Have a listen - Would you put him through?

RealityRulerRealityRuler Posts: 501
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello Everyone, saw a similar post to my mate Eddy on here and I also know someone who really wants to audition for X Factor next year but are not sure if they're strong enough. He's a fellow Luke so his names a good start ;) lol no on a serious note please have a listen to his Open Mic Acapella short cover of End Of The Road and please give me honest opinions! He'd appreciate honesty more.

http://www.smule.com/p/44663150_15836490

Feedback would be appreciated :D Cheers All!

EDIT: He kept getting asked to cover Pitch Perfect so he learnt it, Opened It As a duet and then made a solo. Here's the solo: http://www.smule.com/p/44663150_11808183

Comments

• EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's actually good :D

However, if I'm going to be the Simon of the panel, I'd say he just needs to control his voice a bit more? I'm not vocal coach and I can't sing a note in tune so it's hard to explain, but sometimes it needs reigning in if that makes sense? But if I was a judge, then I'd give him a chance definitely :)
  • RealityRulerRealityRuler Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    He's actually good :D

However, if I'm going to be the Simon of the panel, I'd say he just needs to control his voice a bit more? I'm not vocal coach and I can't sing a note in tune so it's hard to explain, but sometimes it needs reigning in if that makes sense? But if I was a judge, then I'd give him a chance definitely :)

Cheers man, Appreciate it :) will let him know! I know what you mean, I'll try and find one of him where he doesn't have to hit those higher notes.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I think he needs to control it in a bit more. I feel he went for the top notes too loudly and he doesn't need to give 100% right away a buildup would be better and more exciting. There were a few pitch problems but nothing a bit of practice couldn't sort out - remember a piano's your best friend!

I liked it very much overall and I love it when singers sing with such passion so the emotion was there which is great. So many people lack that!
  • RealityRulerRealityRuler Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he needs to control it in a bit more. I feel he went for the top notes too loudly and he doesn't need to give 100% right away a buildup would be better and more exciting. There were a few pitch problems but nothing a bit of practice couldn't sort out - remember a piano's your best friend!

I liked it very much overall and I love it when singers sing with such passion so the emotion was there which is great. So many people lack that!

ThankYou! I know exactly what you mean. I've just edited the original post with another Cover if you wouldn't mind having a listen 👍
  • noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just going to echo the other guys here he needs to take the reigns on his voice and take control.
    That said, I liked it, got the song correct, started off a bit shaky, but when he got going (ie/ the bridge and chorus) it really picked up and I was doing the Simon head bop!
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    And can I just say he's really cute...he would have my votes any day! :D

And it's a difficult song to sing because the actual song's in a really high key. But I liked it. I think he should try to go for it slightly higher when it hits chorus...it did sound slightly flat in the start and in some places (e.g. too low on the 'walk' bit)...but again overall it was fine. Nothing some more practice wouldn't sort out. He's clearly got an ear because bits of the chorus were really nice. And he's also cute. :p

I think he would do well with a Ne-Yo song or an Imagine Dragons one (On Top of the World, Working Man would work well)...something either slightly R&B or alt rock. It's that sort of voice...
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets go first with negative point
    I could hear him take his breath
    He will have to learn breath control
    Taking that aside he has a nice voice
    I think he should sing sole songs
    I think then his dream job will then come true
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think he is very good! I think he would benefit a lot from the training!

My friend wants to audition (much to my disapproval because I just think it ruins people) but here is his recording if anyone wants a listen!

https://soundcloud.com/mat123/let-her-go
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think he is very good! I think he would benefit a lot from the training!

My friend wants to audition (much to my disapproval because I just think it ruins people) but here is his recording if anyone wants a listen!

https://soundcloud.com/mat123/let-her-go

I like this, he should audition. He needs to watch his pitch and diction at some points though, and needs to control his breathing. With work, he could be really good.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    I like this, he should audition. He needs to watch his pitch and diction at some points though, and needs to control his breathing. With work, he could be really good.

I told him about his diction! He hasn't had any training so I told him he should get some proper lessons first before auditioning!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    There are some tuning issues and there is too much reverb in this recording. He has a nice tone of voice but I think would struggle to sing in tune to a backing track.