Gamewise top 100 games of all time

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
Forum Member
As voted by the users of Gamewise. Generally a good list - love seeing Super Metroid and Suikoden II up so high:

http://gamewise.co/games/top-rated

Comments

• DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't agree with number 1. I just don't see what everyone loves about this game.

Generally, it's a list I see a lot of disagreements with. Resident Evil: Revelations higher than any 'classic' RE? Really?
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All those Mario games? I cannot stand them. Dull as dishwater.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Final fantasy 7, number 24? WHAAAATTTTT?
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    LOL!! Uncharted 2 at number 3. I despair for modern day gamers sometimes.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Opened URL.

CTRL+F - Find: Elite

0 results.

Article: Dismissed.
    Forum Member
    Hang on.. so no GTA, Halo, Banjo Kazooie, REZ, Phantasy Star Online, No Sega Rally, Daytona, Forza, Fable, Bioshock, Elite, Tetris, Tomb Raider, Outrun, NiGHTS, Doom, Moneky Island, Prince of Persia. PGR, R-Type..

Plus there's no Bayonetta , Ninja Gaiden or DMC game but two God of War games in the top 15 and FOUR in the top 100. HAHA I think we all know what demographic actually voted on this "poll".
  • Lith66Lith66 Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    kiddies list. just makes me want to slap them with a old game-master magazine
  • Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on.. so no GTA, Halo, Banjo Kazooie, REZ, Phantasy Star Online, No Sega Rally, Daytona, Forza, Fable, Bioshock, Elite, Tetris, Tomb Raider, Outrun, NiGHTS, Doom, Moneky Island, Prince of Persia. PGR, R-Type..

Plus there's no Bayonetta , Ninja Gaiden or DMC game but two God of War games in the top 15 and FOUR in the top 100. HAHA I think we all know what demographic actually voted on this "poll".

...and Deus Ex is only 22.

And no System Shock 2 either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Full of Mario games - yawn, hmm where are the blue hedgehogs?

Uncharted 2 as low as 3 - what are they thinking of?

Portal at 70 WTF!
    Forum Member

I know - 2 places too low. Best SP I have ever played, and I have played quite a few games.

I remember the first tennis games.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Wow that list is just, ...dull, it's like a running joke of predictable games, I think all Mario games are in there, nearly all the God of War games, etc, but no Monkey Island, GTA, Sonic the Hedgehog, etc, it's looks like a list voted for by Sony and Nintendo fanboys and no one gave the Microsoft fanboys the memo! :p
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    The highest one I really like is 25th.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Super Mario Galaxy are the worst Mario games out there, shouldn't even have a spot in the list never mind BOTH in the top 10! Super Mario allstars is in there... it's not even a game it's a compilation of games. The best Mario game in my opinion isn't even on the list.

Donkey Kong Country Returns charts above the original, and DKC2&3 aren't even on the list, wow.

And where is Banjo-Kazooie? Arguably on of the most perfect games in existence.

Poor list.
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an awful list, I know that it's a public vote and all down to opinion etc., but it reads like one guy's top 100 games list on a blog somewhere.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As voted by the users of Gamewise.

How many users is that then? 1?

Awful list. If I had my flamethrower on hand I would of used it on my PC monitor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Killzone 3 makes the list but not the superior Killzone 2?

Uncharted 3 at 33! I love Uncharted but putting it that high is a stretch at the best of times. And what is GoW: Ghosts of Sparta doing at 45? And how many Pokemon games are on that list, bizarre choices.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree but at least it's the only one, can't argue with the list otherwise really, but meh is that really at number 3 disgracefull

The ones saying awful list are probably the young kids who had PS3s and Xbox's shoved in there face and have never lived or played these amazing oldies.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Sensible soccer??? Golden axe??? Doom???? GTA??

Goldeneye should be higher up donkey Kong country snes should be higher up, this list is a bit of a joke
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Super Mario Bros. 3 should be ahead of the Mario Galaxy games (though I only played the 1st MG). I'd have Mario 3 at No.2, arguably the best Mario game ever with Mario World.
    Goldeneye, Yoshi's Island and the original Mario Bros should be higher up. Donkey Kong Country and Perfect Dark should be higher up.
    Can't believe DKC2 and 3 arent on the list, as each game improved upon the original in terms of graphics AND gameplay, with objects to find and stuff.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Call of duty may have become too popular now and gets a lot of stick, but Call of Duty 4 deserves its place in every one of these lists. The fact that it not in there along with just about every Xbox exclusive game (left 4 dead,Gears of War, Halo,Forza etc) says a lot for this list.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    The ones saying awful list are probably the young kids who had PS3s and Xbox's shoved in there face and have never lived or played these amazing oldies.

If you actually read the thread, most complaints are coming in about the lack of variety and odd choices, for example, do THAT many God of War and Pokemon games need to be on the list? Why do THAT many Mario games, one which is just a COMPILATION, need to be on the list?

Where are the old classics? No Monkey Island, Oddworld, Max Payne, etc and then you do have a lack of modern titles to, Alan Wake, any Halo games, etc.

As I said earlier, the list seems to be made up of mainly Nintendo and Sony franchises*, it's like someone forgot to notify the Xbox fans to make it a complete fanboy list.

*as well as the typical OMG FINAL FANTSY 7 choices.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    No Doom, Streetfighter either?
    I could understand 1 Pokemon game there (especially the early ones - Red/Blue and Yellow) but not several of them. And where's the classic Tetris?
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    Call of duty may have become too popular now and gets a lot of stick, but Call of Duty 4 deserves its place in every one of these lists. The fact that it not in there along with just about every Xbox exclusive game (left 4 dead,Gears of War, Halo,Forza etc) says a lot for this list.

Absolutely, was going to mention that myself. Regardless of your opinion no top 100 list would be complete without a COD game, I also nominate COD 4 since it revolutionised console online multiplayer. Great game, I haven't played the last 2 installments yet but I agree it get's far too much hate these days.
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    If you actually read the thread, most complaints are coming in about the lack of variety and odd choices, for example, do THAT many God of War and Pokemon games need to be on the list? Why do THAT many Mario games, one which is just a COMPILATION, need to be on the list?

Where are the old classics? No Monkey Island, Oddworld, Max Payne, etc and then you do have a lack of modern titles to, Alan Wake, any Halo games, etc.

As I said earlier, the list seems to be made up of mainly Nintendo and Sony franchises*, it's like someone forgot to notify the Xbox fans to make it a complete fanboy list.

*as well as the typical OMG FINAL FANTSY 7 choices.

Yes you would have to be either a Nintendo or Sony fanboy of quite epic proportions to think that list was justified. It's also a very American-centric list too.
    Forum Member
    Did you see how low HL2 was?

BTW I would have placed Uncharted 2 at 1, best game I have ever played