PINNED:Series 7 Episode 5: The Angels Take Manhattan-29/09/12 19.20 BBC1

king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sorry, first episode thread I have made, probably won't work but there you go. This week we have The Ponds exit, will it be death or the old sobbing goodbye, let's see how Moffat handles his first exit, with River and The Angels.
In the Space Trailer for this episode, The Doctor's hands yellow when he touches Amy, also in the trailer he says "Sorry But You just died"
http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-angels-take-manhattan-clip-39932.htm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00ywj67
Please don't shout if I get it wrong, thanks, enjoy the episode

What did you think of the episode? 824 votes

Excellent
63% 526 votes
Good
22% 182 votes
Average
9% 77 votes
Poor
2% 24 votes
Awful
1% 15 votes

Comments

• Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, first episode thread I have made, probably won't work but there you go. This week we have The Ponds exit, will it be death or the old sobbing goodbye, let's see how Moffat handles his first exit, with River and The Angels.
    In the Space Trailer for this episode, The Doctor's hands yellow when he touches Amy, also in the trailer he says "Sorry But You just died"
    http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-angels-take-manhattan-clip-39932.htm
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00ywj67
    Please don't shout if I get it wrong, thanks, enjoy the episode
    Isn't it River's hand that he touches and its her that's glowing?

Good job with the thread, hopefully the Mods will pin it for you soon :)
  • king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my gosh i really do have that bittersweet feeling when i read and see the trailer for the episode...this is going to be such a powerful episode with so much weighing on it....this is gonna be no holds barred emotionally packed stuff....and with those Angels...man oh man its gonna be a thrill ride...and YAY River!!
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone has already voted for option 5! :confused::eek: A bit previous, I think.:rolleyes:
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haters gonna hate as the old saying goes. :rolleyes:

I really don't think the poll should be up this early anyway, it's just asking for trouble. Not a fault on the OP though... just the nature of the Internet.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bookmarking this thread, though I have no intention of posting in it during the show, I'll only be back after. I personally don't understand how it's possible to post and watch at the same time, and I want to concentrate on the Ponds' last episode!

I love the poll options, though part of me is a stickler for tradition and thinks they should be the standard ones, but I guess if any episode deserves its own unique poll, it'll be this one :D
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We clearly have a time traveller in our midst!
    For me this is up there with TEOT as pure unescapable event television of the kind only Doctor Who can provide. However my sadness is more profound as I just am not ready to see Amy and Rory leave that blue box. But change is part of the shows beauty so I shall summon a stiff upper lip worthy of the Brigadier himself and look forward to a wonderful farewell for our two friends. Here's to it!
  • king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread will PINNED after the episode airs, sorry.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody's already voted? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the person that voted is pretty much the definition of a troll :rolleyes: Or they've seen it already...

Edit: That can't be right if they'd seen it they'd never give it a 1 :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone... just thought i'd chime in with what i think might be the outcome of this episode, and this is my own personal opinion and should not be considered as spoilers as its based on guess work only :)

I Think that the angels may be linked to the silence as this story takes place in manhatten which is where river was after the 6 months??(i think) time in DotM, she also appears to be wearing the same clothes as she was in DotM in the next time trailer seen at the end of the last episode.

what do you guys think??
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Yog101Yog101 Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched Blink the other night in anticipation for this weekends episode. if it's anywhere near as good as that I'll be happy.
    Unfortunately I'm out Saturday night, so won't be able to watch it till Sunday :eek:

Going to have to put myself on Social Media lock-down between the show airing and me watching it. :)
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why on earth is there a poll already up? Surely the moderators should scrap it and re-instate it another time- maybe something crazy like AFTER THE EPISODE HAS ACTUALLY AIRED? :rolleyes:
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why the Angels are coming after the Ponds. If we've had warning signs throughout the first 4 episodes with flashing lights, did the Doctor know to start with?

