Played around with HTC One and S3 in shop yesterday - unimpressed with both.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I thought they would be light years ahead of the game but these two phone were a big disappointment.
The HTC One screen brightness levels and sound quality were really poor. The S3 just seemed boring, slight lag with the screen and it looked very fragile.
:mad:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they would be light years ahead of the game but these two phone were a big disappointment.
    The HTC One screen brightness levels and sound quality were really poor. The S3 just seemed boring, slight lag with the screen and it looked very fragile.

Bizarre, are you sure it was the HTC One you had hold of, both the screen and the sound quality are amazing!!
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol you are the only person who says sound quality is crap the HTC one probably has the best speakers of any phone at the moment perhaps the screen brightness isn't the highest of any phone but the screen it self is phenomenal and performs brilliantly.
  • hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the sounds quality of the HTC One was meant to be really good? I've seen it being tested on a review and said on here.

You should test the s4 when it renews stock see what the lag difference are between that and the s3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hsellors wrote: »
    I thought the sounds quality of the HTC One was meant to be really good? I've seen it being tested on a review and said on here.

You should test the s4 when it renews stock see what the lag difference are between that and the s3.

The sound quality of the HTC one is phenomenal he is the only person I honestly have heard about who has said the sound quality is crap. It's the only thing which between the HTC one and the S4 is a definite HTC win everything else is down to personal preference.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Are you sure it wasn't the HTC One XL? The One (M7) has amazing sound quality, easily better than S3, iPhone, Sony, Nokia etc. I'm hearing its better than the S4 sound wise!

If it were not for the S3 comment I'd have thought you were up to this ;)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mobileweb/2013/04/18/samsung-fake-reviews_n_3106930.html
  • hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you sure it wasn't the HTC One XL? The One (M7) has amazing sound quality, easily better than S3, iPhone, Sony, Nokia etc. I'm hearing its better than the S4 sound wise!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mobileweb/2013/04/18/samsung-fake-reviews_n_3106930.html

That's embarrassing but then I bet most bad reviews on Trip Advisor are probably written by rival hotels!

Not good practice for such a large company.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hsellors wrote: »

Maybe it was up wrong in the shop, but I checked the brightness settings and they were on full yet it still looked low when compared to other phones.
    Besides that it is a lump of a phone - Way too big for daily comfortable use. I will keep looking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah if someone doesn't think the HTC one sounds good should go to the doctors get there ears checked.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member

What phone do you have now?
  • Billy BumblyBilly Bumbly Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    The screen and sound output on the H1 are the very best on a phone. You can't get better. If you are disappointed with the H1 then it is pointless looking elsewhere because EVERY other phone is worse.
  • mebiscuitmebiscuit Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Us HTC One users are so protective of our device aren't we. Have to say though, the sound and brightness are impressive, the latter performing well at any angle. Which is more than can be said about HTC One's rival, the Sony Xperia Z apparently!