so the 50th anniversary, what actually can be done as a sensational epsiode?

garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
Forum Member
I can only think of three possibility's.

a multi doctor story anything from 2 to 11 doctors.

a multi enemy story, ie the master and the daleks.

a go back into the time war as mentioned many times in series 1 of the new who.

any ideas?

Comments

• saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of those three options I think only two is feasible. But i think its a bit small minded to claim those three rather unoriginal concepts are the only viable options. A writer like Moffat will have a million ideas and whatever they are you can be certain of one thing...they will be far greater than anything fandom could ever dream up.

i would prefer something more in the vein of Remembrance of the Daleks than the Five Doctors.
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Expect therr will be a few twists and turns. Hope it will be a suitable tribute to the previous doctors and companions.
  • mattb_1987mattb_1987 Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Throw in the previous Doctors, a peppering of companions and as many enemies as possible.

This will make me one happy fan!
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There should be Doctor Who vehicles too:D
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    There should be Doctor Who vehicles too:D

Bessie has to put in an appearance. Would love to see the Eleventh Doctor bombing about in her with Kate Stewart and Clara.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what about Jon Pertwee's hovercraft/car as well?:D
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    what about Jon Pertwee's hovercraft/car as well?:D

Does that still exist?

Thought that was Pertwee's own property, from what I've read elsewhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Does that still exist?

If it does, maybe they could borrow it.
  • DavidusDavidus Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    A multi Doctor episode would be great but if it's true that's the episode is only going to be 60 minutes long, then I think it most unlikely.

Bringing back Gallifrey/Time Lords would be a good idea, but I can see Moffat steering clear of that idea as RTD seemed to have touched upon that already, but cannot rule it out altogether.

A multi enemy episode again has kind of been done with the Pandorica so maybe not, although I wouldn't object to the Master returning.

I reckon that he might show the Fall of the Eleventh in some way, or if a regeneration is in the pipeline, then this may be used then.

Also, the mystery of Oswin/Clara could be involved in the episode somehow.

Or none of the above and something completely different.

I sincerely hope that the episode won't be drummed up to be something special and then only to see it fall flat on its face in an anti-climatic type of way.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it really will be worthy of a 50th anniversary special :D
  • snakecharmer37snakecharmer37 Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    A writer like Moffat will have a million ideas and whatever they are you can be certain of one thing...they will be far greater than anything fandom could ever dream up.

I have agreed with you on a lot of the posts you have written, but here I must draw the line.
    I have read fan novels etc that have been a thousand times better than anything Moffat has ever done, or is even likely to do, in my opinion. Granted, one persons joy is anothers misery, but I do think it's a bit over the top for you to say that nothing dreamed up by anyone else would be a patch on Moffats ideas.
    The guy is far from infallible, and I don't think he is as creative and imaginative as some of his predecessors.
    As for his ideas for the 50th, I can't comment until more information comes our way. However, time will tell if he disappoints or pleases the majority.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Does that still exist?

It still existed 10 years ago.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/features/2003/11/doctor_who_car.shtml
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to se a story where the doctor is thrown back in time, to his own past as a time lord, at the very beginning of the creation of time lords
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    I have agreed with you on a lot of the posts you have written, but here I must draw the line.
    I have read fan novels etc that have been a thousand times better than anything Moffat has ever done, or is even likely to do, in my opinion. Granted, one persons joy is anothers misery, but I do think it's a bit over the top for you to say that nothing dreamed up by anyone else would be a patch on Moffats ideas.
    The guy is far from infallible, and I don't think he is as creative and imaginative as some of his predecessors.
    As for his ideas for the 50th, I can't comment until more information comes our way. However, time will tell if he disappoints or pleases the majority.

BIB: It's far easier to write a good story for a novel, where there are no constaints on the imagination, than it is to write a good story that's capable of being made as a TV episode.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The return to the junk yard.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there will be a huge full circle element to the actual 50th episode. 'Silence will fall when the question is asked' is very similar to 'he will knock three times' and I can just see a huge, cataclysmic event coming, much bigger than a regeneration.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    I would like it if it's not just a multi-Doctor episode, it's a sort of multi-story episode (not in a car park kind of way!).

By that, I mean that it would be nice if we could maybe have the Eleventh Doctor journeying into his past lives and adventures (via technical wizardry and clever use of old footage for the first three) - because when you think about it, it's always the other way round, the old Doctors come to the future, never the current Doctor going into the past.

If anyone's read The Eight Doctors, that's the kind of concept I mean. It could be a whistle-stop tour through the Doctor's life (and the show's life). Throw in a big plot to build it around, The Master, some Daleks, and newly shot stuff instead of archive footage for whatever Doctors are willing/able, and it would be magnificent!

They could even tie it into the "Doctor Who?" arc - the Doctor is forced to look back on his whole life and come to terms with who he really is, and always has been.