Death in Paradise - Series 2

Comments

• marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    I wont buy series 3 yet, will wait till its gone down in price a bit, I do begrudge paying out near £13 for it. Nearer the time of the next series will have a DiP weekend with the OH, joy will be unbounded.....

£13? your lucky. Here, converted into £, for a tv season that just came out, i would have to pay close to £30!
    I thought these people were pirates, but only here apparently! >:(
  • nic6nic6 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 1 was shot in standard definition and the BBC DVD is awful quality. Series 2&3 were shot in HD 1920x1080p which should of been released onto blu ray however they too are only available on DVD in inferior 720x576 resolution.
  • joel turcottejoel turcotte Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Turks and Caicos on BBC2 Thursday 9pm looks a nice way to get over missing DIP.
    http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/03/tv-trailer-bbc-twos-turks-caicos/
  • HissyMissyHissyMissy Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    RFS wrote: »
    Is the third DVD out already?
    [/gets ready to plan birthday money splurge and delete eppies off Sky Plus box]

It was released on 10 March. I had the same idea as you and deleted my episodes of my digital recorder!
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    HissyMissy wrote: »
    It was released on 10 March. I had the same idea as you and deleted my episodes of my digital recorder!

Bless a family friend sent me a cheque for my birthday - so old fashioned but I look at it and I see DiP Series three written ALL over it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buy the series on poor quality BBC DVD for £13 or record from you hard drive in HD onto a blu ray 25GB disc which costs £1.50.

Mmm that's a tricky choice.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/11869/20140322-ivfg-6kb.jpg
    Forum Member
    nic6 wrote: »
    Buy the series on poor quality BBC DVD for £13 or record from you hard drive in HD onto a blu ray 25GB disc which costs £1.50.

Mmm that's a tricky choice.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/11869/20140322-ivfg-6kb.jpg

But how much does a blu ray burner cost? Assume would then have to download the HD versions as my Sky Plus versions were std def ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Panasonic make the best Freeview HD/Blu ray recorders, it's all very well storing programmes on a hard drive, but once the hard drive is full then programmes have to be wiped, these Panasonic units will burn programmes in 'broadcast' quality HD onto a blu ray disc.

Also any home video can be archived too.

http://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/home-entertainment/blu-ray-and-dvd/dmr-bwt735.html
    Forum Member
    Panasonic make the best Freeview HD/Blu ray recorders, it's all very well storing programmes on a hard drive, but once the hard drive is full then programmes have to be wiped, these Panasonic units will burn programmes in 'broadcast' quality HD onto a blu ray disc.

Also any home video can be archived too.

http://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/home-entertainment/blu-ray-and-dvd/dmr-bwt735.html

Cool cheers!
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched the episode where they were trapped in the posh house overnight with the bad weather. Pretty poor episode IMO!
  • sussex_seagirlsussex_seagirl Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wench02 wrote: »
    I've just watched the episode where they were trapped in the posh house overnight with the bad weather. Pretty poor episode IMO!

I didn't think it one of the best, but I thought it was OK. The only episode out of the whole 3 series I wasn't keen on was the one where Shirley Henderson's character was drafted in when Richard was ill and Camille was away in Paris. I know that they had to do something because of Sara Martins' injury but I think that Shirley Henderson's character slipped into caricature quite a lot.

I didn't really think any of the episodes this series were particularly poor, but that might have been because I was traumatised by Richards death in the first episode and then very relieved that KM was much better as Humphrey than I expected him to be for the rest of the series. Perhaps I was distracted by that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will be interesting to watch the last episode this weekend
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I've just watched the last episode looks like my parents needed pacing off years ago to a retirement home judging by the "old" people in the one on at Marie.

It was better than the previous epsisode, but really not impressed with "oh my god I'm suddenly in love with Camille" speech at the end.
    Forum Member
    Wench02 wrote: »
    So I've just watched the last episode looks like my parents needed pacing off years ago to a retirement home judging by the "old" people in the one on at Marie.

I know right.. although my parents left a paradise island to settle in the UK ... I mean go figure! I have berated them for this many times, from about the age of 5 when it snowed on my birthday in March!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The company I work for has job oppertunities in the carribean... I will get myself out there with my electrified cattle prod!

But that asides, will watch next series if there's nothing else to watch but it's not got me hooked like the previous ones!
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Death in Paradise Series One
    Repeated on Alibi from June 2nd 2014

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=72783412#post72783412
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,664
    Forum Member
    That post is wrong. It's not 20 mins shorter; it's 20 mins longer to include ad breaks.
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That post is wrong. It's not 20 mins shorter; it's 20 mins longer to include ad breaks.

Ehhh ??
    Stigid wrote: »
    Mon, June 2 · 21:00-22:20 · Alibi
    Death in Paradise
    Episode One, Series One

Repeated
    Tue, June 3 · 20:00-21:00 · Alibi
    (But 20 minutes shorter duration !
    Pre 9pm Watershed ?)

• carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,664
    Forum Member
    Whoops :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    20 minutes of adverts, don't tell me people actually pay to watch this channel.
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    20 minutes of adverts, don't tell me people actually pay to watch this channel.

It's free. And I watch it often as Sherlock, Luther and New Tricks are on it. If Death In Paradise was an ITV show you'd get close to 20 minutes of ads but only a 45 minute show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the trick is to record it why you can when broadcast by the BBC with no logo (or dog) in the top corner and no adverts. Channels such as Alibi, Drama and UK Gold are just 'advert' channels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just bought and watched all of series 2 on DVD (I dont have a TV).

I have to say that in comparison series 3 is really quite poor.
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »

Reading the end of that it says that Fidel is leaving? Is that correct? Leaving the show? That'd be a real shame.