 2.

The only reason I bought the HL games all those years ago was to access Counter-Strike (1.3 - 1.6 were meh but Source was epic). I should really complete the campaigns so I can make a start on the HL2 Episodes and understand the story.
    I got a bit further in HL1 but I still haven't completed it. I will stick with it rather than starting over again with the updated Black Mesa re-creation.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Mine arent really agming related. My main one is to get driving as I really should have done this years ago !

Not really a resolution but I aim to buy the Vita ! Thats the only gaming thing thats in the pipeline for me !

Still not driving but got my Vita ;)

Got none for this year, I have to focus on Real Life this year so I won't be shelling out for any new kit or software. I'll just play what I have. I have gotten into downloading demos from the PS Store.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not to throw anymore joypads at the wall as the joypad always looses.
    Try to finish the 30+ games i have before buying any new games.
    Not buy fifa on release day.