Saga of Seven Suns

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
Forum Member
Anybody read these books?

i am halfway through the series and must sya that these would make an epic sci-fi film. does anyone know if a film is in the works?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,004
    Forum Member
    I've read the first two and have the rest to read.

Given its scope, I would think it would be more suited to a seven season tv series than a series of films.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I've just finished number 7 and I'd love them to be made into a film - Ildiran warliners Vs Hydrogues spheres would be an awesome battle, but I think there are to many seperate story threads going on for it to be done as a film.

You could maybe do it as a film if you only told "King Peter's" story, but then you'd lose a lot of the Ildiran and Roamer stuff.
  • Caveman643Caveman643 Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    How weird is this. I'm reading book 4 at the moment and was just thinking that The Saga of the 7 Suns would make a good TV series. Then this thread appears. Spooky.

I think that there is way too much material and story lines for a film. A TV series would be the way to go. Not a low budget BBC effort though. It would need plenty of US money to do it justice. With the end of Stargate SG1, Atlantis and Battlestar ending next year we could do with a good new sci-fi show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't read these but i believe i have the first one which i need to read.
    Are they by Kevin Anderson?
    I know there will be a lot of info in them as they're big books but they've done the HP and LOTR series into films and i know if you've read them they are better in the books. Both of those series in book form are not small. They also did the Bourne series as films by cutting out an entire storyline.

I recently read something by RTD that said "there is one way to write something." I believe that but believe it is different for every format of writing. Books, film and tv series each have a unique way of writing.

I haven't this series but i know if you found the right way you could make a film out of it but also know you could make a tv series out of it. I feel that i would be better writing a tv series than a film. I'm actually currently trying to adapt something into a tv series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    perhaps you are right - a TV series would be easier to make, and could contain a lot more story levels as well.

Some of the space war scenes could be spectacular using technology available now as well