Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the Peachy advert
    I do like Maria Bingo ad though especially with the man on an exercise bike saying "Actooooorrrrrrr"
    Then shows judges enjoying a guy running around in a magic carpet costume. Random but I love it
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »
    He did well to get that gig though, considering he's been dead for nearly 20 years. Now that's dedication!

I made an error its ANDREW CASTLE the ad (injury lawayers) wrong one ...sorry but its annoying LOL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was on last year and is back again the Irn Bru ad calling the child "fanny" ..... who thought of this ad sure needs shaken .... I don't follow it at all ... one of the worst ads ever!

Also FoxyBingo ad .... just ruin Hot Chocolate "sexy thing" for me now......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    davor wrote: »
    I hate the laughing Churchill ad. So irritating.

This!
    Just what were they on when they thought up this pile of drivel?! Never in a million years would it make me buy their product.
  • SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A trivial thing but for some reason this really annoys me...

Man dismantles wheel on coach so he can make his holiday last longer. Woman says "heyyyyy" and stretches out her arm in the most false, am-dram manner. I don't know why but I hate it.

Then to make matters worse, the next shot is from over her shoulder and her arm isn't outstretched... then it is.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Is it a Persil ad.

You know, the girl with her vintage dress, talking about the stains, while the other girl, presumaby her sister or a friend, nods and agrees.

What's going on there?
    I'm guessing the stains are the fault of the other girl who's been borrowing the dress behind her back?
  • Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    Greedy Kerry Katona taking filthy lucre off a loan shark company to entrap poor people into taking out loans out from Cashlady with huge interest rates. PUKE.
    :mad::mad::mad:

This one.

Who in their right mind would listen to financial advice from her?
  • RedHedRedHed Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new H&M advert with Becks running around in his pants, it's terrible the way it objectifies him, I find the whole message of the advert appalling and...........
    LOL, sorry, i can't keep a straight face anymore, this ad is AWSOME! ;):D
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    A trivial thing but for some reason this really annoys me...

Man dismantles wheel on coach so he can make his holiday last longer. Woman says "heyyyyy" and stretches out her arm in the most false, am-dram manner. I don't know why but I hate it.

Then to make matters worse, the next shot is from over her shoulder and her arm isn't outstretched... then it is.

I know exactly what you mean with the woman, Ive seen better acting In a school nativity play! and the way the bloke just strolls off and gets down to his trunks and dives in the pool without a thought for people wanting to catch flights! still, maybe the Spanish police will wipe that smug grin off his chops when he gets arrested for criminal damage....

and breathe...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vanish - tell us about your stain. No I don't think I will, thanks.

Also, I dunno if it's just NI, but there's a ppi ad with a man who has the weirdest accent I've ever heard, it seems to travel round northern Ireland and end up in Scotland. I see it about 12 times a day and it bugs the crap outta me.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Also sorry if this has been posted before but my hate is not one single advert, but the trend in adverts that have some wistful, painstaking cover version of a popular song. Usually sung acapella or accompanied by a guitar. The one that springs to mind is an advert for something I can't remember covering a Marc Bolan / T-Rex song. There was one that used Twinkle Twinkle Little Star once.

They all sound like Diane Vickers sedated.

THIS HAS TO STOP NOW!!
    I don't think i've heard her sing. But she doesn't come across as the brightest spark.

She even manages to confuse herself in this clip
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTIPI3d2yoY
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    RedHed wrote: »
    The new H&M advert with Becks running around in his pants, it's terrible the way it objectifies him, I find the whole message of the advert appalling and...........
    LOL, sorry, i can't keep a straight face anymore, this ad is AWSOME! ;):D

It's a stupid ad. But it gets props from me for featuring
    a Foster the People song. :D
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the Andrex ad talking about what I think they're talking about?!
    Fold or Scrunch!

If so, thats ****ing retarded.

And why does the chav bint say 'Beehive' at the end?
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Is it a Persil ad.

You know, the girl with her vintage dress, talking about the stains, while the other girl, presumaby her sister or a friend, nods and agrees.

What's going on there?
    I'm guessing the stains are the fault of the other girl who's been borrowing the dress behind her back?

I'm not sure what the joke is meant to be either? I presume we're meant to laugh at the girl thinking the dress is now stain-fine and lovely, despite her still having the horrible blue seagulls (I think they're seagulls?) on the dress (a viewpoint her sister/friend seems to be agree with, judging by her sarcastic eyebrow raising at the end).
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    BARRY SCOTT is back..caught him earlier trying to flog me some version of CILLIT BANG...guff stuff, and it stinks.

