Back To Camelot: Merlin Series 1 discussion thread (beginning Saturday 5th January)

Comments

• Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    *Giggles to self about Keren thinking she is Arthur's favourite.. if only she knew the amount of maids he takes to his chambers

:(:cry: I AM his favourite. I'm the only one he regularly takes on quests, and night time quests with him.
  • Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :(:cry: I AM his favourite. I'm the only one he regularly takes on quests, and night time quests with him.

Well, he takes me too, but admittedly in the capacity of Chief Carrier.
  • star89star89 Posts: 23,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avi8 wrote: »
    Well, he take me too, but admittedly in the capacity of Chief Carrier.

I'm still in hysterics about you wanting to be his horse. Everytime he rides a horse on Merlin now I'm going to laugh :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still in hysterics about you wanting to be his horse. Everytime he rides a horse on Merlin now I'm going to laugh :D:D

I'm quite pleased to have been allowed to have this honour. It really works for me: Arthur gets to ride me, Merlin gets to groom me, I am not in competition with any other horse, maid, lady, and I don't have to bother about the other knights.

I'm sorted. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite pleased to have been allowed to have this honour. It really works for me: Arthur gets to ride me, Merlin gets to groom me, I am not in competition with any other horse, maid, lady, and I don't have to bother about the other knights.

I'm sorted. :D

It's really something when you envy the life of a horse :p

I think after this dedication to him Arthur should definitely be yours Avi :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really something when you envy the life of a horse :p

I think after this dedication to him Arthur should definitely be yours Avi :D

Awww thanks hun. :) I won't say no. :D
  • SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Sir Stu strides manfully into audience chamber and finds his ward in conversation with...a horse :confused: wanders over, bows to ward and presents her with a large selection of coloured samples of the finest silk so she can choose what she wants for Saturdays banquet and ball :) Presents Avi8 with a carrot and a sugar lump* :D

Good evening ladies and mares :)

After much consideration I've decided that in the interests of harmony on Saturday night no knight will be allowed to carry his own sword at the banquet. It will be compulsory for ALL knights to hand over their swords to the lady or ladies of their choice - who I feel sure will take good care of the weapon entrusted to them and use them in a responsible manner :D

My biggest concern though is about Excalibur and Mordred's sword...If any ladies are handling any of these during the evening, PLEASE make sure that Excalibur is kept well away from Morgana and that Mordred's sword is kept well away from Arthur, because if either get too close all hell will probably break loose :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sir Stu strides manfully into audience chamber and finds his ward in conversation with...a horse :confused: wanders over, bows to ward and presents her with a large selection of coloured samples of the finest silk so she can choose what she wants for Saturdays banquet and ball :) Presents Avi8 with a carrot and a sugar lump* :D

Mmmm carrots and sugar lumps - my favourites. Thank you Sir Stu. :D

And why shouldn't Lady Star be talking to me? Don't you know many girls have a thing for their ponies? (not that I am Lady Star's pony, but she recognises a beautiful horse when she sees one.)

And, erm, I don't want to worry you, but this is not the audience chamber. Lady Star would hardly be talking to a horse in the audience chamber, would she? And, much as Arthur loves me, he is not a madman, you know. He does not invite his horse into the castle. You have wandered into the stables by mistake, and the Royal Stables, at that. I would humbly suggest a visit to Gaius to see if he can fix you up with some spectacles.

But feel free to come visiting again, especially if you bring carrots and sugar lumps. Just watch out tonight. I understand Arthur will be here instructing his manservant Merlin in the finer arts of horse grooming tonight. I wouldn't want you to walk in on something that may embarrass you. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mmmm carrots and sugar lumps - my favourites. Thank you Sir Stu. :D

And why shouldn't Lady Star be talking to me? Don't you know many girls have a thing for their ponies? (not that I am Lady Star's pony, but she recognises a beautiful horse when she sees one.)

And, erm, I don't want to worry you, but this is not the audience chamber. Lady Star would hardly be talking to a horse in the audience chamber, would she? And, much as Arthur loves me, he is not a madman, you know. He does not invite his horse into the castle. You have wandered into the stables by mistake, and the Royal Stables, at that. I would humbly suggest a visit to Gaius to see if he can fix you up with some spectacles.

