Why do some parents condone Underage Sex?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This one has puzzled me for months.

You have a guy like Peter Stringfellow who was known for having young girls in his club and he had a sexual relationship with a girl at the age of 14 yet instead of the mother going straight to the cops shes happy to turn a blind eye just because hes rich and probably gave her a load of money.

Jacko was the same he had cases against him yet these parents conveniently settled out of court because hes loaded.

Comments

• dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Money, Money, Money if it is the above two examples, but if you want a more specific debate you would be best putting it in general discussion rather than showbiz.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know why as you alluded to it in your post, money.
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This one has puzzled me for months.

You have a guy like Peter Stringfellow who was known for having young girls in his club and he had a sexual relationship with a girl at the age of 14 yet instead of the mother going straight to the cops shes happy to turn a blind eye just because hes rich and probably gave her a load of money.

You sure you're not thinking of Bill Wyman?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1189753/If-happened-Bill-jail-Mandy-Smith-Rolling-Stone-seduced-her.html
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like asking "Why did she marry that ugly old millionaire?"
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bill Wyman is the worst. While he was shagging the 13 year old Mandy, his son was knocking off her mother - classy bunch
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's true, I can't for the life of me understand why Mandy Smith's mother allowed her to sleep with him when he knew she was underage. It's just completely irresponsible parenting allowing that to happen. I say I can't understand, but well, pieces of paper springs to mind. I don't know what was going through the head of the completely incompetent police in her area back then. Why the hell didn't they charge him with having underage sex? According to the papers, that is.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Bill Wyman is the worst. While he was shagging the 13 year old Mandy, his son was knocking off her mother - classy bunch

I'd love to know why the police aren't going after him for. Unless it's not true perhaps.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have 14 year old daughter who's completely off the rails but who meets an older man and calms down a bit, you may well find yourself being more accepting of the relationship than you would if your daughter came from a perfect family (and if she came from a perfect environment, chances are she wouldn't be out seeking older lovers at such a young age in the first place).

You make the best of what life throws at you, and sometimes that involves tolerating things you don't really like but which you know is the least-worst option.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I'd love to know why the police aren't going after him for. Unless it's not true perhaps.

It was 25 years ago. As far as I recall, he did speak to the police but they decided not to prosecute. He ended up marrying her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course it's true. She says it happened, he's never denied it and everyone in the press knew about it at the time. They thought it was hilarious. I remember Matthew Wright talking about that a while back on TV.

She is surprisingly forgiving towards the rock star ex-husband who could have ruined her life, saying: 'People aren’t as protective of celebrities nowadays and if this had happened recently I think Bill would have ended up in prison.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1189753/If-happened-Bill-jail-Mandy-Smith-Rolling-Stone-seduced-her.html#ixzz2YP33Tjdl
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's true, I can't for the life of me understand why Mandy Smith's mother allowed her to sleep with him when he knew she was underage. It's just completely irresponsible parenting allowing that to happen. I say I can't understand, but well, pieces of paper springs to mind. I don't know what was going through the head of the completely incompetent police in her area back then. Why the hell didn't they charge him with having underage sex? According to the papers, that is.

Because hes wealthy and rich.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    It was 25 years ago. As far as I recall, he did speak to the police but they decided not to prosecute. He ended up marrying her

Decided not to prosecute? Yeah they were deffinately paid off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon Ross wrote: »
    Of course it's true. She says it happened, he's never denied it and everyone in the press knew about it at the time. They thought it was hilarious. I remember Matthew Wright talking about that a while back on TV.

She is surprisingly forgiving towards the rock star ex-husband who could have ruined her life, saying: 'People aren’t as protective of celebrities nowadays and if this had happened recently I think Bill would have ended up in prison.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1189753/If-happened-Bill-jail-Mandy-Smith-Rolling-Stone-seduced-her.html#ixzz2YP33Tjdl

Still nothing stopping them from going after him now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decided not to prosecute? Yeah they were deffinately paid off.

Anyway, what's this about Stringfellow? Never heard that before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Obviously a load of bollocks as daveycrocket can't answer it.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,937
    Forum Member
    Some Newspaper clippings...

Aug 19 1986
    Mandy Smith 16 questioned by police (CI Serious Crimes) over her claim she was Bill Wyman’s lover when aged 13, police expected to question Wyman.

Apr 05 1989
    “It was like finding religion. It is something I have never got over. I don’t think I ever will. It happens once or twice in your life if you are lucky.” Bill Wyman taking about Mandy Smith.

Jun 03 1989
    Bill Wyman, 52 married Mandy Smith, 18

May 1990
    Mandy Smith divorced Bill Wyman.

Nov 17 1992
    Wyman 56, Smith 21, divorce settlement at High Court for £580,000.

Jan 21 1993
    Mandy Smith started taking the pill aged 14. Says it upset her psyche and produced the emotional problems.

Oct 30 1993
    Judge gave two men a conditional discharge after sex with a 13 year old, police told the court the girl was, “more like Mandy Smith than the proverbial schoolgirl.”
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Im not at your beckon every minute of the day you know.

So you never heard of Stringfellows club that had plenty of underage girls then?

It was in the news and the papers.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the chavs are brought up with no morals then the rubbish they produce - little Chantelles and Dwaynes have no morals too.

Working class rubbish
  • Winchester LadyWinchester Lady Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Underage" is an arbitrary concept, varies greatly even within Europe. So I think we should be very flexible about sex lives and live according to our human nature, not try to fit into rigid and ill-founded limits.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the chavs are brought up with no morals then the rubbish they produce - little Chantelles and Dwaynes have no morals too.

Working class rubbish

Katie Hopkins? Is that you?