It keeps the parodies on horrible histories going though, I'd rather the horrible histories cast doing the actual ads though..new PEE-SIL wee and the dirt is gone lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    I made an error its ANDREW CASTLE the ad (injury lawayers) wrong one ...sorry but its annoying LOL

Yep I figured that one out as I've seen the ad too.

Everytime I see a celebrity on a loan / injury lawyers / cash4gold / webuyanycar type advert- I think of the Bill Hicks quote "you are off the artistic roll call".

Nice to see what Andrew Castle's price for advertising morally bankrupt garbage is.

Kerry Katona and her disgusting loan shark ad doesn't surprise me in the slightest though. When it's hard to say who's sunk lowest, the company or the 'celebrity', you know you have a perfect match of personality and product.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TracerTong wrote: »
    Is the Andrex ad talking about what I think they're talking about?!
    Fold or Scrunch!

If so, thats ****ing retarded.

And why does the chav bint say 'Beehive' at the end?

She's saying 'behave', something that brain dead Essex chavs say. The ad men see TOWIE and smell pound signs.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to see Robert Lindsey selling his soul to sky for their ads. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    im hating the beyonce o2 ad dont know why and loving the david bekham ad mmm drool everytime
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »
    Yep I figured that one out as I've seen the ad too.

Everytime I see a celebrity on a loan / injury lawyers / cash4gold / webuyanycar type advert- I think of the Bill Hicks quote "you are off the artistic roll call".

Nice to see what Andrew Castle's price for advertising morally bankrupt garbage is.

Kerry Katona and her disgusting loan shark ad doesn't surprise me in the slightest though. When it's hard to say who's sunk lowest, the company or the 'celebrity', you know you have a perfect match of personality and product.

Its never off ... and as for that Kerry Katona ..... jeez you think she would have common sense ... SEE the APR on the ad 2670% (or there about) :eek: .... Katona you have gone down my books but your just as bad as that TOWIE lot ... looking for media attention and as for "the big reunion" you ALSO appear on for ITV .... I would rather see Jenny Frost (sorry slightly off topic) but can't stand her now :sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    BARRY SCOTT is back..caught him earlier trying to flog me some version of CILLIT BANG...guff stuff, and it stinks.

It keeps the parodies on horrible histories going though, I'd rather the horrible histories cast doing the actual ads though..new PEE-SIL wee and the dirt is gone lol

Everytime I see Cillit Bang I sometimes think its clit! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    another one shown on STV ..... Debt Advisory Scotland ..... advertise a Glasgow number (0141) .... we will do this and that .... be good if you done than the ad a bit more professional ... looks like an ad done by 5 year olds!

Quantum Claims is another ---- Scotland has a Champion...... (guy is on a horse with a scotland flag ....) whoever comes up with these ideas for ads need shaken (and what does this have to do with "claims"?? I guess William Wallace made a claim in 1297 for raiding England) :D

and FINALLY .... that annoying Ramsdens ads .... the intro is so bad why??? .... This is my branch so come on in....camera is zooming in .... I prepare to walk out :D .... From Edinburgh .... to Newcastle .... to Cardiff .... there is a branch near you ..... can Google Maps direct me AWAY from these stores :D
  • tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The awful Linda McCartney veggie advert.

Sounds like a poor Paul McCartney soundalike voiceover, with a cartoon Linda prancing around with animals and cooking pots. Background music tries to sound like a chirpy "Wings" song.

Pathetic, but topical, as a few years ago, her vegetarian food products were found to have things in that they shouldn't, i.e. meat.
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    tartan18 wrote: »
    The awful Linda McCartney veggie advert.

Sounds like a poor Paul McCartney soundalike voiceover, with a cartoon Linda prancing around with animals and cooking pots. Background music tries to sound like a chirpy "Wings" song.

Pathetic, but topical, as a few years ago, her vegetarian food products were found to have things in that they shouldn't, i.e. meat.

I read recently that it IS him on he backing track, apparently they decided to do this ad as they hadn't done one for 15 years or something, anyway Mr M.redid an old song for it and did the voiceover, probably saw all the trouble over horsemeat and thought he could flog a few "veggie" burgers in the back of it, probably needed the money, the McCartney family are only worth 965 million;)
  • jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    another one shown on STV ..... Debt Advisory Scotland ..... advertise a Glasgow number (0141) .... we will do this and that .... be good if you done than the ad a bit more professional ... looks like an ad done by 5 year olds!

What's wrong with advertising a Glasgow number? Better than a chargeable nasty starting 084/7.
This discussion has been closed.