:):):):):)

Comments

• fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet they cut lots out?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Bloody good film.. just seen Linda Kowslowski arse again... Im hetersexual female... but thats a good ares
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody good film.. just seen Linda Kowslowski arse again... Im hetersexual female... but thats a good ares

Indeed, I am rather envious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet they cut lots out?

I remember it was a '15' certificate at the cinema, & I went to see it when I was 14 & was rather chuffed that nobody questioned my age.;)
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet they cut lots out?
    It's a great film, but usually totally un-watchable on TV. I forget the channel, but the last time I did, they cut the 'That's a knife.' line. They showed up to where Dundee says 'That's not a knife', then cut the next, arguably most famous line in the film. There's also a drug scene which I don't think I've ever seen on a TV showing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I can understand them not showing the drug scene but why cut out the lines "you can live on it but it tastes like shit" its a reccuring joke and seems fairly tame
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's pointless watching a lot of these old 15 films, which by today's standards would be certificated 12A.
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Underrated score by Pete Best
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand them not showing the drug scene but why cut out the lines "you can live on it but it tastes like shit" its a reccuring joke and seems fairly tame

The word shit, I am confident in saying, is not really that offensive anymore; and as for kids, sometimes I have to get on the bus when they're going home from school, & their language is enough to make the air turn blue!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluray wrote: »
    Underrated score by Pete Best

The ex Beatles drummer?
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Er, don't think so
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she's changed a bit. google "linda koslowski now"
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I remember reading that one of the things that secured a '15' for it back in the day was that the F-word can be heard once used by someone in the background or in a crowd scene, almost missably so but of course it didn't pass James Ferman by :D
  • widgerwidger Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of those fims that when you re-watch it after a long time, it actually seems a bit crap.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,884
    Forum Member
    It was probably a few lines from the pimp (and the drug scene) which elevated it to 15 rating in the 80s. Both are always cut out these days on TV.

It winds me up when it's shown after the watershed and we still only get the cut version, which happens occasionally.
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He should not have done the sequels though.....:cool:
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,165
    Forum Member
    Being half Australian i've always hated those films. No Aussie i've ever met my age likes them. Australia isn't anything like that.
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,089
    Forum Member

I watched it last night. They cut the tastes like s**t lines but keep in the Australian saying I need a p**s. the You can live on it line looked stupid as Mick said it then it cut to an overhead shot with Sue laughing at it. And the party scene just seemed completely pointless without the drug scene. Like it was just put in to fill time. I last saw the film around seven years ago and it was uncut but I cant remember if it was a dvd or a tv screening.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Being half Australian i've always hated those films. No Aussie i've ever met my age likes them. Australia isn't anything like that.

True. It's more like 'Neighbours'.
  • yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bgtension wrote: »
    It's pointless watching a lot of these old 15 films, which by today's standards would be certificated 12A.

:confused::confused:Why would that make it pointless? 12A films can still be enjoyed just as much as 15's
  • KizerKizer Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    widger wrote: »
    One of those fims that when you re-watch it after a long time, it actually seems a bit crap.

Nah, it's still a good film. Good characters, great script, brilliant one-liners.

Shame about how the tv version has cut a lot of the best jokes out.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Great Theme tune as well.