But feel free to come visiting again, especially if you bring carrots and sugar lumps. Just watch out tonight. I understand Arthur will be here instructing his manservant Merlin in the finer arts of horse grooming tonight. I wouldn't want you to walk in on something that may embarrass you. ;)

1st BIB - Really? :eek:

2nd BIB - Have I? :o

3rd BIB - Who do you think made the glasses I'm wearing now? The useless old git :mad:

4th BIB - Thank you for your concern :) but as Morgana is in a dominatrix mood at the moment I don't think she'd let me get off the rack to go to the stables even if I wanted to...which I wouldn't :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First of all can I just say that any stranger to the thread, after reading the past 2 pages, will be calling the men with white coats :o
    *Sir Stu strides manfully into audience chamber and finds his ward in conversation with...a horse wanders over, bows to ward and presents her with a large selection of coloured samples of the finest silk so she can choose what she wants for Saturdays banquet and ball. Presents Avi8 with a carrot and a sugar lump*

Evening my good Sir *curtsies*

Omg Stu you can't swing this on me at random *looks at all the fabrics and panic's* Please leave them in my chambers and I shall discuss with Natarhi but I'm edging towards the red, I want to make a bold statement :D
    Good evening ladies and mares

After much consideration I've decided that in the interests of harmony on Saturday night no knight will be allowed to carry his own sword at the banquet. It will be compulsory for ALL knights to hand over their swords to the lady or ladies of their choice - who I feel sure will take good care of the weapon entrusted to them and use them in a responsible manner

My biggest concern though is about Excalibur and Mordred's sword...If any ladies are handling any of these during the evening, PLEASE make sure that Excalibur is kept well away from Morgana and that Mordred's sword is kept well away from Arthur, because if either get too close all hell will probably break loose

I think that Smint should hold on to Excalibur as she's probably the person most trusted with it.

I shall gladly keep a firm hold of Sir Mordred's sword and make sure it is well looked after and hidden within my dress :)

This post made me :D the whole way through, you are on fire today Avi ;)
    1st BIB - Really?

2nd BIB - Have I?

3rd BIB - Who do you think made the glasses I'm wearing now? The useless old git :mad:

4th BIB - Thank you for your concern :) but as Morgana is in a dominatrix mood at the moment I don't think she'd let me get off the rack to go to the stables even if I wanted to...which I wouldn't

And I was about to pop up to confer with her as to the colour of my dress for the ball... Oh well I'l risk it, *heads towards Morgana's chambers* ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First of all can I just say that any stranger to the thread, after reading the past 2 pages, will be calling the men with white coats :o

I'm amazed that the mods are allowing this to go on!

This post made me :D the whole way through, you are on fire today Avi ;)

It is a scary thought, but being a horse appears to be my natural calling. :eek: :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening my good Sir *curtsies*

Omg Stu you can't swing this on me at random *looks at all the fabrics and panic's* Please leave them in my chambers and I shall discuss with Natarhi but I'm edging towards the red, I want to make a bold statement :D

I think that Smint should hold on to Excalibur as she's probably the person most trusted with it.

I shall gladly keep a firm hold of Sir Mordred's sword and make sure it is well looked after and hidden within my dress
    :)

And I was about to pop up to confer with her as to the colour of my dress for the ball... Oh well I'l risk it, *heads towards Morgana's chambers* ;):D

BIB - It really is quite humbling to have such resourceful ladies here in Camelot :) and as long as you're sure you won't find it uncomfortable you can hold it all night if you like :D

It's ok to see Morgana now...she's just trying on a few pairs of thigh-high leather boots at the moment and would probably appreciate hearing your opinion anyway :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is a scary thought, but being a horse appears to be my natural calling. :eek: :rolleyes:

Lol (literally LOL) :D:D
    BIB - It really is quite humbling to have such resourceful ladies here in Camelot :) and as long as you're sure you won't find it uncomfortable you can hold it all night if you like :D

It's ok to see Morgana now...she's just trying on a few pairs of thigh-high leather boots at the moment and would probably appreciate hearing your opinion anyway :D

I'm sure I can manage to keep a firm grip on it all evening. I shall let him wield it himself when we are safetly away from the banquet hall :)

*Runs upto Morgana's chambers to see if she needs my assistance/opinion* :)
  • NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol! :D Good evening Sir Stu!
    After much consideration I've decided that in the interests of harmony on Saturday night no knight will be allowed to carry his own sword at the banquet. It will be compulsory for ALL knights to hand over their swords to the lady or ladies of their choice - who I feel sure will take good care of the weapon entrusted to them and use them in a responsible manner
    What a sensible idea. You really are excelling yourself with this banquet my noble Sir, I can hardly wait for the festivities. :D
    I think the red will look fabulous on you my lady. :)

