Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THE VAUXHALL ADVERT!:mad:
  • WmsheepWmsheep Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    The Carte Noire coffee ad... Somewhere the makers of Portal dial their lawyers...

http://youtu.be/X9vm7hl6cag
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    There's so little class in adverts now. It is as simple as the creators of these absolute failures stick to the rule that only bad publicity is publicity.

Hate the Mariachi Doritos one the most though. Those lads are annoying enough as it is. But the addition of the people they entertain makes me a lot angrier than it should. They're the kind of people you work with that describe themselves as 'kooky and a bit random' and have names like Harvey and Rory. They overdo it at the office party and don't stop going on about it for weeks on end. They laugh at the jokes made in studio on Top Gear. They're the person that fills in on a holiday when someone has pulled out. They annoy me greatly.

A very, very minor thing I admit but it's the most consistent source of visual based rage for me.

I just wish these companies would either;
    A) Stop trying to be clever and just simply show what they're selling, where to get it from and why. Simple is rare these days.

or

B) Put a bit more thought and humour into the adverts rather than just 'If it annoys people, it does the job'.

1st post here and like the look of the place!
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those stupid itv3 adverts for People's Friend and the UKtv ones for Tena Protective Underwear.
  • Posh BlokePosh Bloke Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Hate the Mariachi Doritos one the most though. Those lads are annoying enough as it is. But the addition of the people they entertain makes me a lot angrier than it should. They're the kind of people you work with that describe themselves as 'kooky and a bit random' and have names like Harvey and Rory. They overdo it at the office party and don't stop going on about it for weeks on end. They laugh at the jokes made in studio on Top Gear. They're the person that fills in on a holiday when someone has pulled out. They annoy me greatly.
    My thoughts exactly!
  • RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Compare the market have a new one where both Sergei and Robert Webbs character are singing ebony and ivory :D
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Nescafe ad .... ad I thought was for Polyfila!

I think it goes "kids are outside got..... minutes" and then "you thinking what I am thinking" (vice versa) then you see the crack on ceiling :eek:

Remind us again Nescafe - is it coffee or Polyfila you advertising?? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    China Girl wrote: »
    The woman in the gastric band advert is Tina Malone from Shameless.
    She has been on a few programmes talking about having one done.

Ahhh, yep. My bad.

...still a shyte ad!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    kezo wrote: »
    That Nescafe ad .... ad I thought was for Polyfila!

I think it goes "kids are outside got..... minutes" and then "you thinking what I am thinking" (vice versa) then you see the crack on ceiling :eek:

Remind us again Nescafe - is it coffee or Polyfila you advertising?? :D

I love that ad, purely for the Boo Radleys' 'Wake Up It's a Beautiful Morning' at the end!:D
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    That silly ad where the woman tries to sit in the sun for "five more minutes" and things about what to cook for tea finally plumping for fish fingers :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love that ad, purely for the Boo Radleys' 'Wake Up It's a Beautiful Morning' at the end!:D

Be better if they advertised it better as I still think its for "Polyfila"! lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Underdog accident and claims (i think thats what they are called - original ad featured joe pasquale/brian blessed)

but the new ad RUINING Marvin Gaye "Heard it through the grapevine" :eek: seriously??
  • chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,807
    Forum Member

Her voice changes halfway throught the ad(listen when she asks if the kids ahave their coats).Gets much deeper and, if you look carefully, you can see it's dubbed, as the actress appears to be saying something differenent!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Gabriella wrote: »
    The co-op using a christmas song for a summer ad is annoying me big time.

Well, there's only just under six months now so time to get shopping - got my wrapping paper already;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Back in the olden days :rolleyes: of ITV it was forbidden for advertisers to use performers (even as voiceovers) who appeared on the same programme that 'surrounded' the ad. break.
    Now Discovery has Ed China advertising an engine flush system during his 'Wheelers Dealers' show.
    I think Ant and Dec also advertised something during their show(?)
    How standards have slipped..........
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,146
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    THE VAUXHALL ADVERT!:mad:

Agree - absolute shite!

There's another car advert on that I have to mute. It's the one where a baby starts crying every 10 seconds. Can't abide that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's so little class in adverts now. It is as simple as the creators of these absolute failures stick to the rule that only bad publicity is publicity.

A very, very minor thing I admit but it's the most consistent source of visual based rage for me.

I just wish these companies would either;
    A) Stop trying to be clever and just simply show what they're selling, where to get it from and why. Simple is rare these days.

or

B) Put a bit more thought and humour into the adverts rather than just 'If it annoys people, it does the job'.

1st post here and like the look of the place!

All that said... I did go out with a little Mexican and she was an awful lot of fun....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Compare the market have a new one where both Sergei and Robert Webbs character are singing ebony and ivory :D

I've not seen that one something for which I'm truly grateful :eek:
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Co-Op ruining It's The Most Wonderful Time by using it in the middle of summer is the worst by far at the moment.

Close second is Tesco's ads...seems to be their mission to use as many songs as possible. The latest is the Knight Rider theme...just give it up.:sleep:

Also the two women in The Chase sponsors irritate the shit out of me. "I'm sorry...I'm so hungryy!" Go and eat then!:rolleyes:
  • Simon_Smith3Simon_Smith3 Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    How are confused.com getting away with the ad where that robot interrupts a couple in a car indulging in semi-obvious blow-job action?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuWOQM5waQk
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Next week/this week on Hollyoaks."

GO... AWAY!! :mad:
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those Thomas Cook adverts with stupid face James Nesbitt do my nut in. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'hotels combined' ad where the guy says strawberries and cream and then practically cums in his pants.
  • Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw an ad for McCoys earlier where they may have broken down and the guy says they should ask for someone for directions, and they see an old grumpy guy with a dog that talks, and the guy who made the suggestion then goes up in some cylinder for making a silly suggestion?

I think it was meant to be funny?
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New Meerkat ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jDPY682qYs

Sainsbury's bosses must be the thickest people in the world they give out vouchers if people could get their shopping cheaper in rivals ie Sainsbury's that makes your prices high and so people won't live well for less because you are charging them more than anywhere else.

If only the thickos who shop there would realise this and think "Hey your prices are higher than the others" but clearly they don't and still shop there.
This discussion has been closed.