Helen Flanagan Loses £1m deal

13»

Comments

• Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    She is way over-rated in the looks department. I've never understood the hype myself.

Nope, me neither. She's a dog especially without make up. But she's got big tits :rolleyes:
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    Strange thing to say ...

Why do you think companies spend millions of pounds each year using attractive women for advertising ?

To attract straight men?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »
    Yes, but as a straight man, I'm sure you can appreciate when another man is good looking, even though he does nothing for you personally? There's a difference betwee acknowledging that someone is good looking, and actually finding them personally attractive.

I mean I am a straight woman, and I can see other women and think that they are very attractive, but I don't fancy them.

As for Helen Flanagan, I don't see what all the fuss is about either. She's not that good looking (obviously, it's all subjective) and doesn't seem to have anything between the ears either.

No, I can't. With the sole exception I mentioned, I don't see any attraction in men at all. I know some straight women say they know what women are attractive, but I've noticed this is often very divergent from what most men would find attractive. Indeed, the value you place on her having something between the ears is not one that would be shared by all men (though some would).

Of course, all that is a bit generalised. Not all straight men agree on what women are attractive. So it's all opinion really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a strange post. People of the same gender can - and do - appreciate each other's looks (or not) all the time. I've never known someone to claim it just doesn't happen before. :confused:

Well, now you have.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,747
    Forum Member
    To attract straight men?[/QUOTE

Oh right - guess I must have missed the queues of straight men buying Lancome/Clinique products :cool:
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I can't. With the sole exception I mentioned, I don't see any attraction in men at all. I know some straight women say they know what women are attractive, but I've noticed this is often very divergent from what most men would find attractive. Indeed, the value you place on her having something between the ears is not one that would be shared by all men (though some would).

Of course, all that is a bit generalised. Not all straight men agree on what women are attractive. So it's all opinion really.

More attractive men are used in advertising aimed at men too though (on the whole anyway). Even in ads like 'Just for Men' it's a more glamorous older bloke, not one with a pot belly who looks a bit rough :D

But yes, it's all subjective. Each to our own and all that :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    To attract straight men?
    To products like hairspray and lipstick?
  • Souffle GirlSouffle Girl Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Well, now you have.

It's a very, very odd thing to believe though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a very, very odd thing to believe though.

Why? I'm going on myself here, and I simply do not find men good-looking.
  • bbnutnutbbnutnut Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To products like hairspray and lipstick?

And bras?
  • Souffle GirlSouffle Girl Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Why? I'm going on myself here, and I simply do not find men good-looking.

It's the fact that you don't seem to realise or be able to accept that most people of the same gender generally have no issues accepting the beauty of each other when they see it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the fact that you don't seem to realise or be able to accept that most people of the same gender generally have no issues accepting the beauty of each other when they see it.

Well, I don't. There's probably no point in discussing it further though. I guess other people find differently.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Agree. She's not my favourite person in the world but maybe young women should be looking up to her as how to be a strong and successful businesswoman

Unless they pregnant, then Michelle will fire them, for being pregnant.