[news]'Finding Nemo' sequel to be titled 'Finding Dory'[/news]

Coming November 2015! http://www.facebook.com/PixarFindingDory?group_id=0

A bit of a wait, but I'm excited!

Ellen DeGeneres is returning to voice Dory! :D

Comments

• AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculously excited for this! I LOVED Ellen as Dory and she was the movie for me. I've already mentally booked my tickets.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy about this....I can't wait...:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ridiculously excited for this! I LOVED Ellen as Dory and she was the movie for me. I've already mentally booked my tickets.

Might want to calm down... a bit.

Over 2 and a half years. I'll put the kettle on while we wait :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe I'm going to hawk my blog on here again, but I did write a thing about Pixar a little while ago.

http://rantfarm.org/2012/09/14/my-journey-with-pixar/

Believe it or not, Finding Nemo is one of my least favourite Pixar films.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just keep looking, just keep looking....
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Happy about this....I can't wait...:D

You got quoted in the main article :D
  • AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    You got quoted in the main article :D

He did! He's famous now: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/at-the-movies/a470061/digital-spy-reader-reactions-to-finding-nemo-sequel-finding-dory.html
    Believe it or not, Finding Nemo is one of my least favourite Pixar films.

How come?
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think a sequals a good idea to be honest. 'Finding Dory' just doesn't sound right
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How come?

Don't misunderstand me. I really like it, but the Pixar bar is so high! Of all the Pixar films, it seems like the one most squarely aimed at children. I love it, just not as much as their others.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    What will they do about the guy who originally voiced Nemo? He's 18 now, but it'll be a shame to recast him.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't misunderstand me. I really like it, but the Pixar bar is so high! Of all the Pixar films, it seems like the one most squarely aimed at children. I love it, just not as much as their others.

That's exactly the reason I love it. It doesn't try to cater to adults as well. Ones that try to do that I enjoy less!!

P.S. So excited for Finding Dory!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant
    One of the best news in movies i have heard this year
  • liam58liam58 Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Sorry to be negative here but, It seems to me that now days Pixar are just making sequels, OK we had Brave last year but it would be nice for them to come up with some new ideas for films. :(
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    What will they do about the guy who originally voiced Nemo? He's 18 now, but it'll be a shame to recast him.

Using the same guy worked for Andy in Toy Story. Plus we don't know how much time will have elapsed between this one and the last one.
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Using the same guy worked for Andy in Toy Story. Plus we don't know how much time will have elapsed between this one and the last one.

About one year after Finding Nemo. Stanton said in the press release.

Probably will be recast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Yes! Can't wait!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    liam58 wrote: »
    Sorry to be negative here but, It seems to me that now days Pixar are just making sequels, OK we had Brave last year but it would be nice for them to come up with some new ideas for films. :(

I agree with you to some extent. It does seem like their slate is a bit sequel heavy, with MU this year and Finding Dory announced. I don't think Cars should have ever got a sequel. But there'll be original films between the sequels. The Good Dinosaur is in development along with an untitled film about the human brain, and one about Day of the Dead.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    I'd rather have had a Monsters Inc 2 than MU :(
    I havent seen Finding Nemo yet! :o But going to see it next week!
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    liam58 wrote: »

I think since Disney took over there are two many sequels planned and Pixar are in real danger of losing their way. The high points are Wall-e and Up so far for innovation and great filmmaking. But Brave showed none of that worldly knowingness that characterised Toy Story, Bugs Life, Finding Nemo and the two above.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so excited for this!!! i love Pixar films...my least fave are the Cars films i think...in particularly the second one :/

But i adore Finding Nemo...so i fully am mega excited for this!

Have to say my hype for Toy Story 3 is the most its ever been (and ever will be most likely) but i think this is my second most excited about it i have been....thus far ill rank them

Toy Story 3
    Toy Story
    Wall-E
    Finding Nemo
    Toy Story 2
    Monsters Inc
    Up
    Ratatouille
    The Incredibles
    Brave
    A Bugs Life
    Cars
    Cars 2

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Lazy and uninspired, it didn't need a sequel. It more than stood up for itself. Have Pixar really reached the point where they have no original ideas? or are they just after a quick buck? If Monsters University or Finding Dory sucks, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to forgive them...
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixar has run out of ideas I see
  • Air ResistanceAir Resistance Posts: 5,145
    Forum Member
    Loved the original, one of the best Disney of all time Imo. Hope the sequal stacks up.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    I havent seen the Cars films yet :o I probably will one day but they dont seem as appealling as their other films - didnt Cars only get a sequel due to the amount of tie in merchandise the 1st film sold?
    I do really like the song Our Town from the first Cars though :cry:
  • spubbbbaspubbbba Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I havent seen the Cars films yet :o I probably will one day but they dont seem as appealling as their other films - didnt Cars only get a sequel due to the amount of tie in merchandise the 1st film sold?
    I do really like the song Our Town from the first Cars though :cry:

That’s what I’d read and a real shame if it’s true as Cars was easily their worst film and certainly didn’t deserve 1 sequel, much less expanding the universe with the Planes film.

Doing a sequel is kind of lazy, but I can see why as it’s easy money. Even all those awful straight to video Disney follow ups must have made a profit as they keep churning them out.