I shall gladly keep a firm hold of Sir Mordred's sword and make sure it is well looked after and hidden within my dress :)
    As Excalibur is Arthur's sword I should imagine that either Lowri or Keren will want to keep a firm grasp on it. (Perhaps they will take turns to hold it?) Princess Smint will probably have enough to do holding Percival's sword and she can also grab Gwaine's when I'm not holding it, as I shall also need to take charge of Elyan's and Leon's (luckily I will have Cadiva to grip Leon's sword as well). :)
    Well, we're more or less on topic...:p
    It is a scary thought, but being a horse appears to be my natural calling. :eek:
    Hahahahaha! Well as long as you're happy. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natarhi wrote: »
    I think the red will look fabulous on you my lady. :)

Why thank you my love. Choose which colour you would like from the silks and I'l have your dress made aswel. My treat for you being the best maid in all the land :D
    As Excalibur is Arthur's sword I should imagine that either Lowri or Keren will want to keep a firm grasp on it. (Perhaps they will take turns to hold it?) Princess Smint will probably have enough to do holding Percival's sword and she can also grab Gwaine's when I'm not holding it, as I shall also need to take charge of Elyan's and Leon's (luckily I will have Cadiva to grip Leon's sword as well). :)

I cannot trust such a mighty sword in the hands of a maid :eek: Lowri will have to take charge of Excalibur, Keren can handle it once it and its owner have left the banquet hall ;)

Smint can keep charge of Sir Percival and Sir Elyans swords and you and Cadiva can keep hold of Sir Gwaine and Sir Leon's. Due to the seating plan it makes more sense for those of certain tables to take care of the swords of those Knights which are allocated at their table :)
    (If Smint needs a spare hand feel free to help her)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol! :D Good evening Sir Stu!

What a sensible idea. You really are excelling yourself with this banquet my noble Sir, I can hardly wait for the festivities. :D

Good evening Natarhi :)

I do hope that there isn't an unseemly struggle for Excalibur and poor Arthur's sword gets waved around willy-nilly while my Morgana is in the room...She won't like that at all and neither will my fiesty ward :(

*Pictures Sir Stu's Banquet going down in history as the event that led directly to another civil war and feels pretty crappy about it* :(:D

btw...I must say you're a plucky little thing Natarhi :) to take charge of several swords at once is a responsibility few could take on, and I think it's highly commendable that you're not only are willing to do so but also give such a strong impression that you're more than capable of giving each sword your fullest attention :) My ward did well in choosing such a selfless maid :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why thank you my love. Choose which colour you would like from the silks and I'l have your dress made aswel. My treat for you being the best maid in all the land :D
    :o Thank you my lady! I think I'll go with the navy blue, then I can embroider it with silver or gold depending on which jewellery I decide to wear.
    Smint can keep charge of Sir Percival and Sir Elyans swords and you and Cadiva can keep hold of Sir Gwaine and Sir Leon's. Due to the seating plan it makes more sense for those of certain tables to take care of the swords of those Knights which are allocated at their table
    (If Smint needs a spare hand feel free to help her)
    I imagine Smint may need a hand when it comes to the chatting/mingling/dancing part of the evening. At which point I shall be more than happy to lend my services. :D
    *Pictures Sir Stu's Banquet going down in history as the event that led directly to another civil war and feels pretty crappy about it* :(:D
    Don't worry Sir Stu, I'm sure your banquet shall be memorable for all the right reasons. Us ladies and maids are more than capable of ensuring all weapons are kept in order. ;)
    btw...I must say you're a plucky little thing Natarhi :) to take charge of several swords at once is a responsibility few could take on, and I think it's highly commendable that you not only are willing to do so but also give such a strong impression that you're more than capable of giving each sword your fullest attention :) My ward did well in choosing such a selfless maid :D
    :o Why thank you. It's all part and parcel of being a good ladies maid. I've trained tirelessly so that I can handle any number of swords, and not only keep track of them all but give them each a fair share of my attention.
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot trust such a mighty sword in the hands of a maid :eek: Lowri will have to take charge of Excalibur, Keren can handle it once it and its owner have left the banquet hall ;)

It would be a privilege to look after such a magnificent weapon.
    I also selflessly offer my services should Merlin ever need any help with his sword. I know I'm not supposed to fraternise with the staff but we all know how clumsy Merlin is and Arthur would be rather cross if he were to hurt himself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope that there isn't an unseemly struggle for Excalibur and poor Arthur's sword gets waved around willy-nilly while my Morgana is in the room...She won't like that at all and neither will my fiesty ward :(

*Pictures Sir Stu's Banquet going down in history as the event that led directly to another civil war and feels pretty crappy about it*

Do not fear my good Sir, us Ladies are perfectly capable of keeping the peace. All swords will be kept under full control until after the banquet and then whatever said Knight wishes to do with his sword is his own doing.