In any case it looks like a really good episode and it would be worth watching Closing Time again to really see how the Doctor would behave without them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the funny thing i while it was of course one of the best series 3 episodes...i havent truly "loved" Blink...I mean sure it was tense and all and had fun moments but i never really liked something about it...rewatched a few times and there was something i really dont like about it for some reason....I know everyone says its a "modern clasic" and yes it did introduce the Weeping Angels in such a powerful way (they did make impact hard early on of coruse) but i didnt feel for the episode...may be something to do with the Sally Sparrow storyline perhaps.

Whereas Time Of Angels/Flesh & Stone was terrific! a corker of a WA two parter still to this day!

But i feel that much like "genesis" (Although for me Asylum has taken that title...just! it still has such a power rewatching it) seems to be THE Dalek story i have a feeling this will be considered THE Weeping Angels story...so much surrounding it. Ponds dramatic finale, twists and turns and a new elevation of the Angels species it feels and looks like...cannot wait! :cool:

But i will be a wreck after it airs!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the funny thing i while it was of course one of the best series 3 episodes...i havent truly "loved" Blink...I mean sure it was tense and all and had fun moments but i never really liked something about it...rewatched a few times and there was something i really dont like about it for some reason....I know everyone says its a "modern clasic" and yes it did introduce the Weeping Angels in such a powerful way (they did make impact hard early on of coruse) but i didnt feel for the episode...may be something to do with the Sally Sparrow storyline perhaps.

Whereas Time Of Angels/Flesh & Stone was terrific! a corker of a WA two parter still to this day!

But i feel that much like "genesis" (Although for me Asylum has taken that title...just! it still has such a power rewatching it) seems to be THE Dalek story i have a feeling this will be considered THE Weeping Angels story...so much surrounding it. Ponds dramatic finale, twists and turns and a new elevation of the Angels species it feels and looks like...cannot wait! :cool:

But i will be a wreck after it airs!

^^ This (except for Genesis, I've not seen it :D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ This (except for Genesis, I've not seen it :D)

oh genesis is an incredible storyline....thats the thing with classic Who...you ne a lot of patience part 1 - 6 or whatever but genesis is worth it if you have the time ;)

but Asylum is now my personal favourite Dalek story ever! :)

But totally i mean Blink is a good episode to me but i didnt feel it like near enough everyone else did but i lvoed the series 5 two parter and looks set to blow everything out of the water this week :eek:
  • WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blink is a million miles ahead of anything that SM has written since he became showrunner.

IMO of course.......
  • WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth is there a poll already up? Surely the moderators should scrap it and re-instate it another time- maybe something crazy like AFTER THE EPISODE HAS ACTUALLY AIRED? :rolleyes:

I agree, particularly when the options are different to every other episode thread this season.....
  • BeerCupsBeerCups Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    WelshNige wrote: »
    Blink is a million miles ahead of anything that SM has written since he became showrunner.

IMO of course.......

I agree with this totally!!

I really do like SM and i think he is very clever in the storylines he writes (most of the time) but there was something different about BLINK.

I also really like the characters of Amy and Rory, but SM has not provided me with enough of an emotional attachment to them, something that has been lacking in recent series.

I think with BLINK i have more of an emotional attachment to Sally Sparrow than i have in series 5, 6 & 7 with Amy and Rory.

Something has been missing with them, and if there characters were written with that emotional attachment i gained from Sally Sparrow, i think i would have loved Amy and Rory even more.

I will be sad to see them go, i honestly did think they were brilliant, but i just don't think i will cry, like with the departures of Rose (not martha) and the wreck that i was when Donna Noble took on the timelord conciousness :cry:
  • DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...this is gonna be no holds barred emotionally packed stuff...

yuck!
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So here we are, on the last page...
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    The Times have made it Pick of the Day and given it a good write up. It starts "Sneaky, clever old Steven Moffat....". :)

But no spoilers.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's sad that Doctor Who has already finished for 2012 (aside from one Christmas episode)...but I can tell that this is going to be a fantastic episode.
    I'll be sad to see the Ponds go, but ultimately I feel that it's for the best. The show needs to move on and constantly change. :)

Also, I really hope Moffat has thrown some tantalising hints about the rest of the series in there. I want something to think about from now until Christmas.