Looking for 2 movies, (From the 80s/90s?)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
Hiya everyone,

I am looking for two films that I saw a very long time ago when I was bout 5 or 6, I would have seen these in the early 90s, and I believe both films may have been made around that time (or maybe the late 80s)

The first movie was about a child (or maybe 2 children?) who was trying to get back to their home, and they were traveling across these magical little villages and towns, with whimsical little characters, I think I remember a 'toy town' kind of place as one of the little places they had to travel through, any ideas?

The second one is even vaguer, I only really remember one scene - a person was hanging in a cage type thing that was hanging from a tree in the middle of a field (I believe this person was a maiden or princess, it was set a long time ago in a fantasy world) and a man riding a horse has to rescue her, because all these little bad guys were coming to get her - so he had to go on a journey to find a key or something, to let her free from the cage. I think he had to go on a journey - I remember people wearing medieval type clothes?

I know they are both very vague descriptions :o, but any ideas at all would be great, thank you! :)

Comments

• Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Could the second be The Last Unicorn?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hiya, nope that's not it, they were both live action as far as I can remember (I probably should have mentioned that in my OP)

I've been trying to find that second movie for years but have never managed to find it, the description is just too vague :o
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    Never ending story? 2nd one.. Conan the Barbarian ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    pericom wrote: »
    Never ending story? 2nd one.. Conan the Barbarian ?

Hiya, the second one could well be Conan the Barbarian!! I'll have to watch it to find out so I've ordered a copy from amazon for £1.27, can't go wrong, thank you for that suggestion, I'll update after I've watched it :D

The first one isn't the Never ending story (Love that movie though,makes me cry everytime :cry:)

Looking forward to watching Conan the Barbarian though, even if it isn't the one I'm after, who doesn't love a good Arnie movie?? lol thanks again x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    2nd one sounds like Willow
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the film "North" for the first one.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too obvious I would have thought but maybe The Princess Bride or Ladyhawke for the second one?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i was thinking of that Arnie film for the second film you mentioned..I had all his stuff when i was younger lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willow. Red sonja.
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there are "good" arnie movies ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    The movie that sprang to mind for the first one is 'The Blue Bird' a 1976 movie not to be confused with the Shirley Temple one. This one has a v.young Patsy Kensit, Elizabeth Taylor, Jane Fonda and many other familiar faces.

The two children journey through various realms to find the Blue Bird. T'was a film I loved as a kid (the Shirley Temple one is OK too).