Natarhi has promised to keep an eye on myself and keep me away from Merlin. Everything will go swimmingly :)

This ball shall go down in history as the greatest ball EVER :D
    Lowri wrote: »
    It would be a privilege to look after such a magnificent weapon.
    I also selflessly offer my services should Merlin ever need any help with his sword. I know I'm not supposed to fraternise with the staff but we all know how clumsy Merlin is and Arthur would be rather cross if he were to hurt himself.

See sense at last.. Lowri will look after Excalibur and keep Merlin in check too (with the help of Keren of course) :)
    :o Thank you my lady! I think I'll go with the navy blue, then I can embroider it with silver or gold depending on which jewellery I decide to wear.

Feel free to rifle through my crown jewels until you are satisfied you have found some to match your outfit :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do not fear my good Sir, us Ladies are perfectly capable of keeping the peace. All swords will be kept under full control until after the banquet and then whatever said Knight wishes to do with his sword is his own doing.

Natarhi has promised to keep an eye on myself and keep me away from Merlin. Everything will go swimmingly :)

This ball shall go down in history as the greatest ball EVER :D

Well m'lady, as your adorable self, your irreplaceable maid Natarhi and the elegant Lady Lowri are so willing to go to any lengths to ensure the success of the evening, I feel my confidence being restored that it will be the first of many balls held here :D

Next - Dress colours...If you're going for red and Natarhi for navy blue, any suggestions for Morgana? I was thinking white/silver would be nice...:) I also thought it might be a good idea to wear a crown as well but Morgana said that Arthur might think she was taking the P :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel free to rifle through my crown jewels until you are satisfied you have found some to match your outfit :)
    Bwahhahahahaha! *cough* Ahem, I mean, Thank you my lady, that's very kind of you. :D
    Next - Dress colours...If you're going for red and Natarhi for navy blue, any suggestions for Morgana? I was thinking white/silver would be nice...:) I also thought it might be a good idea to wear a crown as well but Morgana said that Arthur might think she was taking the P :o:D
    White/silver sounds fantastic. :) In that case I think I shall opt for gold detailing on my dress. As for the crown how about a beaded/jewelled headband that Morgana can wear across her forehead? That would give a crown-ish impression without stirring up trouble as a real crown might. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well m'lady, as your adorable self, your irreplaceable maid Natarhi and the elegant Lady Lowri are so willing to go to any lengths to ensure the success of the evening, I feel my confidence being restored that it will be the first of many balls held here

I think white/silver sounds wonderful :) As for the crown I think I'm going to have to go with Natarhi's advice..
    Bwahhahahahaha! *cough* Ahem, I mean, Thank you my lady, that's very kind of you. :D

;):p
    White/silver sounds fantastic. :) In that case I think I shall opt for gold detailing on my dress. As for the crown how about a beaded/jewelled headband that Morgana can wear across her forehead? That would give a crown-ish impression without stirring up trouble as a real crown might. :)

You see why shes my maid Sir Stu? Fantastic advice my love :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perfect :) decorated with pearls I think :)

*starts to daydream about Morgana dressed all in white and is temporarily unable to think of anything to say* :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perfect :) decorated with pearls I think :)

*starts to daydream about Morgana dressed all in white and is temporarily unable to think of anything to say* :o:D
    Well I shall leave you to your happy dreams of Morgana in white. I'm off to view lady star's crown jewels before I retire for the night. She's promised to let me touch the bits I'm most drawn to. :D

Goodnight Sir Stu! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I shall leave you to your happy dreams of Morgana in white. I'm off to view lady star's crown jewels before I retire for the night. She's promised to let me touch the bits I'm most drawn to.

Goodnight Sir Stu!

*Tries to contain it.. and fails*

Bahahahahahahahahahaha

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D