will we see an Ipod Touch 6g this year?

dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
Forum Member
I Curennly have the ipod touch 4g which is on the edge of being useless and wanting to upgrade it but should i get the 5g or do you think we will get an update this year?

theres been alot of rumours about the iphone 5s and the cheap iphone but nothing about the touch is this a sign or nothing has been leaked?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't heard anything about an updated iPod touch either. It may be like when they released a white version of it, but still running an older (A4 I think) processor and called it 'new'. An updated colour range maybe, and a slim possibility of it being updated to the A6 processor. Wouldn't expect the fingerprint tech until next year at the earliest as it always seems to use hand me downs nowadays.
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is the 4th gen on the edge of being useless?
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe because it won't be getting ios7. Some say it is quite laggy on ios6 even. I haven't used one myself though.
  • pumazoomapumazooma Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's coming round to that time of year when the updated model lines are imminent. Usually Sept/Oct.

The Touch had quite a big update last year so I would think it'll be quite a minor one this time round. I don't think the iOS7 update is too big a deal in terms of 'future proofing'. Stuff running iOS5 is still well catered for (although more apps are iOS6 or above now). Just depends if you want the latest look.

I'm in the market for a new Nano myself so I'm going to hold off for the updates.
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member

Well mines quite laggy im not sure if its broken or just to do with ios 6 as said but i need an upgrade